Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTO-NZ finally come up with something for all our money

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries

MOTO-NZ finally come up with something for all our money

Bloody yippee. After 18 months of work, and about $3 million of money stolen off motorcyclists, MSAC finally come up with something. And, most likely, it's going to be a paid study into why high-visibility vests should be compulsory for motorcyclists:

Title Advance notice: Services to Investigate and Report on Options to Improve Motorcyclist Visibility
    Notice of Information
    Your Reference Number
    General Information The Motorcycle Safety Advisory Council (MSAC) (also known as MOTO NZ) oversees the operation of the programme of initiatives funded by the Motorcycle Safety Levy.

MSAC’s role is to identify initiatives to improve on-road motorcycling safety that generate a positive response from all road users and relevant authorities.

The MSAC wishes to notify potentially interested respondents that it will shortly release a Request for Proposal (RFP) to identify a suitably experienced supplier to undertake a project to investigate and report on options for improving motorcyclist visibility and conspicuity.

The services will be undertaken in a staged manner and may include:

• a literature review of likely effective interventions;
    • validating (road testing) selected interventions for the New Zealand context (if required); and
    • developing a business case for funding priority interventions.

The Services will be more particularly described in an RFP document which will be issued on GETS in early December. The due date for responses will be specified in the RFP and is likely to be late February 2012.

No response to this Advance Notice is required – the Respond by Date is a mandatory field required by GETS.
    Respond by Date
    Address Enquiries to
    Note: No response to this Notice is required. The ‘Respond by date’ below is a mandatory field in the GETS template.

Phil Wright
    Secretariat MOTO NZ
    PO Box 242
    Thorndon
    Wellington

Email: phil.wright@acc.co.nz

I apologise to everyone I told I thought it would make a difference.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Speaking of late... Nice re-post

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Bit slow, old fella...have sent you an email you might find interesting
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Sorry man - been head down bottom up on a large project of late and not been following the motonz thing.

Interesting stuff your email.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    I'm not following them either. But your first post was put up by someone else a few days ago and I just had to speak up through their website.
    Didn't actually expect a reply or dialogue
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    I'm still have about a 5% hope that they will review it, and decide that nothing needs to be mandatory, but that we need to be aware of the options and their effects, and maybe get a few more lighting options legalised. Perhaps not wise use of the MSL, but steps in the right direction with wrongfully obtained money, is still better than steps in the wrong direction with wrongfully obtained money I guess.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    '74 MV Augusta I wish
    Blog Entries
    of course a Hi Viz vest is a great place to put a slogan.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Not a bad idea.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vest2.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	244.3 KB 
ID:	251579

Our money. Our priorities.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    What may be worth investigating is,,, the information that was around when the UK Police started to use 'day lights' (diffused rather than a beam) in the UK in the early 1980's on their BMW boxer twins.....
    could be a viable suggestion to put forwards as a 'reposte' to hi vis vests?
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    They had a brilliant demonstration of the benefits of day lighting etc from the national Hella reps.
    Yet still they head down the hi-viz road.....

The problem with this group is they are all too scared to speak the truth or try get the shit data corrected.
    Shit in = shit out.

The last meeting I attended before I was sacked for demanding they redo the numbers and posting openly on Kiwibiker about the numbers as crunched by Charley Lamb, the subject of hi viz vests was discussed.
    I told them any move to make it compulsory would result in very negative feedback. I got glared at by the grey heads, and ignored by Morgan and the ACC officials. It was writing on the wall by then. I had been pro actively left out of the loop long before that meeting.........

You want to know what the biggest waste of your money is though?
    That fucking green line project.

Worst singular waste of cash in one day:
    The Coro Loop project event at Thames. Thousands went on catering for 300 bikers.... 5 or 6 came on the day
    6 days publicity - and held on a weekend with a large rally on (Cold Duck)
    Fucking incredible

One day I should out the bastards with the reason I chose to walk back to the hotel after the dinner we had that night............... something to do with someones driving.
    Just ride.

Bike
    Honda CBR250RR (L)
    Good grief. I laugh to scorn the idea of making hi-vis compulsory. That such a debate even exists is evident of a titanic disconnect between ordinary riders and the nannying, hand wringing, professional busy bodies that fit well with the whole dumbing-down, kid glove, we-can-run-your-life-better-than-you slant society is taking on.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Not a bad idea.

Name:	vest2.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	244.3 KB 
ID:	251579

Our money. Our priorities.
    hahaha, copyright that shit cos if high vis gets made compulsory, those would sell pretty well I think.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    hahaha, copyright that shit cos if high vis gets made compulsory, those would sell pretty well I think.
    I see their website has changed as well.

Name:	vis.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	291.0 KB 
ID:	251805

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    I see their website has changed as well.

Name:	vis.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	291.0 KB 
ID:	251805
    Ha Photoshop or what?
    Nice work

I was sacked the day before that photoshoot - good timing!
    Just ride.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Nice high-viz vests people.

Thread Information