Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing a new tank?

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Quote Originally Posted by Beak View Post
    That's some crazy fuel efficiency there then... I live right next to an entrance to the motorway, so I'm accelerating often and riding fast very often, and I imagine her 1200 Harley doesn't sit on 8k rpm when cruising at 100km/h, so that might have something to do with it...

I don't think I've actually redlined my bike once yet That being said, if I'm accelerating it's always between 10k and 14k rpm...

Back on topic, does anyone know any decent sites to get OEM parts (the Suzuki sites tend to completely forget they even MADE a 250cc gixxer... ) or decent after-market parts like a new tank?
    rpm aside, youre comparing a bike with 5x the displacement. Id look at doing an oil and filter change, new plugs and a new air filter and see if that improves your economy. you might be surprised.

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by Beak View Post
    That's some crazy fuel efficiency there then... I live right next to an entrance to the motorway, so I'm accelerating often and riding fast very often, and I imagine her 1200 Harley doesn't sit on 8k rpm when cruising at 100km/h, so that might have something to do with it...

I don't think I've actually redlined my bike once yet That being said, if I'm accelerating it's always between 10k and 14k rpm...

Back on topic, does anyone know any decent sites to get OEM parts (the Suzuki sites tend to completely forget they even MADE a 250cc gixxer... ) or decent after-market parts like a new tank?
    You will need to see what other tanks will fit your bike, I.E an 89 CBR tank thats a 15L might fit, etc etc, but an after market tank for it will be probably impossible

Bike
    '89 Suzuki GSX-R250R
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
    You will need to see what other tanks will fit your bike, I.E an 89 CBR tank thats a 15L might fit, etc etc, but an after market tank for it will be probably impossible
    Well it's worth a look anyway, I'm not gonna be doing any mods anytime soon but it's good research.

Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    rpm aside, youre comparing a bike with 5x the displacement. Id look at doing an oil and filter change, new plugs and a new air filter and see if that improves your economy. you might be surprised.
    True. When I have money (hah) I'll give it a complete tune up and sort all of that out...

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    You could try the 600's tank im sure there is a Suzuki GSX forum

cheapest option is to buy a 5L jerry can and tie it to your bike. about $20.

If you want a new tank that will cost $500+, most likely will have to be custom made.

Painting it will cost a bit as well, $100 - 300

Or you could try modifying a tank from a different bike to fit. Not sure if this will work in reality, but it might?
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Thread Information