Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kiwi Suspension Solutions

Bike
    None

Kiwi Suspension Solutions

Official right now is that ''KIWI SUSPENSION SOLUTIONS'' is up and running, formerly Crown Kiwi Technical. Same faces, same infrastructure and premises, new trading name.
    The very biggest single reason for the name change is that the name was found to be too similiar and therefore confusing with our sister company Crown Kiwi Enterprises ( CKE ) and it had therefore been our intention to do a name change for some time. We also think the new name resonates with the market and easily identifies what we do. I.e affordable, lower cost through to top shelf suspension solutions for all budgets and riding codes.
    Stationery, vehicles and cyberspace ''signature'' are slowly being changed over. Another small but ultimately despicable factor that perhaps shouldnt go unmentioned is that sometime ago when we went to register CKT as a domain name for a website we found that it had already been registered by a small competitor in our field. Whilst this practice is not illegal it serves as a timely reminder to business people in general that unethical and ( frankly ) insightful behaviour always lurks like a malignant cancer!
    We continue on in offering our services, most of our customers being everyday road riders who wish for a much improved level of both ride comfort but also control on our challenging roads. On the road race tracks look out for the riders we closely support, Stroud, Bugden, Shirriffs, Cole, Frost, Fitzgeralds, Skatchill, Charlett, Hassan, Williams, McGrath, Holmes and many others knocking on the door of local fame.
    A big thanks to our past, present and future customers

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    A good move. I could never quite reconcile Crown Kiwi to what you do. CKE have always been wholesalers that people dealt with through the bike shops, whereas CKT are very much public facing.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Makes the Acronym rather close to a popular saying. You could have added an 'i'

. . . & thinking about it worn outlandish costumes & lurid facepaint at race meetings, although Gene Simmons probably would sue you sideways.
    - be a nice bit of colour in the pits though. + seeing you kneel down to adjust clickers in 4" platforms would be worth a laugh.

Hope you haven't got excessive CKT fork stickers stockpiled. Have you considered a sticker upgrade program? Think of the extra revenue!
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    suzuki

kss

k...... seems the way to go in suspension

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Makes the Acronym rather close to a popular saying. You could have added an 'i'

. . . & thinking about it worn outlandish costumes & lurid facepaint at race meetings, although Gene Simmons probably would sue you sideways.
    - be a nice bit of colour in the pits though. + seeing you kneel down to adjust clickers in 4" platforms would be worth a laugh.

Hope you haven't got excessive CKT fork stickers stockpiled. Have you considered a sticker upgrade program? Think of the extra revenue!
    We deliberated about an 'I' after the 'K' but only for about 5 seconds. Because of all the implications you detailed.

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    k...... seems the way to go in suspension
    Not much evidence of that, any suspension that is imported also has to be properly looked after.

Bike
    1994 VFR750F, 2006 XR250L
    So are you going to change your avatar on here pronto?
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	153.9 KB 
ID:	252526

This is what Taylor looks like now.
    True story!
    Member, sem fiddy appreciation society

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I find it ironic that the incredibly rude personal comments about Les were made by someone bearing an astonishing resemblance to a Monica Lewinsky dress accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    All was good until I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable after a while

Bike
    Kawasaki Z1

Kss

Is it not also true that a piston was stroking in another set of forks?

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by thebaron View Post
    Is it not also true that a piston was stroking in another set of forks?
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????

Bike
    91 R80GS
    After finding your name taken by someone else are'nt you worried your new name may be mistaken by another established business

http://www.yss.co.th/
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    We deliberated about an 'I' after the 'K' but only for about 5 seconds. Because of all the implications you detailed.
    Plus Gene Simmons would sue your arse.

Best of luck with it.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    I've now had my front suspension fettled by CKT, and the rear shock by KSS, and they are well matched!
    Tested 'em on the Forgotten World Highway, and am very pleased.
    Thanks, Dr Bob!

Details:
    The front forks are standard VFR800 Showa fare, but with Ohlins springs and oil, Racetech gold valves and shim stack, and CKT optimising (checked for concentricity and whatnot). They were actually fettled twice: the first time, they had 0.95kg/mm Sonic Springs in them, and damping appropriate for this, but it was way too stiff so they were resprung ad reworked to match.
    The rear shock was replaced several years ago with an Elka with a 900lb spring and remote reservoir to save $250 over an Ohlins (a mistake). Last week, Dr Bob decided that since the shock tube was similar to an equivalent Ohlins, he could "Ohlinsise" it. So, the internals were almost completely replaced with an Ohlins piston and shim stack, and Ohlins oil. It now perfectly matches the front, and is enormously more compliant and infinitely more responsive to adjustment. Just tweaking the preload makes a huge (previously little) difference, and a single click on the rebound or compression adjusters also effects change (previously several clicks were required, and I couldn't tell if the result was being made in the appropriate direction).
    The Wife-Pillionist-Porcupine-Accountant was very pleased with the result, and tellingly, also (like myself) very happy with the invoice.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    a fucking hornet

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Well clearly a pair of good condition Ohilns forks, but I can't see you mounting modern radial calipers to those, so would have to be on a nostalga build.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information