Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good starting bike for a short young lady?

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro View Post
    http://cycle-ergo.com/

What is the official stance on placing feet with regard to training and driving tests etc? Here in Ireland, your right foot stays on the back brake and your left foot balances the bike. Being 6'4", I can't speak too authoritively here but I think this works well for the short of leg too, being able to skew off to the LHS a bit rather than being on tip toes with both feet??
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
    Stats that both feet must be placed but an exception could be made, shes a bit clumsy and would most likly drop the fucker lol
    Damn that ia actualy quite interesting, as stated for ireland, in the UK you had you right foot on the brake lever left foot on the ground. Change feet just prior to engaging a gear to move off.
    I understand that it can be argued 'safer' with both feet on the ground, but you still have to lift your foot to 'select first gear'. What both feet on the ground will encourage is leaving the bike in gear while stopped, and front brake, throttle are in the same hand hand slip?? Oooooops!!
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    250 Katana.

Sor'ed.
    I'm 5'2" and comfortably can get both feet flat, slightly bent knees on Katman's 400 katana. Comfortable riding position too given that I'm used to my bandit and thought I'd be almost lying flat on the katana tank.

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Yes Suzuki has had its fair s hare of dodgy names - Marauder, Bandit.....
    Phwoar I love my bandito, sneaky sexy beast that it is.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    No bike
    I'm a bit late to jump into this one but I'm 5'2" and I had a VL250 which was perfect for learning on. Not the best open road bike but you know when you are ready for more bike and are less likely to give yourself horrendous frights. Now I have two bikes and one is a newish Ninja 250 for commuting. I'm tippy toe but it's light and the skills I developed on the VL mean the Ninja is just right. I wouldn't have felt confident enough to start on the Ninja but really, it would have been fine.

Love those older cbr250r's! A great bike after the VL

Bike
    This might be of interest if you haven't already seen it. It's in Dunedin.

Thread Information