Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shopping for bike?

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Do like

Bike
    Too many to count
    is trademe going to get all upset with the server loading this causes, or are they going to wake up to the fact their search functionality sucks?

If it was going to be the latter, they would have fixed it by now.

This tool is a cool idea - but googling within trademe.co.nz still seems to be the best bet

can we have operators? eg "sports AND touring"? having a customisable range of cc is fantastic!

Bike
    Ratty As
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    is trademe going to get all upset with the server loading this causes, or are they going to wake up to the fact their search functionality sucks?

If it was going to be the latter, they would have fixed it by now.

This tool is a cool idea - but googling within trademe.co.nz still seems to be the best bet

can we have operators? eg "sports AND touring"? having a customisable range of cc is fantastic!
    Can enable full regex on the filters but I think will probably have some kind of control panel with checkboxes. Right now trying to figure out how to only load the thumbnails on the current page to reduce times...

Trademe doesn't seem to mind these kinds of apps so far, the way this one works works is a utility (run.php) loading from the api into several json files on my server and then index.php loads them. All I need to do is make sure run.php runs a few times a day and there shouldn't be any out of date/missing links and trademe should be happy =) my infinite bandwidth hosting plan should cope... hopefully. haha

•°o.O[Design & Photography]O.o°•
    •°o.O[Book of faces]O.o°•

Bike
    Ratty As
    Haven't forgotten about this... Just been learning code igniter.
    Should be much quicker soon =)

•°o.O[Design & Photography]O.o°•
    •°o.O[Book of faces]O.o°•

Thread Information