Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fecking markups

Bike
    another pointless rant.

Buy some real brake discs and not the cheapest rubbish you can find. But on the bright side the Metal Gear Disc's come with Free pads, which RRP at approx $27. So brings your disc value under $400 in comparison. Regardless of what the pricing is, on average most bike shops know the quality of those, so they will normally dicount them for you anyway (got to love the old addage... you get what you pay for), despite the margin being super small.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some pieces are missing

Quote Originally Posted by DingDong
    "Hi... I rang about the cats you have for sale..."..... "oh... you have children.... how much for the children?"

mucho papoosa bueno no panocha

Bike
    Nada

Blah

Quote Originally Posted by placidfemme View Post
    another pointless rant.

Buy some real brake discs and not the cheapest rubbish you can find. But on the bright side the Metal Gear Disc's come with Free pads, which RRP at approx $27. So brings your disc value under $400 in comparison. Regardless of what the pricing is, on average most bike shops know the quality of those, so they will normally dicount them for you anyway (got to love the old addage... you get what you pay for), despite the margin being super small.
    Bullshit....m'bike shops are rip off cunts that make $$$$$$$$$$$ hand over fist, live in flash houses, oh and they own all of their bikes too!
    Wankers...without exception!

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edbear View Post
    As an importer,<>Hope a bit of insight to the importing business helps.
    Agreed. I support local buying when I can and if I can pay and receive what I need in NZ with personal service and after-sales follow-up if needed, this is preferable.

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    Agreed. I support local buying when I can and if I can pay and receive what I need in NZ with personal service and after-sales follow-up if needed, this is preferable.
    Yup, imagine if you were to import a battery yourself and it went wrong, or it wasn't the correct model for your bike? I can't help you but to sell you the correct or good one outright. I can't warranty yours or trade it in even though I'm the NZ agent.

You'd have to send it back to the place you bought it from.
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post
    Bullshit....m'bike shops are rip off cunts that make $$$$$$$$$$$ hand over fist, live in flash houses, oh and they own all of their bikes too!
    Wankers...without exception!
    Good old KB aye!
    I'm not a complete idiot... some pieces are missing

Quote Originally Posted by DingDong
    "Hi... I rang about the cats you have for sale..."..... "oh... you have children.... how much for the children?"

mucho papoosa bueno no panocha

Bike
    Bikes!
    Yup, imagine if you were to import a battery yourself and it went wrong, or it wasn't the correct model for your bike? I can't help you but to sell you the correct or good one outright. I can't warranty yours or trade it in even though I'm the NZ agent.

You'd have to send it back to the place you bought it from.
    I would indeed. But having said that, I could afford to send it back twice before I paid what it would cost from you.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    I would indeed. But having said that, I could afford to send it back twice before I paid what it would cost from you.
    Could you give an example?

Bike
    Bikes!
    LFX14A1-BS12, NZD$253, presumably free delivery, your site isn't very user friendly.

That cost me NZD$165 delivered from CA.

NZPost International Air is $24.10, times two, which comes to $48.20. (assumes a weight of 830gm, dimensions of 15cm x 15cm x 15cm)

So in reality I could send it back 3 times. I expect I could get a sharper price than NZD$165 delivered if I leant on them a little, perhaps not.

Being Americans, they'll happily send the replacement before I send the other one back. I have to say that the English are also usually that trusting as well.

I don't expect I would have to send it anywhere though, they do their best to make sure it's the right battery for the bike.

At that sort of difference, to me it's a toss up. Some people are more sensitive to pricing though. The deciding factor for me is generally whether I need other components also.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Convert it to NZ Sheckels AUS170 = NZ$224

Take off AUS GST = $NZ201

Add Freight AUS$30 = NZ$39 Total = NZ$263

Add GST NZ$40 Total = NZ$303

(there may be a middle man here in which case add more GST and freight)

No middleman as MG directly linked their NZ agent

Add markup - which believe me, will be fuck all compared to what you think it is 30%= NZ$91 Total = NZ$394

Yes, the NZ agent is ripping off the customer to the tune of $8.

Now, is it any wonder why so many of us buy direct from overseas?
    Actually you have to add GST in there twice.

