Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawke's Bay Ride Outs - is anyone there?

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Ok I have been informed by my surgical team that if I can pass a WOF tomorrow I can go home. Not there yet but something to look forward too
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Good to hear that you are getting better Marty, sounds like still a lot of pain but being well enough to type on here and with a sense of humour is a big step forwards.
    Hell awhile back just bruising my lower ribs when I tripped up on cracked pathway was bad enough for me, let alone breaking them!
    Sounds like the rest of you had a great trip on the farm.
    Mate had spare weekend so ended up staying at Omori, did Upper Tama lakes on Saturday then early shuttle on Sunday to Tongariro crossing along with Summiting Ngauruhoe for first time.
    Shortly after taking this photo I took a good tumble on a rocky slope and nearly joined Marty!

20131123_3052fb by Raymond Perrett Photography, on Flickr

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Good to hear your on the mend Marty.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Triumph XC 800
    Blog Entries
    Let me know when you get out of Jail/Hospital and I will stop by the house and give you a good laugh.....a PAIN little laughter and a lot of PAIN
    "Those who hammer there guns into plow shears will plow for those who do not" Thomas Jefferson

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by GPS MAN View Post
    Let me know when you get out of Jail/Hospital and I will stop by the house and give you a good laugh.....a PAIN little laughter and a lot of PAIN
    No more of your funny Mexican stories mate...it's strictly politics and religion discussions for the next 6-8 weeks.....my ribs can't handle anything else

Bike
    XRV750, DL650, KL250, XR200R
    Will try and catch up on Sat on my way to the Classic club ride mate, Hope you pass your WOF.
    COP, "Ive been waiting to catch you all day"
    BIKER "Sorry officer, I got here as fast as I could"

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    A few recovered stolen dirt bikes showing up on HB Police FB page at moment. Recovered in recent drug raids. Cops have no idea whose they are so pay to have look you might be able to ID a mates long lost bike etc...

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    A few recovered stolen dirt bikes showing up on HB Police FB page at moment. Recovered in recent drug raids. Cops have no idea whose they are so pay to have look you might be able to ID a mates long lost bike etc...
    must look into that...my lads xr100 went walkies early this year
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Caught up with Marty yesterday afternoon. Ribs very painful but chirpy & typical Marty. . . . . & best thing . . . his Adv riding days are NOT being put to rest
    He had punctured his left lung. But with the mess his ribs are in on the left hand side that's not surprising!!!! He said they were very worried about his head as he didn't recognise his family for 4 days! Still can't remember anything since Ypuk. The Ambo driver visited him in his ward said he had told him he was fine & would ride back to Havelock

Was great to catch up with you Marty. So pleased you haven't lost an ounce of your humour & will be out in time (on a new bike) with the KBers again

Bike
    94 & 98 BMW GS1100
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Girl View Post
    The Ambo driver visited him in his ward said he had told him he was fine & would ride back to Havelock
    Thats the spirit when the going gets tough the tough get going a Marty. What went wrong

GSers

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by GSers View Post
    Thats the spirit when the going gets tough the tough get going a Marty. What went wrong

GSers
    Hmmm can't remember...maybe the 690 wouldn't start....na that's absurd. I think I was out numbered and they might have taken the key out of my ignition. Would have been nice to remember my 2nd ever helicopter ride though

Bike
    Wrrrrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    Hmmm can't remember...maybe the 690 wouldn't start....na that's absurd. I think I was out numbered and they might have taken the key out of my ignition. Would have been nice to remember my 2nd ever helicopter ride though
    Maybe the bike was still on top of you or the chain fell off Stephanie said thats it Paul sell the bike dangerous things. Hows the wife with you getting back on the horse ?

Bike
    94 & 98 BMW GS1100
    So have they kicked you out yet????????????????????

GSers

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by pomgolian View Post
    Maybe the bike was still on top of you or the chain fell off Stephanie said thats it Paul sell the bike dangerous things. Hows the wife with you getting back on the horse ?
    i'm hopping she wont notice a new ktm in the garage.....but if she dose i'll simply explain I just cleaned the old one. as luck would have it she has no problem with me running over sheep as she grew up on a west coast dairy farm.

Quote Originally Posted by GSers View Post
    So have they kicked you out yet????????????????????

GSers
    yes I have been liberated. at home now....curiously I can'tseem to bring myself to go into the garage to view the carnage....whats that about?

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    So pleased you're home

The 690 was your pride & joy so not easy to see her/ him smashed up. . . . . & maybe still with a bit of Mr Lamb here & there

Thread Information