Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawke's Bay Ride Outs - is anyone there?

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Was scouting some possible routes this morning when I found this bloke parked up on the road you see everything in the Bay

....wherezz that track go

Bike
    various

Thumbs up Time to get dirty

I got some old slicks just waiting for a local adventure ride , so when is it on ?
    THE GREATEST ACHIEVEMENTS ARE FOUND OUTSIDE OUR COMFORT ZONE

Bike
    Husqvarna 701E - WR250F - Can Am 500
    Quote Originally Posted by Denniso View Post
    I got some old slicks just waiting for a local adventure ride , so when is it on ?
    I used to think that you had to have good knobbly tyres to go fast on gravel, till I met Denniso

Used slicks indeed
    Here for a good time, not necessarily a long time

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Thats pretty aweome to come across a plane on your gravel ride Marty.
    Glad you are out there checking some routes. My 200 still in dirt mode at the mo, no lights, rego plate etc & v dirty. On to it soon as WOF due.
    Yep, Denniso can sure make those slicks a fair hummmmm on the gravel. He would scream past me never to be seen. . . .

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Me and my mate jim go for a spin most saturdays for few hrs, usually head for gravel/beaches. there dosn't seem to be alot of forrestry single track up this way that isn't closed off (by permit only). I'm from the south island originally so am not that familier with all where public riding areas. Anyone wanting to join us for a ride is welcome just pm me

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    hb rides sound good to me! dr and xr650s are both sitting a bit idle at present
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    Me and my mate jim go for a spin most saturdays for few hrs, usually head for gravel/beaches. there dosn't seem to be alot of forrestry single track up this way that isn't closed off (by permit only). I'm from the south island originally so am not that familier with all where public riding areas. Anyone wanting to join us for a ride is welcome just pm me
    Theres a little bit of off road/forestry you can do off Waiptiki Rd, which takes you through to Aropaoanui Rd. Did a couple years back. Not toooo difficult. That section could be good in a ride if not closed off now.

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Girl View Post
    Theres a little bit of off road/forestry you can do off Waiptiki Rd, which takes you through to Aropaoanui Rd. Did a couple years back. Not toooo difficult. That section could be good in a ride if not closed off now.
    We went through both those roads couple weeks back...found an open forestry road which we explored for 2k was awsome but always had the feeling we were tresspasing not sure what the rules are for paper roads? there are lots of roads/tracks around there though We also been checking out the Kaweka ranges which is simply riding nervana but all the roads have locked gates

Bike
    that black thing above the puddle of oil
    We also been checking out the Kaweka ranges which is simply riding nervana but all the roads have locked gates
    Comet hut isn't a bad ride. I've been meaning to have a bit more of a look around, but never seem to have time when doing the Taihape/Napier road. It's on my 'to do' list for the summer.
    Showing off for the camera since ages ago

Barts Photos
    Barts adventure photo thread

Bike
    KTM 640 Enduro
    :not sure what the rules are for paper roads? :
    The rules for paper roads (or 'unformed legal roads' ) are: go hard

Just make sure you are on the actual paper road line, check out the WAMS website for maps & take a GPS. If there is a locked gate on a paper road you are fully entitled to go over/under/around/through-with-your-gas-axe unless a temporary (and it does have to be genuinely temporary) closure has been notified & signposted by the council.

It is good manners to inform the adjacent farmers if you are planning to travel on a rarely used paper road & be aware that it is lambing at present so some spots may best be left for later in the year.

Cheers
    Clint

Bike
    MT09, XT250

Thumbs up 5th Nov

I know it's a little way out yet...but I am heading over to see Steely Dan.. (I love 'em)

If there is some good riding to be done on some fairly non - technical gravel over that ways....then I might pootle over on the XT and not dash over on the SV

and that would occupy me for Saturday rather nicely

any suggestions appreciated

cheers

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by nic View Post
    I know it's a little way out yet...but I am heading over to see Steely Dan.. (I love 'em)

If there is some good riding to be done on some fairly non - technical gravel over that ways....then I might pootle over on the XT and not dash over on the SV

cheers
    If you need accomodation for the night, theres a spare bedroom here. Problem is Havelock North is 18 odd ks away from Church Rd Winery.

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by nic View Post

cheers
    Hey Nic..gravel is something we're not short of round these parts A nice detour off the napier taupo through the mohaka whould be ya best shot commin from rotovagis...when that concert on?

Bike
    Triumph XC 800
    Blog Entries
    Hey DR Girl...I'm still here..just not riding much.. As Bart said this is my busy time of the year and hard to make plans..

Keep me informed and I'll see how my schedule works out
    "Those who hammer there guns into plow shears will plow for those who do not" Thomas Jefferson

Bike
    Wrrrrrr
    Living in the bay and just purchased an 09 DR650 and aim to do some ride outs this summer, has to go for compliance as the last owner let the rego lapse for more than 12 months

Will keep an eye on this thread.

Thread Information