Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boyle Kawasaki - Wellington

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries

Boyle Kawasaki - Wellington

Ahhh, remember the days when bike shops used to carry a good range of spares? I do, but those days are all but gone. Even the most basic part always seems to need to be ordered from Japan.

I recently-ish picked up a bike that had been sitting round a while. It had a DID 530 chain that needed a rivet link. When I went to order one through my local shop, the wholesale supplier told them "That is a old chain series of chain, we don't do links for those anymore, it is probably stuffed anyway, just tell him to get a new chain". The chain was not stuffed at all, in fact it was in as new condition. I did not want to lash out a few hundy on a new chain, but luckily for me, someone said to ring Boyle Kawasaki in Wellington, mentioning they had an impressive range of spares behind the counter. I duly called them, and John Boyle answered the phone. I told him what I needed, he put down the phone and about 30 seconds later informed me he had several. Not only that, he sent it right away and I got it the next day.

Boyle Kawasaki, a small shop from the outside, with a tardis like inside full of over the counter spares!!! Legend guys. Seriously, give them a go, you may well just get a pleasant surprise like I did!

Thank You Boyle Kawasaki, good to see those old values still exist in this day and age!

Bike
    Goose
    Yep, Boyles have gone out of their way to help me in the past and charged me a pittance for doing so. Good buggars, especially when it comes to the "older" bikes!
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    I would have expected that with a 532, but 530? Must be thousands of bikes out there running them.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    I would have expected that with a 532, but 530? Must be thousands of bikes out there running them.
    They still do 530's, just newer models. The links do not fit, the pins are a bees disck bigger.
    And yeah str8, they did not charge much for the link either. Good bugga's indeed!

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    They still do 530's, just newer models. The links do not fit, the pins are a bees disck bigger.
    And yeah str8, they did not charge much for the link either. Good bugga's indeed!
    John and Mark are both GC's and really know their stuff. They were fun to work for.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s
    A few weeks ago I was hit by a car that was leaving a petrol station. I saw it coming and grabbed a handful of throttle but the car hit me. I managed to stay upright and the only thing damaged was a pretty decent sized dent in one of the exhaust pipes. Bastard who hit me didn't stop

I took it to Boyles and they said they'd be able to sort it.

A day later I got the call to say it was ready, went in and was gob smacked at the amazing work they'd done. When I say it looks as good as new, it actually does.

Great work Boyle Kawasaki and a big thank you for the quality work you guys do and at a very good price

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Have they got a GPz550 unitrak in there for sale? Just asking.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Ahhh, remember the days when bike shops used to carry a good range of spares? I do, but those days are all but gone. Even the most basic part always seems to need to be ordered from Japan.

I recently-ish picked up a bike that had been sitting round a while. It had a DID 530 chain that needed a rivet link. When I went to order one through my local shop, the wholesale supplier told them "That is a old chain series of chain, we don't do links for those anymore, it is probably stuffed anyway, just tell him to get a new chain". The chain was not stuffed at all, in fact it was in as new condition. I did not want to lash out a few hundy on a new chain, but luckily for me, someone said to ring Boyle Kawasaki in Wellington, mentioning they had an impressive range of spares behind the counter. I duly called them, and John Boyle answered the phone. I told him what I needed, he put down the phone and about 30 seconds later informed me he had several. Not only that, he sent it right away and I got it the next day.

Boyle Kawasaki, a small shop from the outside, with a tardis like inside full of over the counter spares!!! Legend guys. Seriously, give them a go, you may well just get a pleasant surprise like I did!

Thank You Boyle Kawasaki, good to see those old values still exist in this day and age!
    Whose your local shop? Sounds like they are not to helpful. Should not have been a problem?

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Whose your local shop? Sounds like they are not to helpful. Should not have been a problem?
    The wholesaler had stopped supplying them, so it was not a bike shop issue as such.

A few weeks ago I rang Boyles about a 1989 ZXR750H1 mirror, did they have one in stock? Yes they did, and oem at a great price to boot.
    Try ringing around other shops asking for a oem mirror for a bike that old to see if they have them in stock. Good luck.

Boyle Bro's Motorcycle are simply amazing!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardNZ View Post
    A few weeks ago I was hit by a car that was leaving a petrol station. I saw it coming and grabbed a handful of throttle but the car hit me. I managed to stay upright and the only thing damaged was a pretty decent sized dent in one of the exhaust pipes. Bastard who hit me didn't stop

I took it to Boyles and they said they'd be able to sort it.

A day later I got the call to say it was ready, went in and was gob smacked at the amazing work they'd done. When I say it looks as good as new, it actually does.

Great work Boyle Kawasaki and a big thank you for the quality work you guys do and at a very good price
    Didja say hello to Pete if he's still working there. He's missed hereabout.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Didja say hello to Pete if he's still working there. He's missed hereabout.
    I did actually. He'd just returned to work after 3 weeks off for back surgery. He was the same old Pete minus the limp. He's a top bloke and agree he's missed on KB.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    I did actually. He'd just returned to work after 3 weeks off for back surgery. He was the same old Pete minus the limp. He's a top bloke and agree he's missed on KB.
    Ol Crasher always get dropped in on when I go to Welly and Boyles have assisted my nephew with bike bits for the last coupla years, since I introduced him to Pete.
    But!@#$ Don't drink the coffee???
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    XB12S
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I bought one off them many many years ago. It was Marks personal bike with a factory 1/4 race cam.
    It was a light rocketship .

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I had one of those. 1981 model. Still wish I had it, though by todays standards it rode poorly.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Did you check if the Petrol station forecourt cameras got the license plate ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information