Thread: NZ/AU/USA bike swap?

Bike
    H

NZ/AU/USA bike swap?

I have always wanted to tour New Zealand by motorcycle, but the cost of renting a bike for a few weeks can make for an expensive holiday, so why not swap with a Kiwi ?

I have an F800GS in Sydney fully setup for touring with panniers, tank bag and GPS and I have a second one parked in Montana USA, left over from a six months tour in 2010.

So if anyone is interested in visiting OZ or USA for a similar holiday, maybe we could cut a deal that works for both of us ?

P.S. Next year we will have two KLR650's parked in Chile too !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1732-1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	194.2 KB 
ID:	252365   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1926-1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	252367  
    Geoff/AU F800GS/USA F800GS/SA KLR650
    http://offroad.com.au

Bike
    1999 KLR650

Great idea, if anyone wants to come ride the best of the Rocky Mountains in USA -- I have the following bikes that I'd like to see some Kiwis ride around North America:

1.) Two tour-ready 1999 KLR650's .
    2.) A 2002 BMW R1150GS with full hard bags (currently covered with a cover and 3cm of snow right now...).

The KLR's are soon to be painted in desert tan, as my current Limey-Zebra scheme is only camoflage to predators with very specific colour blindness.

Gasoline is only $1.11 NZD / L right now (current prices in US Gal here).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Limey_Zebra.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	252392  

Bike
    1997 BMW R850R

Bike Swap

Quote Originally Posted by Tradey View Post
    I have always wanted to tour New Zealand by motorcycle, but the cost of renting a bike for a few weeks can make for an expensive holiday, so why not swap with a Kiwi ?

I have an F800GS in Sydney fully setup for touring with panniers, tank bag and GPS and I have a second one parked in Montana USA, left over from a six months tour in 2010.

So if anyone is interested in visiting OZ or USA for a similar holiday, maybe we could cut a deal that works for both of us ?

P.S. Next year we will have two KLR650's parked in Chile too !
    Hi, I am planning a trip to Australia 27 Aug to 23 sep 2016 and I am interested in a bike swap. I have a 1997 BMW R850R which I would be happy to loan in NZ.

Thread Information