Page 5 of 141 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Learner Ride to Taupo (Saturday 11 Feb 2012)

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Probably won't be in, as following weekend is Paeroa, got marshalling there, and the following one after that is the TT2000 in the South Island, so I'll be sorting work and things...

Still (for LankyBastard) Taupo is less than 3 hours from (east) Auckland, so maybe I'll help him down (down all the gravel roads of course ) then pop back up... we'll see as the time draws nearer...
    You have been a busy lad on Zenbu....................http://www.zenbu.co.nz/entry/1038164...ervice-station

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
    I'll meet you at Ngaruawahia, that looks easiest to me...? Or are you doing some country kms before getting to Ngaru? If so I can definitely pop up to Rangiriri.

Oh, and I bloody well knew that pic of me cleaning my bike hadn't finished making the rounds yet!!! Gees! :-P
    Hey Scott, do you know Pokuru rd between Te Awamutu and Otorohanga?

Bike
    Pillion
    Hmm....doing my BHS next weekend. Subject to getting the L plate as well and enough practice I might see about heading north to meet you all. Give me something to aim for (not that you can miss Taupo if you stay on SH1, but you know what I mean lol!)
    It is entirely possible to teach an old blond new tricks!!!

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki GPX 250

Please book me in :-)

pls book me in

Bike
    CB1000R
    Sweet, well sister is keen to drive my car down, so should have her sorted out and a vehicle for some gear etc.

Just talked to shop and my Penny is being re-assembled as we speak with goodies attached, so expect photos on here once its dark and I can't ride her anymore.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by allycatz View Post
    Hmm....doing my BHS next weekend. Subject to getting the L plate as well and enough practice I might see about heading north to meet you all. Give me something to aim for (not that you can miss Taupo if you stay on SH1, but you know what I mean lol!)
    How cool will that be?...
    The camp ground is easy to find (once you know where it is) but any one of us can come get you from the lake front.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajessep View Post
    pls book me in
    You were booked when I posted the thread yesterday....your chips/pretzels and mellowpuffs are thanks enough..
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant` View Post
    Sweet, well sister is keen to drive my car down, so should have her sorted out and a vehicle for some gear etc.

Just talked to shop and my Penny is being re-assembled as we speak with goodies attached, so expect photos on here once its dark and I can't ride her anymore.
    Car to be added...cheers Grant.

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    How cool will that be?...

You were booked when I posted the thread yesterday....your chips/pretzels and mellowpuffs are thanks enough..

Car to be added...cheers Grant.

thank andre for pretzels. he left them with me wk before. have a great wkd maha and mom. i going to do ART sunday. got my leathers now. woohoo tho i be slowest on the track perhaps.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    You have been a busy lad on Zenbu....................http://www.zenbu.co.nz/entry/1038164...ervice-station
    Did a lot of work a while ago getting all the 24hr stations updated so it flowed through to the NZ open source maps.

Last time I was there, I thought it might have closed down... or was it just unexpectedly closed (at a reasonable hour, I swear). Not sure, perhaps don't count on it if you don't need to... haven't been through there for a good year or so, but it's really nice riding. Just don't go into Pureora Forest... I haven't even finished tracking all the gravel roads in there
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    SV 650 Race bike, ZZR 250 in pieces
    Blog Entries
    thank andre for pretzels. he left them with me wk before. have a great wkd maha and mom. i going to do ART sunday. got my leathers now. woohoo tho i be slowest on the track perhaps.
    there are usually alot of slow people in group 1. especially at the start of the day, you get faster as you go though.
    Rest in peace Tony - you will be missed.

Bike
    CB1000R
    Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Chef View Post
    there are usually alot of slow people in group 1. especially at the start of the day, you get faster as you go though.
    You going down ?

Bike
    SV 650 Race bike, ZZR 250 in pieces
    Blog Entries
    You going down ?
    hell yea, get to take my Sv for a blast! ! dropped into group 1 for 1 session cause got heaps of friends in there that I'm going to video and then jump up to group 2.you coming down?
    Rest in peace Tony - you will be missed.

Bike
    Green one...Orange One
    Probably won't be in, as following weekend is Paeroa, got marshalling there, and the following one after that is the TT2000 in the South Island, so I'll be sorting work and things...

Still (for LankyBastard) Taupo is less than 3 hours from (east) Auckland, so maybe I'll help him down (down all the gravel roads of course ) then pop back up... we'll see as the time draws nearer...
    That's a shame Alan, but hey i'm sure we'll see you on the next one Sweet...less then 3 hours...wait...your speed or 250 speed??

You going down ?
    There will be a few of us there by the sounds of things Matt just likes his "Parking spot"

i going to do ART sunday. got my leathers now. woohoo tho i be slowest on the track perhaps.
    You'll def get faster...so much fun I was worried about being slow, but in the morning most people are

Will see you on Sunday then

Bike
    CB1000R
    I am hoping to come down on my bike, for a visit, not to ride however social club do on the Saturday (Ambrose Golf and Drinking) so have decided to have it as a bit of a blow out so will depend entirely on how I feel Sunday morning haha.

Bike
    a red heap
    Did a lot of work a while ago getting all the 24hr stations updated so it flowed through to the NZ open source maps.

Last time I was there, I thought it might have closed down... or was it just unexpectedly closed (at a reasonable hour, I swear). Not sure, perhaps don't count on it if you don't need to... haven't been through there for a good year or so, but it's really nice riding. Just don't go into Pureora Forest... I haven't even finished tracking all the gravel roads in there
    if you get gas at TeKuiti, you can make it to fuckamaroo dam sweet as, the gas station there is always open.

Bike
    07 GIXXER 75OOOHHHH
    Add me to list please.
    Happy to buddy up with a few in the cabins similar to last year,Phreak and Armi were good flatties,or if anyone wants to do the bunk thing like the units by kitchen which were basic am happy to share,close to toilets,kitchen,just need bedding.

Also will meet at camp or Te Kuiti depending on job and living area lol.
    Hello officer put it on my tab

Don't steal the government hates competition.

Thread Information