Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Failed WOF raised tons of questions. Add your two cents

Bike
    SF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    If that was the case then if a car failed on bald front tyres but the rears were fine then you could just swap them over in the car park and take it back for a pass.
    It is the case, but specifically with tyres, they have to check that you haven't done just that

Bike
    2nd ZXR250 A
    Quote Originally Posted by SPP View Post
    Can HEL banjos be spun in the crimp (if the lines are twisting)?

I'm looking to get HEL or Speigler if the WoF dude gets pissy to avoid the arse ache.

*sorry macros87 for the hijack*
    All good, I had not even noticed. I also got what I needed out the thread already, I am surprised it kept going quiet so long.

Bike
    2nd ZXR250 A
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    wait a minute, Im sure someone will correct me if i am wrong, But I was under the distinct impression that if you fail a WOF and return for a retest, they are only able to recheck the items that did not pass, and are not allowed to fail you for an item they passed initially, so why the second look over?
    well I was under that impression too... But it let me give them a little back handed comment of `go for it, he didn't know what was legal and what not with brakes, who knows what else he missed`.

I didn't mind so much, I try no to save money on safety, if something needs doing on the bike it gets done. I just don't eat that week. I was fairly confident it should pass no matter what. So my face would have been a great picture moment had it not passed.

Thread Information