Thread: MB100 development

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A carb and filter 2.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	247708

A better view of the filter modified to be a header tank by adding a breather.

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Because a few people have asked about the GP engine, to save wading through 270 pages, these links go to the more relevent posts about the 27hp engine. Different link collections can be found on the decade pages 80-90-100.....260 etc.

Attachment 238154 27rwhp 1978 Suzuki GP125
    A direct line to a bunch of Team ESE engine development posts ..........

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    . .
    As Dave has for some reason got his back up. . . . .
    Have I? I was just saying that I wouldn't overbore a 100 too far, I wasn't throwing any sort of hissy fit, - the 80?, who knows?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    I've fitted various ignitions over the years and they have all seemed to be good. I've now got an Ignitech. Funny thing is that I can now alter the timing to anything the bike wants and it seems that apart from one little point way up in the powerband a flat timing curve is what it wants. Fixed timing would seem to be OK, as tested on the dyno on my motor.
    Interesting I always were lead to believe the retarding at high revs a little increased the over rev potential a little. When You say way up is that where it is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    13,000rpm(ish).

That might change with the new carb when the power jet is turned off.

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilleye View Post
    Bike is running a Mikuni carb that's been machined out to 27mm and what looks like a home made exhaust system with a can of unknown origin.
    Just a thought I had on this - What is the carb off? Has it run well with this carb before?

It sounds from your first post that you are having trouble jetting it lean enough not to bog but rich enough to not cook.
    Could that be If the Air fuel correction doesn't match the current motor because it's off a 4-stroke or something? (making it too rich at some points and too lean at others)
    (Unfortunately I'm only coming up with more questions rather than the answers I'm sure you want!)

What do you base the "too lean" on AF ratio meter on the dyno?

(EDIT: I can kind of see that on your pic but my eyes aren't the best..)
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Several
    Now I worked out the zoom I can see that pic better.

Was that thingy speedpro pointed out blanked off or still open?

If it was open it would be interesting to see how another dyno session goes with it blocked off.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    2001 Suzuki FXR150
    It's currently still open. I think it's just the oil injection inlet. You reckon that could flow enough air to make a difference?
    Hilleye

If it doesn't bring a tear to your eye, add a little more fully synth 2T to the mix.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    I'm not 100% familiar with those carbs but I think the little white plastic fitting next to the fuel inlet hose needs to be blanked off. Without that you will have a hard time tuning it. Otherwise it looks OK(ish). Make the effort to get a good pipe on it and if you want get a port rubbing and send it to me. I'll run the software over it and see where it's at. If it's old-school you may be better off dropping the cylinder and reporting.
    Looks like a reasonable sort of bucket to get going on.
    I think the white plastic fitting that Speedpro refers to needs to be left alone , it has feelings too!
    Here is a pic of a standart TZR250 carb with a little hozey thing attached, it goes into a gallery which turns right just behind the blanking screw at the bottom of the bellmouth, at the bottom of this gallery is a small jet , I guess its an air jet as there is no airscrew on the carb I have.

Maybe of interest is the brass nipple beside the fuel in hole what is its job, is it hidden in hilleyes picture?

This is the same type of carb as Hilleye has.

Name:	P1000129.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	247926

Name:	P1000130.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	247927
    Last edited by Yow Ling; 4th October 2011 at 19:28. Reason: forgot to put makeup on for photo
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    I think the white plastic fitting that Speedpro refers to needs to be left alone , it has feelings too!
    Here is a pic of a standart TZR250 carb with a little hozey thing attached, it goes into a gallery which turns right just behind the blanking screw at the bottom of the bellmouth, at the bottom of this gallery is a small jet , I guess its an air jet as there is no airscrew on the carb I have.

Maybe of interest is the brass nipple beside the fuel in hole what is its job, is it hidden in hilleyes picture?

This is the same type of carb as Hilleye has.

Name:	P1000129.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	247926

Name:	P1000130.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	247927
    I am with Yow on the Plastic vent. It is the same as my one. It was always left open to the catch can on my bike I have looked for my carb notes and it says I always ran between a 210 and a 230 main in mine .But mine was a higher state of tune I guess.

My carb which was a bit trick in the very early 90's Well that's what I told myself.It bloody cost $75 then which was about 2 days apprentice wages at the time.
    It was always ran with a foam filter (Uni) and came without a throttle cable and a choke the STD MB100 Keihin choke fitted just fine and the only cable I could find to suit then was a DT200 one.
    I read somewhere in PB the max they can be bored was 29.2mm or similar I imagine that would be a real mission. I have some info on these carbs on the computer somewhere it came from a tzr250 tuning story if I can find the site I will post it if it has any relevance.

The great thing with these carbs is they suit the angle of the cylinder with the RD reed rubber and are short and have a huge fuel fitting as well.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    It's not oil injection and I'd be surprised if it was left open or had a jet in the line. Why would you put a jet in a line rather than direct in the carb. It would have been a controlled air bleed to the emulsion tube. I'd lay money on it needing to be blocked off.

Bike
    husaberg
    It's not oil injection and I'd be surprised if it was left open or had a jet in the line. Why would you put a jet in a line rather than direct in the carb. It would have been a controlled air bleed to the emulsion tube. I'd lay money on it needing to be blocked off.
    I don't rememember Yow or anyone saying it had a jet in the vent?

Here is the f3 carb mods I would not say all his mods are Nesercary but here is the Naughty boy page I couldn't get the page to work on the net but I was able to piece this together with a page I had saved.

But as I said above my was never blocked off on my bike that had the same type of motor and the same carb. The power jet was never blocked off either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TZR250 carb f3 spec.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	269.4 KB 
ID:	247946   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TZR250 F3 spec.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	275.7 KB 
ID:	247947   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TZR250 f3 spec 3.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	301.6 KB 
ID:	247948  
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilleye View Post
    You reckon that could flow enough air to make a difference?
    A tiny leak can cause havoc with correct carberretion. Yes, very much so.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Several
    I'm not experienced in dyno tuning but from that graph you posted, the meagre power output and tuning problems you seem to be having I'd suspect there is something wrong somewhere. The carb would be the first logical suspect.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I'm with Mike, block that puppy.

There is an jet to the emulsion tube & the pilot system at the front of the bellmouth. Why have another air passage?

Answer, probably open a solenoid to lean it off when at idle to pass an emissions test on Jap models. My RGV 32mm carb has the same doofer & there seem to be several versions of RGV carbs even between the usual VJ21 & 22 models presumably for different markets. I couldn't get it to run better with it open or even with a tiny jet in it as I attempted to use this for tuning to see what it liked best.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information