Thread: drive and stay alive website

Bike
    06 Transalp
    Blog Entries

drive and stay alive website

Road Safety news from around the world

http://www.driveandstayalive.com/inf...tm#latest-news
    Motorbike only search
    YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - CRC AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE CRC. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE

Bike
    2013 EX300SE
    Interesting site James.

I like the bit about racing drivers not necessarily being the best teachers for road safety. It's a bit like using racing lines on the road I guess. Fine at times, but not always the best.

Cheers

Paul

Bike
    Sold
    Good stuff.

I've just seen this"safety" system which is run in the UK: http://www.icecontact.com/ (In Case of Emergency)The principle of having contact phone numbers for next of kin in case you're incapacitated in an accident or whatever still applies whether you have a phone system or simply have a list in your wallet. It's a timely reminder and I'm going to put an ICE list in my wallet today!

Geoff

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwalo
    Interesting site James.

I like the bit about racing drivers not necessarily being the best teachers for road safety. It's a bit like using racing lines on the road I guess. Fine at times, but not always the best.

Cheers

Paul
    Agreed about racing drivers not necessarily being safe [looks around KB - hmmmm ] . Didn't like the overall tone of the article though , too much like our LTSA "better training for drivers is bad, it encourages them"

More scarey was the link to THIS

Seems the EU now has mandated speed controllers on PSVs and trucks. Speed limited to 100kph and 90kph respecively. Absolutely. How long before we get it here? And some granny thinks they'd be a good idea "on those dangerous motorcycles".
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    06 Transalp
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird
    Good stuff.

I've just seen this"safety" system which is run in the UK: http://www.icecontact.com/ (In Case of Emergency)The principle of having contact phone numbers for next of kin in case you're incapacitated in an accident or whatever still applies whether you have a phone system or simply have a list in your wallet. It's a timely reminder and I'm going to put an ICE list in my wallet today!

Geoff
    Have already asked Vodafone NZ about this.
    They have no current plans but have passed the request to their marketing department.
    Motorbike only search
    YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - CRC AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE CRC. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE

Bike
    2013 EX300SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion
    Agreed about racing drivers not necessarily being safe [looks around KB - hmmmm ] . Didn't like the overall tone of the article though , too much like our LTSA "better training for drivers is bad, it encourages them"

More scarey was the link to THIS

Seems the EU now has mandated speed controllers on PSVs and trucks. Speed limited to 100kph and 90kph respecively. Absolutely. How long before we get it here? And some granny thinks they'd be a good idea "on those dangerous motorcycles".
    Don't you just love the EU! Those chappies make the Greens look like intellectuals.

But pale in comparison to Kalifornia!
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    92 Yamaha FJ1430A
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird
    Good stuff.

Geoff
    i have ICE in my phone contacts on my Mobile.. hope i never need it
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

SARGE
    represented by GCM

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries

NZ safety

This is own own NZ rider safety site ,,not sure if posted before ,,an interesting read non the less

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Thread Information