1) gst paid to customs on the total cost of importing the item, ie Aus cost plus shipping.

2) gst on the retail price of the item to be collected and paid to IRD.

Bike
    LFX14A1-BS12, NZD$253, presumably free delivery, your site isn't very user friendly.

NZPost International Air is $24.10, times two, which comes to $48.20. (assumes a weight of 830gm, dimensions of 15cm x 15cm x 15cm)

So in reality I could send it back 3 times. I expect I could get a sharper price than NZD$165 delivered if I leant on them a little, perhaps not.

Being Americans, they'll happily send the replacement before I send the other one back. I have to say that the English are also usually that trusting as well.

I don't expect I would have to send it anywhere though, they do their best to make sure it's the right battery for the bike.

At that sort of difference, to me it's a toss up. Some people are more sensitive to pricing though. The deciding factor for me is generally whether I need other components also.
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Actually you have to add GST in there twice.

1) gst paid to customs on the total cost of importing the item, ie Aus cost plus shipping.

2) gst on the retail price of the item to be collected and paid to IRD.
    $165.00NZD delivered? Are you sure? US RRP is $USD153.95, so = NZD $210.00 +GST which I have to pay upon landing in NZ, so NZD $241.50 plus freight, say I can get it for your $24.00, so all up it's $265.50NZD. My price on the site? $253.95. How on earth am I reaping unjust profits?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    There is a guy selling disc in Waihi. He lists them on trademe. Give him a bell. Last time I saw his prices they were around half that.
    they're home made and I wouldn't trust them. I asked a couple of technical questions re materials he used and he wouldn't reply, nor to mates with same queries.
    Dont be fooled by good feedback, that's done in the first few days since purchase not after a bit of usuage.
    If he can't divulge the materials he's got NO credibility

Bike

...SNIP...also.
    Sorry about my website, I'm still refining it and if anyone has suggestions I'd be happy to hear them. Naturally I mean constructive suggestions...

Bike
    TF125
    ...I mean constructive suggestions...
    Sex sells.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ShoCalDec2010-1000.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	265.3 KB 
ID:	251837  

Bike
    Its yellow. Sometimes a green one
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzmikey View Post
    Ok so I have have jumped up & down a little bit when I say massive , but I would think that the NZ agent would not be paying $170per disc I am figuring that there would be a "cost" price lower than that , Why would the NZ agent pay Aust Retail ? ..... Remember .... Retail , Trade , Cost .........
    The NZ importer will pay about the same as an Aust dealer for the part... its volume based. lets face facts... there are more motorcyclists in Melbourne than the whole of NZ. so the melbourne dealers prob buy more disks than all NZ put together. Its only fair that the Aussies can buy them cheaper.
    Here is a classic example. A particular spark plug RETAILS for $9.90 in USA but the same plug retails here for OVER $60... but wait... it only fits 1 model of a particular brand of dirt bike and they wern't sold in huge numbers here (like 20 in total). The minimum order quantity for that particular brand of plug is 200 units... so here is the hard choice... do we order in the 200 and spend the rest of our days sitting on the stock which to be fair has to cover its own expences) or do we buy from the Aust importer (we cant buy it from USA as our suppliers trading rules prevent this) in smaller quantitys but have to pay a lot more? Either way we are screwed as their min order quantity is 100 units. At least we stock it... imagine the uproar if your dealer had to get a plug from USA every time you wanted 1.....
    silly little country we live in.... but hey if you want to move to Aust or USA just to save a few dollars you have totally missed the point of living in NZ..

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Quote Originally Posted by nzmikey View Post
    Ok so can someone EXPLAIN to me how & why this happens .
    So I am looking for a new Front Brake Disc for my CB250F Hornet ( simple right ? )

Tales of woe omitted
    Yeah, it sucks. but frankly, I dont see it ever changing. I meeded a new clutch for my bike. best price i could find in NZ was around $480 or so if I remember correctly. I bought my clutch fibres, steels, gasket, and springs for $270 NZD landed to my door. I dont like the idea of sending my dollars overseas, but when I can get it this much cheaper, why the fuck wouldnt I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    the one on the left looks like she has a mouth full of semen.
    or really big teeth.

Thread Information