Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Auckland 250 ONLY ride

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes

Auckland 250 ONLY ride

ALL RIGHT THEN! HERE IS THE PLAN (edit: PLANNED ROUTE AND MEETING POINT CHANGED)

DATE IS THIS SATURDAY 23rd OF JULY
    PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF MEETING PLACE AND DESTINATION

WE WILL NOW MEET AT SHELL WESTGATE READY TO LEAVE FOR 11PM.

DESTINATIONS WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
    SHELL - MURIWHAI - KAUKAPAKAPA - WARKWORTH - SILVERDALE - EAST COAST ROAD

This is due to the current conditions on Scenic Drive being apparently very very shit and not good for learner riders. As this is a ride for learners/250's/newbies i would prefer that we enjoy our time and as such would rather avoid Scenic Drive purely because of the risk of binning it.

The ride has also been shortened as i have been advised that the previous 400km+ ride is simply too long for inexperienced riders to cope with.

Other more experienced 250 riders are more than welcome to break off and follow the previously planned route if they feel the need too.
    PACE: SLOWish - MEDIUM
    If you have any questions PM me or text me on 0272532246. If you txt me tell me your alias on here or i wont have a clue who you are

will stop for lunch somewhere along the way.

BAD WEATHER ALTERNATE WILL BE SUNDAY THE 24th or postponed til the next weekend.
    I WILL POST AT 9PM WHETHER I INTEND TO GO AHEAD AND DO THE RIDE

HERES THE MAP OF WHERE IT STARTS, SHELL IS JUST EAST OF TITIRANGI SHOPS
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    justsomebike
    I'm in with a big bloody grin

And please lets have more twisties than straights - I'm useless after 130......uh.... more useless than I normally am......
    Last edited by justsomeguy; 14th July 2005 at 01:01.

Bike
    justsomebike
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I'll keep it in 1st to give you a chance , just kidding you can ride dude - dont be so modest.
    Awww..... thanks man..

Still need to work on my lines......hopefully someone can give me some tuition....

Bike
    2020 Honda Rebel 500
    Sadly I won't be gracing you with my assence.

Fuckers!
    /end communication

Bike
    Mid 80s superbike, Mid 00s superbike
    dunno, mebbe, got other stuffI need to spend my dough on
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Ok im coming out of my closet just this one time , I too kinda have a curvy figure which makes it worse beacuse im a guy. Well the waist kinda goes in and the bum pushes out. When I was in college the girls in my year would slap me on the arse and squeeze because apparently it is firm, tight... I wear jeans
    .....if I find this as a signature Ill hunt you down, serious, capice?

Bike
    Sounds like a good idea... I'll be keen, but can only confirm it closer to the date...
    I'm not a complete idiot... some pieces are missing

Quote Originally Posted by DingDong
    "Hi... I rang about the cats you have for sale..."..... "oh... you have children.... how much for the children?"

mucho papoosa bueno no panocha

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    4 zxrs man would that excite me!
    Thats excites me too If we do it I'll bring along a camera (not a digital one) and get shots of us all and stuff

"Hi... I rang about the cats you have for sale..."..... "oh... you have children.... how much for the children?"

Bike
    Honda Hornet 900
    Quote Originally Posted by gareth_d
    Lets just put some ideas forward in the meantime and set a date aiming for next weekend 23/24th july.
    I have to be in Hamilton on Saturday evening, but I should be able to make it for part of the day.
    Remember to never split an infinitive. The passive voice should never be used. Do not put statements in the negative form. Proofread carefully to see if you words out. And don't start a sentence with a conjugation. (William Safire)

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    shall we make it on the saturday then. John you gonna trek down from whangarei? What you mean bout lakes...

I think we could go titirangi - scencic - west to muriwhai - coatesville riverhead - silverdale - east coast road?

Not the best route but we get to include scenic, have some good pic ops at muriwhai then some fun across coatesville and down east coast rd.

As for the thing about lines, next time your out justsomeguy find keystone19, she's on the vtr250 with the givi screen, i normally tag behind her coz she takes really nice lines.
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    2010 Yamaha XT250, 2008 BMW F650 Dakar
    Yeah, but I'm not on a ZXR so I might not keep up with you guys...

Exploring pastures anew...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Keystone19
    Yeah, but I'm not on a ZXR so I might not keep up with you guys...

If they hold it on a Saturday, I might not be able to go (work ), but if I can I'll ride with you Keystone19, don't mind not hooning it The route that they're described is a busy section and more than likely will be a few coppers waiting to full thier quotas... by the time we go past the boys will have fulled the cops nice and plenty heheheh

Bike
    justsomebike
    shall we make it on the saturday then. John you gonna trek down from whangarei? What you mean bout lakes...

I think we could go titirangi - scencic - west to muriwhai - coatesville riverhead - silverdale - east coast road?

Not the best route but we get to include scenic, have some good pic ops at muriwhai then some fun across coatesville and down east coast rd.

As for the thing about lines, next time your out justsomeguy find keystone19, she's on the vtr250 with the givi screen, i normally tag behind her coz she takes really nice lines.
    Yeah - will try to stay behind Jill - But not on scenic drive I wont

And the name is Scenic Drive - please respectfully refer to it with its full name Scenic Drive

.........awwww cheenic dwive - you know I love you---oooohh yes I doo--- aren't you a cutesy wootsy little road --yes you are--yes you are

Bike
    justsomebike
    Hey Gareth - this is the 23rd of July yeah???

Could you please update the first post with big letters and stuff.......

and could you also please add it to the calendar section.

And could we please return via scenic drive too?????? PLEEEEAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEE

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy
    .........awwww cheenic dwive - you know I love you---oooohh yes I doo--- aren't you a cutesy wootsy little road --yes you are--yes you are
    lol you need to find a few more roads to ride on...

*never been on "cheenic dwive" before*

Bike
    justsomebike
    Quote Originally Posted by placidfemme
    lol you need to find a few more roads to ride on...

*never been on "cheenic dwive" before*
    Well it's the only road within half an hour of my house that I can manage to do a quick after work blat on.

I've been going there about once or twice a week for the past 5 years - Mostly in my car and for the past 5 months on my bike.

Don't smoke or drink - I find one lap of cheenic dwive cures any stress I have - especially at night - when it's pitch black - so peaceful and there's no cages

However I'm still wayyyyy faster in a car..... so I ain't that great....

Thread Information