Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yay...

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Ignoring when it came in, its not a hard rule to grasp. Especially with the LTSA's diagrams.

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Just like to say don't get too pissed with the instructor, he was pretty nice about it all, and he's just like every other cop, just doing his job. And also about the indicating, what I said was obviously blown out of proportion but it was still very hard to quickly go left, right, left, right, left, right, stop indicators, left, right, etc. when having to navigate this part of town that has 3 roundabouts, 2 of them within 10 or so meters. The train tracks were a mistake I happened to make cause I was so paranoid about making mistakes I wasn't thinking clearly therefore making me make mistakes and getting me more paranoid about making more mistakes

It was annoying on one roundabout however because I didn't indicate right going into it because I was going straight through, but apparently the road I was going onto was just that little bit to the right so I did have to indicate after all. This was bullshit and the reason for failing that portion of the test

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Ack! Stay off my roads mate!
    Yeah, I should stick to racing and dirt riding

Bike
    2005 GN250
    That sux dude! Don't know how but I've some how managed to scrape through the system and got me self a nice green licence for classes 1 and 6! I must have paid them some $$ to let me pass... oooops said too much already!

You'll get it next time man, chin up.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by alarumba
    Just like to say don't get too pissed with the instructor, he was pretty nice about it all, and he's just like every other cop, just doing his job. ..
    Just a note, they're not cops. Not even non-sworn officers. They're contracted bureaucrats.

Some of them (probably the good ones) may be ex-cops. But it's not a requirement. Most of them ahve been driving instructors, but apart from the ex-cops, and a very few enthusiasts, none will have ever ridden a bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    ...were a mistake I happened to make cause I was so paranoid about making mistakes I wasn't thinking clearly therefore making me make mistakes and getting me more paranoid about making more mistakes

It was annoying on one roundabout however because I didn't indicate right going into it because I was going straight through, but apparently the road I was going onto was just that little bit to the right so I did have to indicate after all. This was bullshit and the reason for failing that portion of the test
    Yeh, gets like that. I was plenty nervous when I did my restricted. To the point where I didn't give way at a roundabout (I never stuff that up!) but the tester was stuck coming out of a side street and didnt see it (phew).

That roundabout thing, with the road being slightly to the right...tough call. Unlucky.
    EDIT: Actually, thats pretty fucking gay. The whole point of indicating right is (on 4 point roundabout for eg.) letting the person opposite you know that you're going to be coming round. If its still that kind of roundabout but the road isnt aligned you shouldn't be indicating right anyway! Fuckers.

Bike
    keyboard jockey
    Quote Originally Posted by gamgee
    and the way devil said to indicate does do this, if your going left you'll be indicating left, going straight you won't be indicating, if your going right you indicate right

NO I am RIGHT!

if you are going straight through a round about you have to idicate right then indicate left.

hoooooooo kKKKKKKKKK

-PETER PAN

Bike
    '90 GSXR250 in black
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey
    NO I am RIGHT!

if you are going straight through a round about you have to idicate right then indicate left.

hoooooooo kKKKKKKKKK

-PETER PAN
    not according to the road code, or john campbell

Bike
    I also felt cheated with the "not completeing a full U-turn". I went into a driveway and then backed out, it's a 3 point turn sure, but it still works in the same way and is a lot safer. He could of at least asked me to do a proper U-turn instead of arse raping me of my money by failing me on that part.

And aren't U-Turns illegal anyway?!
    [EDIT] No there're not

I did what I believed was the safest option, but I was still failed for it. Aren't we supposed to learn to ride safely, not illegally?

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    I also felt cheated with the "not completeing a full U-turn". I went into a driveway and then backed out, it's a 3 point turn sure, but it still works in the same way and is a lot safer. He could of at least asked me to do a proper U-turn instead of arse raping me of my money by failing me on that part.

And aren't U-Turns illegal anyway?!

I did what I believed was the safest option, but I was still failed for it. Aren't we supposed to learn to ride safely, not illegally?
    Nah, U-Turns are legal, unless there is a sign specifically saying No U-Turns.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Nah, U-Turns are legal, unless there is a sign specifically saying No U-Turns.
    Despite that, I still feel like I have been cheated. I even explained to him I did that as I believed it was safer and I got "That bike should be able to turn in that road, I could easily do it". Yeah right, with your belly you would be able to fit in it's japanese ergonomic layout, and even my Basic Handling Skills instructor rode my bike and found it very hard to keep stable with the steering in full lock.

I didn't hate my instructor before, I do now

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    Arcade Champion in 15 games,but not the one that matters - get off the computer and into real life!
    Is the arcade any worse than being in the forums instead? At least I'm not spouting off as much crap as I used to

Real life is depressing anyway, I perfur to stay away from it

Bike
    05 R6 & 89 GSXR250
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey
    NO I am RIGHT!

hoooooooo kKKKKKKKKK

-PETER PAN
    Your shovel must be getting blunt from this big hole you're digging

Bike
    Yamaha 1989 TDR250, KTM 950
    I failed my restriced in the UK first time for one thing. I hesitated at a dodgy intersection for a split second too long and failed for undue hesitation.

I also have no problems with the roundabout rules as thats the way I was taught to drive/ride and so do.

On another note. I did a NZ driving test when I came over here. was told to do a u turn, stopped at side of road after completing said uturn to check road was still clear and got told to "just go dont stop". I also did 60 in a 50 kph zone twice and didnt look at a rail crossing. I passed.
    The real mystery is how come that fat bastard Hurley has never lost any weight.

Bike
    00,R6 / 08,Scorpio
    ah mate better lusck next time, the uturn is a major part to show you can control your bike. if you have to just stand on the footpegs and lean her over some more. you can turn faster than the full lock would otherwise allow. its just one of those tasks you have to check the road is clear both ways indicate check and use the whole road for. as to the roundabouts... when i did my liscence i chatted to the guy about it and he said no need pointlessly confusing oncoming traffic by indicating right then left(long time ago now but). you just have to grimace and take it i guess. bastard pulled me up on the head check of sideroads also but well i checke em all, its not my fault he cant see my eyes, i was turning my head quite a lot but some helmets dont show as turned very well from the rear ay, you might want to tape a bit of insuation tape up the centre back so it shows up more ay.

Thread Information