Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EngMod2T Q&A

Bike
    2006, KTM, 250 SX
    Quote Originally Posted by ief View Post
    Such a good idea this thread and so little follow up...

I find it pretty hard as well but it's realy a great (and fun) tool, to bad about the only one I know of that knows what he is doing with it is Wob and well, Neels himself

I am playing with tuning the inlet myself now and found the opposite of what Wob was saying, thus, making it longer moves the wave to the right And then there is that making the inlet longer makes the wave less strong...

Thing I thought about was, there is only one sort of slide carb but was led to believe a flatslide performs differently from a round slide, that's not an issue?

Long story short, it will take quit some time for me to grasp this al a bit but that's part of the goal and fun.

On to modeling a carb correctly...

cheers!
    Probably because a seemingly simple question could take a lot of effort to answer..
    Personally, I'm reluctant to answer something I'm not very sure of, but after a few more Czech beers you might get some really "interesting" answers
    (Back to the beers and garage to prepare for competition on Saturday)

Bike
    Maico Bimota 250
    Neels. I've just found this thread but I see it is not too active. Any chance you can send a request to join this thread to all your purchasers ? Do you know of any other engmod forums? Its a great tool but real live experiance is required to get the best out of it.

Cheers Wallace
    ........Rules are for fools and a guide for the wise ..............

http://www.marshland.co.nz

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    Wallace,

I only found it about a year ago and are thinking along the same lines as you,to send a link to all the licensed users of EngMod2T.

Cheers
    Neels

Bike
    rd 350 ypvs 1985
    Now we're getting somewhere

Today It seems I holed a piston in engmod, didn't want to write results. Haven't been able to figure out what's going on.

Worked fine before on the same file. Tried reinstalling engmod, save the project under a new name. Went over the project over and over to see if something wierd was going on, see nothing.

Latest it seemed to be doing it only on turbulent mode but not sure.

Just shows a blank screen at the end of the run and gives a 'not responding' message.

And my previous question still stands about the dip after running with newly written cbd file after turb run. Is that a fault or what is it?
    O no, red pilled...

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    Ief,

The moment EngMod2T hangs (holed a piston?) please pack the project and send me the pack file with a brief description to explain what happens.

The turbulent model is not an analytical model but a statistical model combined with some physics so it will not work for all engines in all cases (as it says in the help files) but as more engines are modeled with it and more results become available it improves. Problem is improving it breaks it for some cases. Sometimes hand editing of the file created by Post2T is required.

Vannik

Bike
    yzf 250
    Neels

After the upgrade having big detonation !!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	upgrade.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	334201  

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    I have no idea what you are simulating or what you used before. Were you getting the same max unburnt air temperatures without detonation or has the max unburnt air temperatures increased?

Bike
    variety
    neels is there any plans to add nitromethane as another fuel ?

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    neels is there any plans to add nitromethane as another fuel ?
    It is there - choose methanol as base fuel with the right nitro ratio - have used up to 94% on 4T simulations. Make sure you are much richer than stochiometric.

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Vannik View Post
    Wallace,

I only found it about a year ago and are thinking along the same lines as you,to send a link to all the licensed users of EngMod2T.

Cheers
    Neels
    I'd be keen!
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    This bike had its engine designed by Wobbly using EngMod2T.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Land Speed Record.pdf 
Views:	178 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	335486

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    I posted small error fixes today, contact me please if you are a license holder and did not get the notification.

Bike
    RZ350, TZR250 3XV, TZR250 3MA, TZR125

lower TUbMax

Hi Neels,
    I have tested the new version with my 3XV project and it ran well. Only noticeable change was a slightly lower TUbMax and going along with that a little less max power and little better over rev. Is it because I didn't changed the pipe temp to the pipe temps at different length positions?
    wbr
    Juergen

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    Juergen,

Was that with prescribed or turbulent combustion? With both there were small error fixes in correcting mass preservation issues.

Neels

Bike
    RZ350, TZR250 3XV, TZR250 3MA, TZR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Vannik View Post
    Juergen,

Was that with prescribed or turbulent combustion? With both there were small error fixes in correcting mass preservation issues.

Neels
    Neels, that was with the turbulent combustion... I must admit that I didn't changed the pipe temp setup from the former vector (pipe temp depending "only" from rpm) to the newer matrix setup (pipe temp. depending from position and rpm)...

Thread Information