Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevlar jeans

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    All you cunts are pussies. Just ride in normal jeans, and don't fall off.
    if I used an expletive to describe you, then I can accept being refered to as a C**T, I dont. So I would appreciate you showing similar respect, thank you.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    I would appreciate you showing similar respect
    There are forums upon the interwebs which do not grant their members the right to call each other cunts.

This, however, has never been one of them. (Seriously, do you think that Baby Jesus is going to cry if you actually spell the word out with your keyboard, or something?)

Rejoice in your freedom to speak here as you see fit, GrayWolf. Being called a cunt occasionally is a small price to pay for it. In any case, I was using the word in its more general, comprehensive and affectionate sense. You don't need to take it as an insult.

And, yes, riding without 15 kilograms of gear wrapped around you is very pleasant. Just head out in jeans, T-shirt, gloves and helmet some time. It's liberating.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    if I used an expletive to describe you, then I can accept being refered to as a C**T, I dont. So I would appreciate you showing similar respect, thank you.

Respect from Jrandom? fuck all chance of that happening he's to big a cunt
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Respect from Jrandom? fuck all chance of that happening he's to big a cunt
    Refer signature line.
    - mikey

Bike
    TF125
    You only get too hot in leather & cordura gear when you're stationary or going veeerrrryyyy slow. The answer: stop hanging around Cafe's drinking Latte's all day & driving past shop front windows checking out your relection. Leather is very comfortable at 104km/hr, even in summer heat.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    All you cunts are pussies. .
    ....which doesn't mean all pussies are cunts...or does it...

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    You do what you can, but often it doesn't work. Comfort is vastly more important than protection. If you aren't comfortable, you aren't performing at your best.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    You only get too hot in leather & cordura gear when you're stationary or going veeerrrryyyy slow. The answer: stop hanging around Cafe's drinking Latte's all day & driving past shop front windows checking out your relection. Leather is very comfortable at 104km/hr, even in summer heat.
    It's not a matter of being too hot. It's the freedom of movement and the feeling of the wind whipping through you that bundling up in gear takes away. You can only do it over two or three months in summer because you'll generally freeze if you try it the rest of the year.

Personally, I like to take advantage of the opportunity.

And fuck being in leather pants and whatnot when you're stopped and off the bike. A leather jacket's OK. Pants, not so much. Even Draggin jeans get pretty hot.

I'm also against clomping around in race boots every time I go somewhere on a motorbike. Nice soft well-worn work boots ftw.

Hot sunny day, work boots, nice light jeans, T-shirt, well-binned leather jacket and the disapproving stares of all the Cordura-covered Teletubbies squeaking awkwardly around gas station forecourts: priceless.

Edit: I should note that one-pieces, when cut well for the wearer, are pretty comfortable. But they do pretty much say "look at meeeeee, I plan on riding this day in a manner that may well lead to a bin".
    - mikey

Bike
    BSA A10
    I'm also against clomping around in race boots every time I go somewhere on a motorbike. Nice soft well-worn work boots ftw.
    TCX Xcube http://www.tcxboots.com/eng/prodotti...=1&prodotto=22
    Better than clomping around in race boots, I spent a full day walking around Welly in them and comfort level was good
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS

they do pretty much say "look at meeeeee, I plan on riding this day in a manner that may well lead to a bin".
    You do

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    Better than clomping around in race boots, I spent a full day walking around Welly in them and comfort level was good
    Damn, you got the new Air Jordans on the block nigga!!!
    No body move... I dropped my brain

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I've got a pair of these which are comfy and waterproof.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ess-Boots.aspx

Mine are Diadora branded.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    None any more
    Having been a loyal and devoted fan of Draggins for some years, I'm now a convert to Rhinos. New Zealand designed, optional armour, and nifty features, like the zipped leg ends to stop cuff flutter and riding up in a slide. They're also quite a bit cheaper than Draggins.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Having been a loyal and devoted fan of Draggins for some years, I'm now a convert to Rhinos. New Zealand designed, optional armour, and nifty features, like the zipped leg ends to stop cuff flutter and riding up in a slide. They're also quite a bit cheaper than Draggins.
    Have you found much difference in the build quality between the Draggins and Rhinos? Do the Draggins have thicker kevlar, or move Kevlar coverage? And do you know if the optional armour is cheap and easily available? Is the optional armour just for the knees or the ass and thighs as well?

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    Have you found much difference in the build quality between the Draggins and Rhinos? Do the Draggins have thicker kevlar, or move Kevlar coverage? And do you know if the optional armour is cheap and easily available? Is the optional armour just for the knees or the ass and thighs as well?
    Since Santa stuffed them into my stocking, the Rhinos have only had a few rides. The build quality appears good. Rhino also claim flame protection. There's more kevlar in the Rhinos than in Draggins. Kevlar offers abrasion protection, so the thickness of it is largely irrelevant. The armour comes with the Rhinos -- knee and hip protection, for what it's worth. "Optional" means whether one decides to fit it to the trousers or not. The last place anybody would want armour is on one's arse or thighs. Anybody who thinks that they need that much should buy a car.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Thread Information