Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stoppy tyre pressures?

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
    yeah bro,
    took my insurance almost two months to sort my bike out after it was stolen and written off,
    and it was a clean cut write off.
    Just takes time.
    Just insurers being tossers

Instead of spending millions advertising their insurance to be most trusted blah blah blah. Why not pay out people in reasonable times, an insurer who pays out as soon as they have all the info will be very popular.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Basically if you need advice on how to do a wheely or a stoppie you shouldnt be doing them
    WTF? Get out there and do it, that's how we learnt. There's nothing wrong with asking for a few tips tho....
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    WTF? Get out there and do it, that's how we learnt. There's nothing wrong with asking for a few tips tho....
    Basically was asking "hey stoppies look cool I might give that a try! I don't want to land straight on my face wonder if there's anything I should know?"

What I have learnt is I'm going to buy a shitty unregistered bike as a practice bike

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    Basically was asking "hey stoppies look cool I might give that a try! I don't want to land straight on my face wonder if there's anything I should know?"

What I have learnt is I'm going to buy a shitty unregistered bike as a practice bike
    Ask the insurance company if you can buy back the Hyobag. If ya get it cheap enough, wreckers are full of them to get bits for making it ridable.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Ask the insurance company if you can buy back the Hyobag. If ya get it cheap enough, wreckers are full of them to get bits for making it ridable.
    Bent forks and frame apparently. Wouldn't be worth the hassle. Always plenty of 250's in the wreckers yards

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Bent forks and frame apparently. Wouldn't be worth the hassle. Always plenty of 250's in the wreckers yards
    Problem with 250 bikes, is that the two stroke race reps were the only ones to come out with decent suspension and brakes.

The thing that will send you sliding down the road on yer face whilst trying to do stoppies most, is the forks bottoming out. Because the tyre has to cope with a suden jolt of extra pressure.

Whatever you get, needs new fork oil, and good compression damping. Once ya have that, almost anything will stoppie.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    almost anything will stoppie.
    You mean almost any sport or dirt style bike will stoppy. Would love to see you try do a stoppy on any cruiser haha.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    You mean almost any sport or dirt style bike will stoppy. Would love to see you try do a stoppy on any cruiser haha.
    I don't do stoppies on anything except motard type bikes. I've worn a bike to the back of the head when I cocked it up.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    I don't do stoppies on anything except motard type bikes. I've worn a bike to the back of the head when I cocked it up.
    That doesn't sound fun! My new bike is going to be a motard style 250, maybe 2stroke or 4 stroke depending on whats available.... Still waiting on insurance (they sent me a letter to the wrong address.... Even though in my claim form I told them my address).

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    That doesn't sound fun! My new bike is going to be a motard style 250, maybe 2stroke or 4 stroke depending on whats available.... Still waiting on insurance (they sent me a letter to the wrong address.... Even though in my claim form I told them my address).
    Motards are by far the easiest to stoppie.

Harder to wheelie though. Because the suspension has so much travel, and is quite soft. So when you modulate the throttle the balance point moves. The suspension compresses as you gas off, moving the balance point rearward. When you get back on the gas the shock extends and the balance point moves forward. Gotta be silky smooth to get a decent wheelie on them.

Four stroke singles are hardest to loop over though, because shutting the throttle down is like dropping anchor.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s

Harder to wheelie though. Because the suspension has so much travel, and is quite soft. So when you modulate the throttle the balance point moves. The suspension compresses as you gas off, moving the balance point rearward. When you get back on the gas the shock extends and the balance point moves forward. Gotta be silky smooth to get a decent wheelie on them.

Four stroke singles are hardest to loop over though, because shutting the throttle down is like dropping anchor.
    Yea I'm used to a 500cc single 4 stroke with no suspension. I'll stick to doing wheelstands on that when I feel the need haha.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144

Harder to wheelie though.
    Yep, that's why I have a giggle when people say 'learn to wheelie a dirtbike'
    Oh, and SOME cruisers can be made to stoppie....
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    Oh, and SOME cruisers can be made to stoppie....
    Pics or it didn't happen

Bike
    2001 Duc 7 4 8 R
    Stunt team at motogp in philip island where doing long stoppies on a vrod. Hard not to be impressed.

Found the KR1 two stroke easy to do these on including soft touch down. I can't pull a wheelie for my life but stoppies have been easy since the days of riding bmx
    It's not a beer pot .... It's a fuel tank for a sex machine

Trip of a life time http://www.buenosaires-caracas.com.ar/tours.html
    Trip details here

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
    Stunt team at motogp in philip island where doing long stoppies on a vrod. Hard not to be impressed.
    That's closed I can find to :impressedface:

Thread Information