Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Yay...

Bike
    '93 Kwaka ZZR400, GSX400X impulse
    Take note of everything that was noted, practice them, get them right. Can you do a figure 8 at walking speed without putting feet down, that is one of the requirements.
    Do the resit, only $40, ASAP while these things are fresh in your mind.

My problems were shoulder checks and didn't check on railway lines.
    Work Harder
    Millions on welfare and ACC depend on you!

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Many years ago I ahd been teaching a young guy to ride, and I accompanied him when he went for his licence. Initially the cop failed him for not being able to ride a figure 8 at walking speed in the MOT driveway. However when I pointed out to the cop that the driveway was too narrow to even push the bike in a figure 8, he allowed my young friend to try again in the MOT carpark. This time successfully.

The cop did comment that this was the first time he had ever tested a motrocyclist for a licence where the rider was on a Suzuki GT750, and the 50 cc and 125 cc bikes that most turned up on could do a figure 8 easily. (Remember the days before that strange 250 cc limit)
    Time to ride

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar
    (Remember the days before that strange 250 cc limit)
    When did that come in? I tried to sit my restricted on my CB350 and they wouldn't have a bar of it. Had to go and borrow my dad's A50 to sit it on...

That was in 1984...

Chin up Alarumba. At least you know where you have to work on.

Sod's law will, of course dictate that the very things you practice will not even be checked next time.

I spent sooooo much time practicing for my restricted and in the end I had to ride from Pearce House (Upper Cuba Street, down Webb Street, across Taranaki Street up Buckle St (before it was one-way) round the Basin Reserve, through Mt Vic tunnel, into Hataitai, U-turn in Hataitai Rd (a road that goes up a hill just to make it a bit tricky) and then back again, round the basin and back to Cuba Street.

When I got back the cop (traffic cops did the licences back then) told me how pleased he was at my riding the little bike and told me if I was going to take my dad's GS550E out any more I'd better be damn careful.

Turns out the bugger had seen me on my dad's bike the day before and recognised me because of my Jet Leathers and yellow Bell helmet.

Damn. No-one was supposed to see me on that bike...

... especially not the old man.

Good luck for next time.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    After a few hours practice around some tight roundabouts, I'm pretty confident I could do a U-Turn in a shopping isle now

Thanks for all your support. It may have been a good thing that I did fail this, otherwise I may have entered that F3 race

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    By the way, the bike fell over when I parked it in Wellington (my fault, kickstand gave way as bike was facing downhill) and not only did I scratch my nicely restored faing that cost me 160 bucks, I also broke the clutch lever. The lever is in half and I can still use it using 2 fingers. Could this be used as an excuse to fail me again when I re-do the test or should I be ok and I'm being overly paranoid yet again?

Bike
    justsomebike
    Quote Originally Posted by alarumba
    By the way, the bike fell over when I parked it in Wellington (my fault, kickstand gave way as bike was facing downhill) and not only did I scratch my nicely restored faing that cost me 160 bucks, I also broke the clutch lever. The lever is in half and I can still use it using 2 fingers. Could this be used as an excuse to fail me again when I re-do the test or should I be ok and I'm being overly paranoid yet again?
    Well...... if your bike is rideable and you are comfortable doing so......just try and stand in such a way that you kinda obscure the right hand side (don't make it obvious) the tester will most probably not even notice as they only look at the lights...... Unless to your bad luck you get a bike nut.....

Good luck with your test, I wasn't asked to do a U turn or fig 8 ... just ride around the suburbs for bout 20 mins..... there was a bit of slow riding in the crowded mall parking lot trying to get to the public roads at about maybe 2-5kmph but that was that......

Bike
    Just an update, I was talking to someone tonight who mentioned Louise from penrose saying that she has been disaplined some time ago for having a 30% pass rate instead of 70% for all other centres and doesnt have very good people skills.

Just thort I would share that with you, I think I will go to Mt wellington for my full on the 4th.
    Work Harder

Bike
    justsomebike
    Quote Originally Posted by raster
    Just an update, I was talking to someone tonight who mentioned Louise from penrose saying that she has been disaplined some time ago for having a 30% pass rate instead of 70% for all other centres and doesnt have very good people skills.

Just thort I would share that with you, I think I will go to Mt wellington for my full on the 4th.
    Thanks for that - she does come across as a bit of a bitch ...

I'm gonna let her boss know about it too...... will make that visit tomorrow......

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy
    Thanks for that - she does come across as a bit of a bitch ...

I'm gonna let her boss know about it too...... will make that visit tomorrow......
    Just put it in such a way that it does not show anger.
    Work Harder

Bike
    Yamaha 1989 TDR250, KTM 950
    so beating down his door with a pickaxe and using words such as, Phuk, hoe, bitch, and in my day wont achieve the desired result?
    The real mystery is how come that fat bastard Hurley has never lost any weight.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by unhingedlizard
    so beating down his door with a pickaxe and using words such as, Phuk, hoe, bitch, and in my day wont achieve the desired result?
    They'd probly call it road rage and try and book you for it.
    Work Harder

Thread Information