Thread: Added Some Gallery Images

Bike
    All of them

Added Some Gallery Images

Home > User galleries > Big Dave > Rogues Gallery

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedMedic
    Thanks I forgot to do that - enjoy the film?

Bike
    justsomebike
    Thanks for that G - couldn't find the bloody User Galleries link......

Bike
    All of them
    Just realised you only got 5 more posts to get even with me.. boy you musta been typing hard out for the past few months.

Which reminds me.. you a night owl I'm thinking.. The only time I see youon here is like after midnight.. and you dissapear again when the sun come up.

Just working from home this is like my water cooler - and i have 3 'puters around me - one of them is usually open on here or a Triumph group.

I prefer the night shift - easier to concentrate building stuff like this:
    www.amps.co.nz
    without the phone going, kids bludging money, door to door salespeople etc.

Bike
    All of them
    You build that site?.. Its good. Are you open to some minor critisisms?
    It's not finished - but go on.

Bike
    All of them
    Yeah realise its not finished.. but looking good so far.

When I click on Used Bikes all of the shop selection comes up ie.. including the new stock.
    You cannot search for a bike by Make/Model/CC rating. (This is a common feature on sales sites)
    There is a crude "sorter" that lets you sort ascending order etc, but it is annoying having to click through the whole shops inventory to find a particular Triumph for example.
    I would like to search for 600cc for example but cannot.. I had to go through 117 bikes to find a 600 cc

Just an idea thats all... but you prolly knew that and was going to do it anyway... or its too blardy hard.

Cheers
    Valid - but not much I can do about it - that all happens at the bike point site - which is administed by ACP. I just link to it.
    And tell me about it - frustratingly Bike point doesen't even work on my computer/browser combination at all - hangs it. So I have to open netscape to check.
    I hassled them about it and they said....'use netscape'. Yeah whatever.

Trade me and bike mart will have a viable alternative shortly.
    chz

Bike
    justsomebike
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave
    Valid - but not much I can do about it - that all happens at the bike point site - which is administed by ACP. I just link to it.
    And tell me about it - frustratingly Bike point doesen't even work on my computer/browser combination at all - hangs it. So I have to open netscape to check.
    I hassled them about it and they said....'use netscape'. Yeah whatever.

Trade me and bike mart will have a viable alternative shortly.
    chz
    Well instead of sending people away to harley's site or KTM's site - and to their dealer network including AMPS competition

You could just link all those pictures to this link

http://aucklandmc.bikepoint.co.nz/po...opDefault.aspx

And hey - that show room tour is an awesome awesome awesome intro to what AMPS is about - don't hide it away

Everyone there looks good except Lou who it appears is trying to shoot himself ................

As for your browser hanging - if you use Windows/Internet explorer - when was the last time you went to Windows Update and updated everything?? Are your antivirus and spyware blocker software all up to date?? All these things are available free on the net......

Bike
    justsomebike
    Yeah realise its not finished.. but looking good so far.

When I click on Used Bikes all of the shop selection comes up ie.. including the new stock.
    You cannot search for a bike by Make/Model/CC rating. (This is a common feature on sales sites)
    There is a crude "sorter" that lets you sort ascending order etc, but it is annoying having to click through the whole shops inventory to find a particular Triumph for example.
    I would like to search for 600cc for example but cannot.. I had to go through 117 bikes to find a 600 cc (although a good marketing ploy it is tedious)

Just an idea thats all... but you prolly knew that and was going to do it anyway... or its too blardy hard.

Cheers
    For that Speedy you'll need AMPS to buy a decent search engine software package and load their inventory onto it. They will also need an inventory control system.......all of which they probably got - but are all probably 100 years old and neither of which will "work" with the other systems in thier IT infrastructure.

Currently they use Bike Point .co.nz - which is a bastard company that makes a lot of money selling a service that makes it (bikepoint) popular and rich - but makes it's clients (AMPS) look stupid and backward technology wise.

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy
    As for your browser hanging - if you use Windows/Internet explorer - when was the last time you went to Windows Update and updated everything??
    When hell freezes over!
    Macintosh till I die.

On the site - the brief is for a 'portal' - resources to have all the data locally are not available. you get that.

Bike
    All of them
    For that Speedy you'll need AMPS to buy a decent search engine software package and load their inventory onto it. They will also need an inventory control system.......all of which they probably got - but are all probably 100 years old and neither of which will "work" with the other systems in thier IT infrastructure.

Currently they use Bike Point .co.nz - which is a bastard company that makes a lot of money selling a service that makes it (bikepoint) popular and rich - but makes it's clients (AMPS) look stupid and backward technology wise.

Thing is bike point is VERY cheap for the dealers - it's like $50 or something per month and the inventory thing is what it is supposed to do.

Bike
    justsomebike
    Thing is bike point is VERY cheap for the dealers - it's like $50 or something per month and the inventory thing is what it is supposed to do.
    Bike point may be cheap but that doesn't mean it's the best all round value for money.

It's lucky that NZ is probably as technologically advanced as your average third world country as far as e-Commerce is concerned......otherwise Bike point would have gone bust or updated itself years ago......

Ever wonder how Sam Morgan (started TradeMe) became a millionaire soo fast and was voted the fastest growing businessman in this part of the planet??

Bike
    justsomebike
    On the site - the brief is for a 'portal' - resources to have all the data locally are not available. you get that.
    A portal is a great idea......I hope that they have a proper affiliate marketing program set-up - (meaning if someone goes through amps site and buys stuff on another site AMPS get a cut of the sale). It's now standard operating practice in many parts of the world.

Bike
    justsomebike
    Sorry for hijacking your thread with all my bullshit but I'm genuinely pissed at how dumb some of the NZ bike shop owners are when it comes to the internet....

And considering the fact that doing business on the internet is 99.99% similar to doing business in the physical world the fear these guys have regarding the internet is an utter joke..... I say this from talking to the owners of 4 of some of the largest bike places in Auckland.

The first place that cleans its act up is going to be laughing all the way to the bank.

Bike
    All of them
    Bike point may be cheap but that doesn't mean it's the best all round value for money.

It's lucky that NZ is probably as technologically advanced as your average third world country as far as e-Commerce is concerned......otherwise Bike point would have gone bust or updated itself years ago......

Ever wonder how Sam Morgan (started TradeMe) became a millionaire soo fast and was voted the fastest growing businessman in this part of the planet??

Bike Mart (another one of my logos ;-)) and Trade Me have an agreement in place - should come to fruition shortly.

i'll talk to you about that soon.

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.

Everyone there looks good except Lou who it appears is trying to shoot himself ................
    I'm practising for when it all gets too much.
    Speed doesn't kill people.
    Stupidity kills people.

Thread Information