Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Bimota YB8 Postie project sees the light of day

Bike
    Exercycle
    Again it bears repeating - you build a bike to the letter of the rules in the current rulebook, right or bloody wrong....

There are several anomalies in the current post classic rules which the NZPCRA do not seem to have any intention of correcting. From what I've seen - from a considerable distance because they won't come South - they prefer to administer by reference to their published "interpretation" of the rules.
    Away from the NI this just doesn't cut it as any club must run to the current MNZ rules.
    They claim to be the oracles for post classic racing in NZ....right, now you're a recognised club, draw up some bloody remits to correct the mistakes and omissions in the book...or another club will.
    How MNZ can recognise any club with NZ in the title when they have no SI representation I just don't know.....
    Bring the Bim South - we'll accept it happily

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Again it bears repeating - you build a bike to the letter of the rules in the current rulebook, right or bloody wrong....

There are several anomalies in the current post classic rules which the NZPCRA do not seem to have any intention of correcting. From what I've seen - from a considerable distance because they won't come South - they prefer to administer by reference to their published "interpretation" of the rules.
    Away from the NI this just doesn't cut it as any club must run to the current MNZ rules.
    They claim to be the oracles for post classic racing in NZ....right, now you're a recognised club, draw up some bloody remits to correct the mistakes and omissions in the book...or another club will.
    How MNZ can recognise any club with NZ in the title when they have no SI representation I just don't know.....
    Bring the Bim South - we'll accept it happily

Cool, just got back from travlling oversease + a look of GP at Phillip Island , to find this healthy discussion!.
    The mainlanders offer is definatly something to look forward to, best tracks are in the southern peninsular anyway. :-) & i think the bimmer will enjoy their layouts, as its real stable on the side of its tyre after my initial ride.

Have got a bunch of stuff supporting the 89 thing, and the bikes pretty old school anyway. Conventional forks, weight and geometry almost identical to the FZR in race trim, + same wheels and motor as the FZR. Brakes are a bit better spec though as they used Brembo gear as standard which is cool with disc sizes the same as the FZR, I have kept the stock calipers of course!. I havent bothered bracing the swingarm like i did on the Fizzer - as it seems to be a little more stiff in this area.

Billy makes a good point - & i scratch my head on the "pre" wording.............., but same applies in OZ so it must be right ? (dont mention the rugby).

Looking forward to racefairings getting the fairings finished and jono wagner throwin some paint on em, - suggestions for colour ?

GW

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    Cool, just got back from travlling oversease + a look of GP at Phillip Island , to find this healthy discussion!.
    The mainlanders offer is definatly something to look forward to, best tracks are in the southern peninsular anyway. :-) & i think the bimmer will enjoy their layouts, as its real stable on the side of its tyre after my initial ride.

Have got a bunch of stuff supporting the 89 thing, and the bikes pretty old school anyway. Conventional forks, weight and geometry almost idenntial to the FZR in race trim, + same wheels and motor as the FZR. Brakes are a bit better spec though as they used Brembo gear as standard which is cool with disc sizes the same as the FZR, I have kept the stock calipers of course!. I havent bothered bracing the swingarm like i did on the Fizzer - as it seems to be a little more stiff in this area.

Billy makes a good point - & i scratch my head on the "pre" wording.............., but same applies in OZ so it must be right ? (dont mention the rugby).

Looking forward to racefairings getting the fairings finished and jono wagner throwin some paint on em, - suggestions for colour ?

GW
    Sprung!! I thought that was you in the "close-but-not-quite-the-same" dodgy marshall's oufit wheeling Rossi's munted Duc out the gate and muttering something about "pre-89".

