Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any young chick riders in Auckland?

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    There are still quite a few above ground ... that totally believe you are a young(er) chick ...
    Yeah but she ain't THAT far above the ground...
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Yeah but she ain't THAT far above the ground...
    Every day above ground is a GOOD one ... it matters little how far ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    I'd suggest you don't stick your details up in public Babu... at 5 posts (where you are now) you should be able to use Private Messaging
    Its all good, she emailed me just sucks that I just found out I am having wrist/hand surgery next week and will be banned from riding for a wee bit

Bike
    A fast one
    Quote Originally Posted by Babu0205 View Post
    Wow you r rich!
    Anyway is there anyone live around birkenhead?
    I got a bike 6 months ago and im still not brave enough to ride it over the bridge ;(
    The bridge isn't that bad

The first time I went across I was pretty nervous for a whole lot of reasons...getting squished, blown over by the wind, choosing the wrong lane but in hindsight I had nothing to worry about

It is pretty simple really, once you've done it you will realise it isn't that hard or scary! It sounds like you've had some people offer to take you across, I think that's a great idea. Especially with a loud Harley at the back...

Bike
    Its a Boat
    I have been under the bridge...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bridge day 001.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	696.9 KB 
ID:	265380  

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post

The first time I went across I was pretty nervous for a whole lot of reasons...getting squished, blown over by the wind, choosing the wrong lane but in hindsight I had nothing to worry about

It is pretty simple really, once you've done it you will realise it isn't that hard or scary! It sounds like you've had some people offer to take you across, I think that's a great idea. Especially with a loud Harley at the back...
    Yep she is pretty loud Mr Hellokitty has just put new pipes on the Hornet and now she is loud too

Bike
    Repsol something or other
    I didnt realise how many budding riders there are on the shore.

Nice to see plenty of women getting in the saddle too

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by baffa View Post
    I didnt realise how many budding riders there are on the shore.

Nice to see plenty of women getting in the saddle too
    we are everywhere

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN125
    I'm just in the process of learning, but so far I LOVE IT! So defo hit me up in a month or two.

Only thing, I only have a GN125 atm for learning on, not sure I could keep up with a Harley. I think I'd be a bit putt putt next to you.

I'm in Takapuna too btw

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    a GN 125 will SMOKE a harley any day!!!

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Just looked at your bike - love the paint!
    You are so right, good style
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    gn250E
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozza2442 View Post
    I'm just in the process of learning, but so far I LOVE IT! So defo hit me up in a month or two.

Only thing, I only have a GN125 atm for learning on, not sure I could keep up with a Harley. I think I'd be a bit putt putt next to you.

I'm in Takapuna too btw
    I'm a female just starting out on a gn250 I'm looking for other people to ride with just for a bit of fun.. Let me know if you're keen to meet up and go for a cruise somewhere!

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN125
    Quote Originally Posted by smh View Post
    I'm a female just starting out on a gn250 I'm looking for other people to ride with just for a bit of fun.. Let me know if you're keen to meet up and go for a cruise somewhere!
    Heya!

I'm defo keeno to go for a ride Where are you? I'm in Takapuna. I work in town at a boring desk job so can't do Mon-Fri but can do weekends!
    My bikes being a bit odd so I need to give her a look over this weekend, but I could be keen for a shortish ride this weekend (weather dependant)

How long have you been riding for?

Lauren

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki ZZR1100
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post

I am going to beg to differ on the bridge. Per km it is as dangerous as any piece of road I know.
    Actually, I don't use it much now, but reckon I have crossed it on 2 wheels about 2000 times.
    Pleased to say that so far I have always made it.

Usually it is just fine, but here are some things that have happened to me on the Ak Harbour Bridge:
    * struck on the ankle by a piece of 4x2 off a builder's ute - hobbled for 2 days afterwards
    * hit by a tennis ball sized rock squeezed out like an orange pip from a truck tyre (bruise on leg)
    * overtaken by a motorcyclist southbound at peak hour doing over 100mph (estimated)
    * overtaken on scooter at speed & then nearly pushed into side as car returned to my lane out of space
    * truck & trailer attempt to overtake my scooter at 100 kph (truck was not actually fast enough)
    * Was desperate & crossed (motorcycle) in a cylone (160kph gusts) (Yes I was crazy - not allowed now)

That is just what I can remember off the cuff. Please be very careful out there! Far worse than this happens.

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN125
    Quote Originally Posted by sootie View Post
    I am going to beg to differ on the bridge. Per km it is as dangerous as any piece of road I know.
    Actually, I don't use it much now, but reckon I have crossed it on 2 wheels about 2000 times.
    Pleased to say that so far I have always made it.

Usually it is just fine, but here are some things that have happened to me on the Ak Harbour Bridge:
    * struck on the ankle by a piece of 4x2 off a builder's ute - hobbled for 2 days afterwards
    * hit by a tennis ball sized rock squeezed out like an orange pip from a truck tyre (bruise on leg)
    * overtaken by a motorcyclist southbound at peak hour doing over 100mph (estimated)
    * overtaken on scooter at speed & then nearly pushed into side as car returned to my lane out of space
    * truck & trailer attempt to overtake my scooter at 100 kph (truck was not actually fast enough)
    * Was desperate & crossed (motorcycle) in a cylone (160kph gusts) (Yes I was crazy - not allowed now)

That is just what I can remember off the cuff. Please be very careful out there! Far worse than this happens.
    Lets not scare smh off the bridge mmmk?
    I do it twice a day everyday, I've been sweet everyday. You've just gotta be observant and remember the wind factor.
    Don't forget, a lot of that could happen on a normal bit of road too. Keep your eyes peeled, don't ride like a retard, don't lane split and you'll be sweet.

Thread Information