View Poll Results: How many times have you crashed on the road?

Voters
295. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

77 26.10%
  • Once

79 26.78%
  • Twice

42 14.24%
  • Three times

37 12.54%
  • Four times

15 5.08%
  • Five times

14 4.75%
  • Six or more times

31 10.51%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How many times have you crashed on the road?

Bike
    04 R1, RM250k6
    None, and really hope to keep it that way

Had a close call where I froze on a one way curved bridge and forgot how to turn, ended up in the gutter but just missed the railing phew

Oh and one time riding my dirtbike back to the car, going up a hill bit of lean and gas = lowside.. hmm knobblies on road are shiiit

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Quote Originally Posted by Animus View Post
    Ever since I began riding road bikes at 15 I've heard the age old saying "it's not if you will crash, it is when you crash" and in the past 12 years have crashed three times on the road.

Would you be so helpful as to tell me how many times you have crashed on the road?
    define 'crash' See, stalling a car means turning the key and carrying on, stalling a bike can often mean losing your grip, and the bike falling over and getting damaged, which i dont really class as a crash.

The statement would ring much more true if it was
    'its not IF you will damage your bike, its when'.

Such an attitude is negative, and really not that helpfull. You are obviously human, and not perfect, so sooner or later you WILL make a mistake. and that mistake MIGHT cause damage to your bike, and it MIGHT cause you injury (or death), but none of the above listed reults of a mistake are certain.

Bike
    1988, Honda CBR250
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    define 'crash' See, stalling a car means turning the key and carrying on, stalling a bike can often mean losing your grip, and the bike falling over and getting damaged, which i dont really class as a crash.

The statement would ring much more true if it was
    'its not IF you will damage your bike, its when'.

Such an attitude is negative, and really not that helpfull. You are obviously human, and not perfect, so sooner or later you WILL make a mistake. and that mistake MIGHT cause damage to your bike, and it MIGHT cause you injury (or death), but none of the above listed reults of a mistake are certain.
    what he said

Bike
    2009, Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    None so far... but haven't even been on the road for a year yet. Nearly collected a cow at 1am the other morning though...

Bike
    93 ducati ss 750
    dig this, a front wheel tuck at about 60-70km caused by me letting pressure out of the front tyre cause there was lots of tread on the out side, I know, I know, it was the 250cc years and i am a tight scottish bastard. hey I fallen of both road bikes I owned, pushin my skills boundry cause im pretending iam the naki ginger (konini street) at the isle.

Bike
    93 ducati ss 750

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Animus View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]246720[/ATTA
    if this guy writes as well as he takes care of his silky hair it should be a goldmine
    HA !!!! that golden silky smooth shiney hair is very off putting. unless ur a hairdresser, still thats me judging by the cover. must get to that superbike school
    then i 2 will be a Keith convert.

Bike
    Can Am Spyder RS. 2010
    Cold, liter v-twin, gentle bend, bike prone to occasional hiccup and chose this time to do it. Big lurch, me on the deck, bike picked up by three lovely ladies. This doesn't count times forgetting to put stand down or two up, and the road with a steeper camber than my leg could reach.
    The perversity of the universe tends towards a maximum

Bike
    XJR1200 here & GSX1400 back in Ireland
    A chemical sprayer hanging off the back of a tractor broke loose and clothes-lined me in March. I got knocked back the way I came. I took the blow across my chest, head and right arm. I was lucky I wasn't decaptiated!! I got away with a swollen throbbing arm and some cuts and bruises. The bike didn't fair as well. It died and I lived. That's the right way round!

It was a freak accident and his insurance company were anxious to keep me happy!! That's what's paying for my little NZ adventure!!

Bike
    I have done 2 stationary "drops". Once when my feet where stuck in the foot pegs and another time when an old lady drove into me

Bike
    Z900
    twice and both were my fault. i had a low speed head on with a car once at an intersection, and threw my bike into a bridge the other time doing some rolling burnouts lol
    "your car is boring"

Bike
    Big ol' Hornet.
    I voted 4 times but its 5. Forgot about the last time when i lowsided on a roundabout after failing to avoid a thick line of oil on the road. Two were due to riding above my skill level and other two were SMIDSYs.
    Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy.
    Heinlein

MotoTT Trackdays

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    In the first 20 years of riding I had more accidents than I could ever recall. (And I can't think of one of them that was anyone's fault other than my own).

None in the last 10 years and I'm determined to keep it that way.

Bike
    2005 Z750S
    Do gravel tracks count as "road"?

Crashed twice. In 1990, both on the same day on the same "road", on my RD250/350LC. The gravel track to the T.V. transmitter on the North side of the Manawatu gorge had just been thickly re-metalled, and I lost it on a downward sloped right-hand bend. Partly because my girlfriend (now Wife) kept slidng forward and I was getting pushed up onto the tank. Second off was at bottom of that "road", came 'round a corner to find a car stopped right in the middle of the track, with both front doors open. Nowhere to go. Brakes, deep gravel, bars already bent from earlier off, down we go again.

Learned a whole lot of lessons that day.
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Bike
    2009, Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    In the first 20 years of riding I had more accidents than I could ever recall. (And I can't think of one of them that was anyone's fault other than my own).

None in the last 10 years and I'm determined to keep it that way.
    Katman?! Someone must have hacked your account aye...

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    In the first 20 years of riding I had more accidents than I could ever recall.
    You of all people shouldn't come on here and tell us about your crashes, its fucking funny you did though
    You sound reckless dude, for me as said once back in 1982 smidsu

anyway suck my knob, and come down to the taupo track on the 23rd I will buy you a coffee
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Thread Information