Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Took a punt on an Ebay carbon guard. $128 brand new

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Excellent, thanks mate, just bought a new clear screen off him for my bike for US$24.99 with free shipping. Can't beat that!
    Its ridiculous how cheap this stuff is eh,that and free shippingYou wouldnt be able to buy a second hand screen in good nick for that here.Just wish he sold huggers for the TL,this guards going to make my one look shite.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    MV Agusta
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    About 8 years ago a bloke on the TL site had 30 made for members,another made the pressure plate,anodized retainers etc,ive an up dated pressure plate i havent got round to fitting.Its more common these days to just cut a hole in the oem clutch cover and fasten a window in there.Its bullshit really but something different eh.
    Maybe I live under a rock, 'cause I've never seen it before. Reminds me of the Ducati dry clutch with the slotted cover.

I quite like it, might have a look at doing something like that one day

I think I have an illness......

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Its ridiculous how cheap this stuff is eh,that and free shippingYou wouldnt be able to buy a second hand screen in good nick for that here.Just wish he sold huggers for the TL,this guards going to make my one look shite.
    Love ebay. Now just picked up a yellow headlight protector for US$26 inc shipping.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit250 View Post
    Maybe I live under a rock, 'cause I've never seen it before. Reminds me of the Ducati dry clutch with the slotted cover.

I quite like it, might have a look at doing something like that one day

I think I have an illness......
    Mate you have an MVNothing ill about that.Yea a bit dry clutch reminder eh,had a few of those but unless it was an early SS or similar wouldnt have another.Had the old TLS for many years (still love it) and rather than carry on buying newer bikes i just decided many years ago to keep it and throw ridiculous amounts of coin at it,its a bit different and thats good.Would only consider selling it to buy either an old Bevel drive or if i stumbled across a mint 850 Commando.

Bike
    97 TL1000S, 2007 DL1000
    Les has a thread on the tlplanet re old bikes funny you should say that Mike but theres a brand new 1975 with 0 miles 850 commando for sale in the states was still in its packing crate .

Bike
    1999 Suzuki TL1000sx
    Looks awesome for the price mike!
    Cant wait to see it finished, I'm guessing you'll have no probs putting the CZ's on that front end with Sam's spacers?
    I'll be getting some forks while in Oz but want to keep the OEM front rim setup and Van's top triple. Just gotta pick the right year front end.
    I finally found Kendall Berg's website , Man I'm glad I found a new job to support this stinking obsession!
    Please let me know how you get on with the 1080, I'll be getting the 1188 stage 3 kit when I finally move back home and I'll probably ask a few questions if thats o.k.
    Also, if you want the dimensions for a gap mod tray, I have the layout from the one I made.
    It could be shaped better to completely close any gaps under the hump, but it's a perfect fit as is. And easy!

Cheers

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-V2 View Post
    Looks awesome for the price mike!
    Cant wait to see it finished, I'm guessing you'll have no probs putting the CZ's on that front end with Sam's spacers?
    I'll be getting some forks while in Oz but want to keep the OEM front rim setup and Van's top triple. Just gotta pick the right year front end.
    I finally found Kendall Berg's website , Man I'm glad I found a new job to support this stinking obsession!
    Please let me know how you get on with the 1080, I'll be getting the 1188 stage 3 kit when I finally move back home and I'll probably ask a few questions if thats o.k.
    Also, if you want the dimensions for a gap mod tray, I have the layout from the one I made.
    It could be shaped better to completely close any gaps under the hump, but it's a perfect fit as is. And easy!

Cheers
    All good mate,i long ago considered the gap tray thing but it didnt work with what ive planned so gave it away.The 1080 bits are going into the "other" S motor i have which will end up replacing the current lump so ask away.The last bits i needed for the forks turned up today from Sam so am fitting them this weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	benji 026 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	251781  

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by wilber View Post
    Les has a thread on the tlplanet re old bikes funny you should say that Mike but theres a brand new 1975 with 0 miles 850 commando for sale in the states was still in its packing crate .
    What a find eh,someone will get a treasure.Lucky bugger.

Thread Information