Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ke125

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    so you are as always right after MV they stopped racing they didn't win much.
    so the argument goes if it dosn't race anymore it's still the best ? even if it did come out of retirement and show how much faster everything has got !
    I'm still waiting for an example of a KE engine doing better than the CURRENT gp's

OR more to the point having a poke at RMS for saying how much better his bike use to be than mine even thow he stoped racing before I started
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    so the argument goes if it doesn't race anymore it's still the best ? even if it did come out or retirement and show how much faster everything has got !
    and i dont remember to many 29h/p bike at the gp last year (or that it was dry)
    Not that it matters but while MV were winning which was pretty much most of the classes between1950-1970 yes, years ago. MV rarely had the most Hp esp in latter years up to 76 . They were the best combination of handling and brakes preparation reliability plus riders is often overlooked.
    It was not all about HP as Honda and Hailwood learned. Yamaha really only came good in the major classes when their chassis design improved to match there engine.
    Thanks to Cal Caruthers and more importantly Rob North. Remember when Spencer beat Roberts with the 3 it had a lot less hp at least 20-30 but it was a better handler.

The fact that they (MV) pulled out of racing does not diminish the fact they are still far more successful than Yamaha is even now. It is a silly person who ignores history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Because its not an RG/KE hybrid, thats sooo 90's. Single exhaust port
    Really, are you sure about that???

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Really, are you sure about that???
    Yep quite sure. Theres just not enough meat around the exhaust port to add auxillaries

Bike
    Yo momma
    Yep quite sure. Theres just not enough meat around the exhaust port to add auxillaries
    What about milling away the water jacket, filling in the necessary area with weld, replaceing the water jacket and hey presto, more meat.
    Hypothetically speaking of course...

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Damn buckets4me its starting to sound like an us against them and Ive become one of them. What did I do? what did I do? Please let me back on the dyno we could put a GP badge on the KE, no one needs to know, no one needs to know

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    What about milling away the water jacket, filling in the necessary area with weld, replaceing the water jacket and hey presto, more meat.
    Hypothetically speaking of course...
    Hypothetically speaking I was measuring up your motor just a couple of months ago, no auxiliaries. I have a picture somewhere.
    The RG exhaust port casting is painfully small. Figured the sleeve might let go trying to weld in the amount of material required to fit auxiliares, but then as ali welding is your thing I guess it could be possible. Would need to fill the secondary transfers ducts as they're way to big and redirect the transfer streams. I could send over one of my RG barrels for exhaust port surgery, combine that with my revised transfer layout and we could use it to show case the rebirth of the RG/KE hybrid

Cast me out at your peril buckets4me

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries

Cast me out at your peril buckets4me
    not realy I quite like the fact that Mike Green has more H/P than TZ (keeps him going)

no one up this way has done any real work on a smoker apart from TZ and Chambers. Mike being the other fast 2 stroke (but that was an 8 year build)
    Neil dosn't count (sorry wobbly)

so someone name 4 New Fast 2 strokes (other than team E.S.E)
    I'll start you off
    Rick52 with 19 h/p
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    husaberg
    Damn buckets4me its starting to sound like an us against them and Ive become one of them. What did I do? what did I do? Please let me back on the dyno we could put a GP badge on the KE, no one needs to know, no one needs to know

How's the ke125 going
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Yo momma
    not realy I quite like the fact that Mike Green has more H/P than TZ (keeps him going)

no one up this way has done any real work on a smoker apart from TZ and Chambers. Mike being the other fast 2 stroke (but that was an 8 year build)
    Neil dosn't count (sorry wobbly)

so someone name 4 New Fast 2 strokes (other than team E.S.E)
    I'll start you off
    Rick52 with 19 h/p
    I don't think there are 4 New Fast 2 strokes up norf to name if you leave out Neil (Nigel???). Greens and ESE's bikes have the HP but have yet to be proven 'fast' IMO.

I will add Dave Dips bikes as one of them, the 85cc (24hp so I am told) with Nathaniel riding ran well at Taupo a year or so ago.

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Greens and ESE's bikes have the HP but have yet to be proven 'fast' IMO.
    AV on Chambers bike can finish in the top 3 30s around MtWellington
    Dave M on TZ's ran in the top 2 with only Karl M beating him
    how much more do you nead (have you ever beaten them ?)

Mike hasn't run anywhere near as hard as he did the day he KO'd himself (and I dont blame him I need to get up and go to work on mondays as well)

how many people over 60 race buckets as fast as TZ ?

now if Kel can get his up and running and dosn't hurt himself on the way

and show me a race where a KE has beaten TZ ?

Bike
    Several
    and show me a race where a KE has beaten TZ ?
    You and bucketracer do get a bit antagonistic at times.

OK, its a KV but similar deal.

Was TZ racing that day? I seem to remember you guys all being there.

This is an OLD Style bike, built by one of the Steadmans. When Dave had it out of retirement for this race it was running piss-poor and the archaic slicks were giving him a hell of a time.

Race Results.
    http://www.marktime.co.nz/rfiles/081228/RACE09B.HTM
    http://www.marktime.co.nz/rfiles/081228/RACE18B.HTM

Practice results.
    http://www.marktime.co.nz/rfiles/081228/PRAC09B.HTM
    http://www.marktime.co.nz/rfiles/081228/PRAC01B.HTM

It was an old style frame and even had a funky paint-job that may have been fashionable before some of us were born!
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    After sitting round the campfire and having a few beers with a couple of Steadmans it seems that we may see #96 again this year. Possibly in the hands of the owners nephew. It would be REALLY interesting to see how it compares to the newer buckets. I suspect it will be competitive as it makes reasonable hp, something in the low-mid 20s, and handles sweet with good brakes.

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post

yep 4th 6th 4th 4th I think

didn't that kv blow up it was fast (well ridden) .11 seconds faster than TZ in the first practice
    and TZ had an old standard gp frame back then posibably 18" tt900 road tyres to( use to make him seasick )
    any other takers (something RMS was riding maby ?) didn't think so and yes I'm out to antagonise today
    I'm not allowed to take the boat out and wont get to race this weekend either

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post

This is an OLD Style bike, built by one of the Steadmans. When Dave had it out of retirement for this race it was running piss-poor and the archaic slicks were giving him a hell of a time.

Race Results.
    http://www.marktime.co.nz/rfiles/081228/RACE09B.HTM
    http://www.marktime.co.nz/rfiles/081228/RACE18B.HTM

Practice results.
    http://www.marktime.co.nz/rfiles/081228/PRAC09B.HTM
    http://www.marktime.co.nz/rfiles/081228/PRAC01B.HTM

It was an old style frame and even had a funky paint-job that may have been fashionable before some of us were born!
    um, yeah about that. . . I'd been thrown by the KV the - slicks weren't up to it on that patchy ground. That was actually me on my 50. yep I got 2nd in a F4 race. bit of a larf, don't think I could do that again, things have moved on.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information