Thread: Mt Wellington, Sat 20 August

Bike
    Custom Ag100

Mt Wellington, Sat 20 August

Reminder for those that want to come along and ride Pocket Bikes on the Mt Wellington track or have a look at what they are all about.

This Saturday from 9.30, 28 Tainui Road, (off Morrin Road) Mt Wellington

Cost to ride is $20, $10 kids. Minimum protective gear is ankles covered, knee pads, stout jacket, gloves & helmet (no visible flesh)

Rubber/Nylon pegs and side stands removed please to protect track.

Bike
    b1 rep
    I was up in auckland this weekend and thort i might check it out , Check what out max and myself was the only pocket bikers there W.T.F
    Had some mean laps tho ,the only other thing that suxed was it chewed up a set of savas.
    IF YOU GET OUT OF THE LIONS DEN DONT GO BACK FOR YOUR HAT

Bike
    minimoto
    Quote Originally Posted by daz71 View Post
    I was up in auckland this weekend and thort i might check it out , Check what out max and myself was the only pocket bikers there W.T.F
    Had some mean laps tho ,the only other thing that suxed was it chewed up a set of savas.
    haha, i got a couple of savas i could sell cheap, lol. you must of liked the track to much , ah!

Bike
    NSR250SE MC21
    Quote Originally Posted by stallion View Post
    haha, i got a couple of savas i could sell cheap, lol. you must of liked the track to much , ah!
    Mate this guy is getting quick ! first time a round edgecumbe in reverse
    he was hard to catch and I like the reverse track done it a lot now !..

Cheap sava's ? i'm keen

Regards
    Ian

Bike
    b1 rep
    Quote Originally Posted by stallion View Post
    Yeah the track was mean but ruff az i would only ride it again when i need new tyres.
    And tyres are mine ian lol.

Bike
    NSR250SE MC21
    Yeah the track was mean but ruff az i would only ride it again when i need new tyres.
    And tyres are mine ian lol.
    i've been keen to try the track myself but never made it up there... I guess the other put off is they don't run races's so it's just a track day by the looks of it ?..

Bugger i need new rubber to !.... enjoy them sava's daz you will need them to catch up with me hahah !!

Bike
    b1 rep
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_penguin View Post
    i've been keen to try the track myself but never made it up there... I guess the other put off is they don't run races's so it's just a track day by the looks of it ?..

Bugger i need new rubber to !.... enjoy them sava's daz you will need them to catch up with me hahah !!
    Yeah track days are only good when chasing mates like you ,makes me go faster

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    Glad you enjoyed it, there were a couple of us from Ham that couldn't make it this month.

If you have a close look at your tyres i think you will find that you haven't *chewed them up* but rather picked up extra rubber off the track as Mt Wellington has heaps of rubber laid down and that is why it is so slippery when wet. Just peels off.

Past savas(MAs at that) on my bikes have lasted 2 years mainly running at Mt Welly in the early days. Unless maybe you were running them with low pressures therefore over heating them.

Bike
    NSR250SE MC21
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it, there were a couple of us from Ham that couldn't make it this month.

If you have a close look at your tyres i think you will find that you haven't *chewed them up* but rather picked up extra rubber off the track as Mt Wellington has heaps of rubber laid down and that is why it is so slippery when wet. Just peels off.

Past savas(MAs at that) on my bikes have lasted 2 years mainly running at Mt Welly in the early days. Unless maybe you were running them with low pressures therefore over heating them.

Out of interest what pressures have you been running in your sava's BigAl ?

Bike
    NSR250SE MC21
    Yeah track days are only good when chasing mates like you ,makes me go faster
    Sounds like the next few meetings are gunna be fun then

Just pin a target on that yellow helmet hahah can't have him winning all the time hahah

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_penguin View Post
    Out of interest what pressures have you been running in your sava's BigAl ?
    I'm only a lightwt and tend to run around 30psi in summer and 25psi in winter, remember the higher the pressure the colder the tyre runs.

Thread Information