Thread: Couple of thanks re brake pads

Bike
    07 GIXXER 75OOOHHHH

Couple of thanks re brake pads

First to good old Cycletreads,was thinking of getting new pads all round,spied a set off shore at http://www.d2moto.com/p-14363-2006-2...rake-pads.aspx as very good price,but also wary of getting what ya pays for,so looked online at trademe and got complete set for $129 delivered for sintered,they had no rear in stock so took another day or so to arrive,ordered Monday late morning delivered Thursday.

Next part was good bastard MSTRS let me supervise him in operation,a vision in perfection,rears on in 10 mins,the left front next and almost as fast,then stuff me,the right disc was left to do,bottom bolt undone,top bolt frig,some dork had over tightened it,no way was it budging,off to bike shop,larger bar used,then another,finally rattle gun and even heat gun on bolt,no avail.I went away for weekend and an idea or three hatched to remove the bastard bolt,as head by now was severely burred due to air gun,today short of welding socket onto bolt or another nut onto the bolt,used cold chisel(great aussie band too)and voila it moved,so new pads installed and bolt not over torqued like the last idiot did,and one happy chappy.

My sincere thanks to John for his help,especially as my body wouldn't allow me to bend down let alone attempt to do the job,as stomach has several holes from bloody surgeon from Friday.

Just goes to reitterate what many riders know,bikers are good bastards and MSTRS and co are friggin awesome,many thanks John.
    Hello officer put it on my tab

Don't steal the government hates competition.

Bike
    Repsol CBR250RR Trackbike
    Blog Entries
    Good stuff buddy, now get out on the road!!!
    1990 CBR250RR - fully rebuilt and awesome!
    1999 CBR900RR - a work in progress...

Thread Information