Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Kevlar jeans

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    You get what you pay for. My Clover T2 has a Knox backprotector in it.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    SF
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    I dont understand why they dont make a better back protector that goes into the jackets. Unless of course they do and Ive just not seen them.
    CE EN1621-2:2003 Level 2 protection for a jacket insert.

http://www.forcefieldbodyarmour.com/...k-inserts/2361

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forcefield-lite-1-Back-Protector-insert.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	254493

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian407 View Post
    *takes a bow*

Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    What's the bet that Brain will be back by the end of the day?
    There's a two week enforced stand-down on your account if you start a 'goodbye KB' thread. I don't think the rule applies if you just post it as a post, though. Unfortunately.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Speed Triple 1050, '89 Spada
    Fuck that, I'm out.
    http://youtu.be/LMFqh_tiHoQ?t=4m13s
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMaster
    I had a strange dream myself. You know that game some folk play on the streets where they toss coins at the wall and what not? In my dream they were tossing my semi hardened stool at the wall. I shit you not.

Bike
    None any more
    Your shitting me.... DELIBERATELY ALTERING SOMEONE ELSES QUOTE TO THE POINT OF IT BEING COMPLETELY UNTRUE, OR REPLACING IT WITH LIES, OR POSTING AS ANOTHER PERSON IS ALLOWED. How fucked is that. No wonder this forum cant gain any fucken credibility anywhere. Fuck that, I'm out.
    You haven't read the site's rules yet, have you? If you had you would know that I'm not shitting you.

The only people who can change an original post are the original poster or a Moderator. How people choose to respond to a post is entirely up to them, as long as it's in accordance with the site's rules. People who follow threads are generally smart enough to figure out what's going on and who actually said what.

This forum is judged by the qualities individual members contribute. Most people are generally savvy enough to spot a dickhead and will discount their contributions accordingly.

By the way, it's a breach of the site's rules to type with the caps lock key on. I'll forgive you this once.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    By the way, it's a breach of the site's rules to type with the caps lock key on. I'll forgive you this once.
    There's a tenner in it for you if you infract his arse

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    The standard for a class 1 back protector limits the impact force into the back to 16,000N.
    I haven't got my physics text book handy, but what force is generated by a 100kg rider hitting the Earth at terminal velocity? Rough guess, less than 16,000N. Is a back protector going to save a person from such an impact? Erm, hardly.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Oh, no. Who will lead us to salvation now?
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    RSV
    *snip*...here Brian, hold my hand while I walk you through this and explain things really slowly and carefully...*snip*

Forget site rules Dawg, it's just literary decency.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

Thumbs up

+ 1 to that nosebleed, nicely put an all.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Speed Triple 1050, '89 Spada
    I haven't got my physics text book handy, but what force is generated by a 100kg rider hitting the Earth at terminal velocity? Rough guess, less than 16,000N. Is a back protector going to save a person from such an impact? Erm, hardly.
    It may save your back, but your organs will turn into mashed potato.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMaster
    I had a strange dream myself. You know that game some folk play on the streets where they toss coins at the wall and what not? In my dream they were tossing my semi hardened stool at the wall. I shit you not.

Bike
    2001, Honda FTR223

Kevlar

Where are some good places to get affordable, breathable kevlar jeans/shirts? new to biking bought my current gear just before winter. now its getting too hot to drive and its only spring.
    Been looking at Hellrider gear.
    https://www.hellrideapparel.com/shop...=0&sort=normal

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchminion View Post
    Where are some good places to get affordable, breathable kevlar jeans/shirts? new to biking bought my current gear just before winter. now its getting too hot to drive and its only spring.
    Been looking at Hellrider gear.
    https://www.hellrideapparel.com/shop...=0&sort=normal
    I'd try amazon first, clothing isn't expensive to ship. Then I'd have a look at motomail.co.nz

Bike
    2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio 8V
    I don't know if they are available in NZ, but I have been using the Bull-It Covec jeans for some time now. Four trips across Australia not having to use waterproof leggings. Been through some good showers and came out without a wet bum. Even some torrential rain didn't see me getting more than a little damp in the behind. They keep out the cold in winter and heat in summer. Sitting at traffic lights in summer doesn't see me having red hot legs while waiting. Can't speak more highly of them. I'm going to get another pair as mine are getting faded now,but still doing the job.

https://www.bull-it.com/mens.html
    Marty

Ever notice that anyone slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?

Thread Information