Your Bimota signor? She issa Italiano no? Itta mussa be a RED! (to match a few of the faces going apoplectic in the background whenever it turns up, haha)

Bike
    GSXR1000K2, 89 GSXR1100K
    Have got a bunch of stuff supporting the 89 thing,
    GW
    I suggest, as I did before, that you send a copy of the "stuff supporting the 89 thing" and send it into NZPCRA club. This would stop all the whining and prevent any protests.
    I look forward to following you around the track again, or at least till the first turn.
    How to make a small fortune out of motorcycle racing, start out with a BIG fortune

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin

GW
    Factory - White and red with green striping.
    (If I've got the model correct)
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Smith View Post
    I suggest, as I did before, that you send a copy of the "stuff supporting the 89 thing" and send it into NZPCRA club. This would stop all the whining and prevent any protests.
    I look forward to following you around the track again, or at least till the first turn.
    1) Hi Pete, No real need too submit info, - the process of protest (if it ever did occur) is actually quite a healthy thing in my mind and it puts to test the system, the rules and all the people involved.

Long live the kiwi way of chinese whispers & whining, - it makes the whole thing so much more fun! :-)

2) I reakon you'll kick my arse to the first turn mate - the clutch on that thing of mine is grabbier than a jandal on sandpaper - has anyone got a fix for that ?. I remember someone up north had a cable clutch fitted to their FZR to replace the hydraulic actuator - did this help with that trait?

GW

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Factory - White and red with green striping.
    (If I've got the model correct)
    You are correct sir, the only problem is repairing repainting all those tri-colours when it gets scratched up.............

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Snapped
    Man i stopped playing that game when i was 7, have moved onto last card now.

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Your Bimota signor? She issa Italiano no? Itta mussa be a RED! (to match a few of the faces going apoplectic in the background whenever it turns up, haha)[/QUOTE]

Spud, dontya know all red bikes are slooooow......... - Um , what colour is your bike again... ? :-)

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Spud, dontya know all red bikes are slooooow......... - Um , what colour is your bike again... ? :-)
    Hell no, they're fast as all fuck, my bike (or to be more precise me on my bike) is just the exception that proves the rule. Now get back on the blower with your lawyer, you've got a protest defence to arrange.

Bike
    Exercycle
    2) I reakon you'll kick my arse to the first turn mate - the clutch on that thing of mine is grabbier than a jandal on sandpaper - has anyone got a fix for that ?. I remember someone up north had a cable clutch fitted to their FZR to replace the hydraulic actuator - did this help with that trait?

GW[/QUOTE]

Yamaha clutches from this period frequently indent the clutch basket faces - nothing a session with a fine file can't fix.

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post

GW
    Yamaha clutches from this period frequently indent the clutch basket faces - nothing a session with a fine file can't fix.[/QUOTE]

Roger that, - didnt notice any during assembly but will double check. Ta

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Smith View Post
    Err,No need,MNZ enforce the rules,NZPCRA cannot!!!

Bike
    GSXR1000K2, 89 GSXR1100K
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Err,No need,MNZ enforce the rules,NZPCRA cannot!!!
    I agree the NZPCRA is not there to enforce the MNZ rules. But if there are questions over a bikes eligiblity the MNZ would ask the NZPCRA to look into it as these bikes are old and sometimes it takes a while to find all the facts, which is also a pain in the butt.
    The last thing a club needs while trying to run a race meeting are protests about bikes most people know very little about.
    It is easier to get it all cleared before racing.
    I have done this myself prior to a race season, so if there was a complaint about my bike I had my own proof and a letter from the NZPCRA.
    I have never been protested against and have never laid a protest.
    But it does happen from time to time.
    How to make a small fortune out of motorcycle racing, start out with a BIG fortune

Bike
    GSXR1000K2, 89 GSXR1100K
    Yamaha clutches from this period frequently indent the clutch basket faces - nothing a session with a fine file can't fix.
    Roger that, - didnt notice any during assembly but will double check. Ta[/QUOTE]

My Gixer has the same problem with its hydraulic clutch. I tried another clutch basket which was in good condition but the problem is still there.

Thread Information