Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawke's Bay Ride Outs - is anyone there?

Bike
    Triumph XC 800
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Glad to hear you and GUS made it home safe...

I think we all need to work on our fitness before another trip like that one
    "Those who hammer there guns into plow shears will plow for those who do not" Thomas Jefferson

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by GPS MAN View Post
    Glad to hear you and GUS made it home safe...

I think we all need to work on our fitness before another trip like that one
    Amen to that Wade...o'll Night Falcon was pretty cream crakered after that we excursion, I couldn't get up on the pegs for very long so had to wrestle the 690 through most of the sticky bits. It was fun though and I managed to get through with no spills and no broken mirrors (unlike last time ) I was well impressed with Barts skills on the DR; how he got through with that skinny $10.00 rear tire was outstanding!
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    XRV750, DL650, KL250, XR200R
    Just a heads up for the ride this Saturday, 8.30 am at the intersection of Salsbury rd and highway 50.
    Please indicate if you can make it and don't forget the extra 20 bucks for the "bit on the side" on the way through the ride.
    COP, "Ive been waiting to catch you all day"
    BIKER "Sorry officer, I got here as fast as I could"

Bike
    that black thing above the puddle of oil
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    Amen to that Wade...o'll Night Falcon was pretty cream crakered after that we excursion, I couldn't get up on the pegs for very long so had to wrestle the 690 through most of the sticky bits. It was fun though and I managed to get through with no spills and no broken mirrors (unlike last time ) I was well impressed with Barts skills on the DR; how he got through with that skinny $10.00 rear tire was outstanding!
    Yeah, I'm knackered too. Way unfit. Bloody orange bikes pushing me along at stupid speeds. I'm well impressed with the skills of Ricky on the big 990.

Never underestimate the awesomeness of $10 tyres........I only dropped it once (but got stuck a few times)

Photos to come. It might be tomorrow night though, as I've got some home brew to bottle tonight. Priorities....
    Showing off for the camera since ages ago

Barts Photos
    Barts adventure photo thread

Bike
    Triumph XC 800
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Waipukbiker View Post
    Just a heads up for the ride this Saturday, 8.30 am at the intersection of Salsbury rd and highway 50.
    Please indicate if you can make it and don't forget the extra 20 bucks for the "bit on the side" on the way through the ride.
    Might be a go...will have to see how the week unfolds...
    "Those who hammer there guns into plow shears will plow for those who do not" Thomas Jefferson

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Have penciled it in. hopefully my sore but-tox will be healed by then, almost 700ks over the weekend....think my seat needs some more attention so might be time for the mk 3 version!! whats the "bit on the side" all about Rossco?
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    Its something on a small lifestyle block thats non bike related and its had a huge thumbs up from 2 other motorcycle clubs who have been there.
    Ill leave it at that so you will have to wait and see.
    There is snow on them thar hills at the mo so unless it gets some serious sun up there, we wont be too far from it on some of the roads up there so if there is a westerly wind then it could be a bit. There may a couple of non KBers joining us, another DR650 and a Transalp. I will try and get an idea of distance from Salsbury rd to Noreswood and post it before the weekend

Bike

MAD ride

Here's a few shots from the MAD ride

The Makairo has had a facelift. The road was closed, but we couldn't resist having a nosey. A bulldozer has been making a real mess.

The track came right after a while. I wonder if they're going to clear the track right through.

Bloody orange things....

Little Manuhara

Barts Photos

Bike
    Lunch at the Pongaroa Pub. Next time I'm not taking sandwiches. Burgers the size of your head, with 2 steaks in them.

Spur Road

The second closed road of the day. Puketio Road had a couple of wash outs, but easy enough on a bike.

Not many photos after this. I was getting buggered after being chased down by orange bikes all day. Cheers guys for coming along. Awesome day.

I must mention Ricky on the 990. He was chucking that thing around like a dirt bike. Good stuff.

Bigger versions of these photos and many more will be available by the end of the week.

Cheers,
    Bart

Barts Photos

Bike
    XR650R, XR200RC, DRZ250K5
    Hey Ross, All going well me & TW will be there.

Bike
    Cheers Johny, be good to see you guys, Ive just done an estimate of the distance and trying to work it out using the scales on the map and allowing for all the bends its looking around 250 kms to Norsewood, possibly, and thats from the Salsbury rd intersection. Its only a guestimate at best so Im going have a fuel drop at the "Bit on the side" location for piece of mind. I know fuel wont be a prob for some of the bikes coming but it will be for any DR650,s on stock tanks and not sure about yours Johny. prob take 25 ltrs there so please, if you think you might need some, allow a couple of bucks a ltre. cheers for that.

Bit of a question mark on the weather but close to the ranges, it can be very unpredictable so allow for anything.

Bike
    89 GPX750, 06KLR650
    Hi Waipukbiker, Beem02 and myself from Wellington are planning on coming up for this ride, so we will see you at the intersection of Salisbury Road and SH50 at 8.30 on Saturday.

cheers

Paul
    Paul’s Adventure riding Photo’s

Latest photo's

Paved Roads are just another example of Wasted Taxpayer Dollars

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    I'm out now Ross, have a great ride & make sure someone takes some pics

Bike
    Shame you cant come Robin, Hope you have a good weekend anyway

Bike
    Triumph XC 800
    Blog Entries
    Hey Ross ~ I am working in Palmerston North on Friday...

The job could spill over to Saturday...if it doesn't I'll see you there

Thread Information