Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stoppy tyre pressures?

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Motards are by far the easiest to stoppie.

Harder to wheelie though. Because the suspension has so much travel, and is quite soft. So when you modulate the throttle the balance point moves. The suspension compresses as you gas off, moving the balance point rearward. When you get back on the gas the shock extends and the balance point moves forward. Gotta be silky smooth to get a decent wheelie on them.

Four stroke singles are hardest to loop over though, because shutting the throttle down is like dropping anchor.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    Yep, that's why I have a giggle when people say 'learn to wheelie a dirtbike'
    Oh, and SOME cruisers can be made to stoppie....

motrad/dirt bikes are much easier to wheelie...lower gearing/light weight make it much much easier guys!!....seriously...chook chasers are the easiest to wheelie!!
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos View Post
    motrad/dirt bikes are much easier to wheelie...lower gearing/light weight make it much much easier guys!!....seriously...chook chasers are the easiest to wheelie!!
    theyre a bit more durable when you stack it trying to learn than a fully faired bike

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    theyre a bit more durable when you stack it trying to learn than a fully faired bike
    and we all know that's going to happen

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Ryan, would you like to have a wheelie comp between you, Andy, and myself?

Don't answer that with your ego, or you're gonna have to go and buy a bike, just to get your arse handed to you TWICE!

They are easier to hoist, they are harder to get a mintah going at a constant speed on a smooth surface.

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Ryan, would you like to have a wheelie comp between you, Andy, and myself?

Don't answer that with your ego, or you're gonna have to go and buy a bike, just to get your arse handed to you TWICE!

They are easier to hoist, they are harder to get a mintah going at a constant speed on a smooth surface.
    Your right I'm not going to buy one...but seriously...I and many many other people can wheelie dirt bikes for ages at constant speeds...on smooth or otherwise ground...on rolling ground its easy to control also...neither of us are going to back down from or point of view...so this debate will be eternally useless...
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Your right I'm not going to buy one...but seriously...I and many many other people can wheelie dirt bikes for ages at constant speeds...on smooth or otherwise ground...on rolling ground its easy to control also...neither of us are going to back down from or point of view...so this debate will be eternally useless...
    As much as I hate the implications of this statement, I am forced to submit it for you to consider.

It takes more skill to wheelie a dirt bike, than it does a road bike. Lots of people though, get put off by the speed of a road bike when they are learning. On a dirt bike, the risk seems lessened because of the often softer landings on ones arse.

And to an extent that is true. I looped your KLX and all we did was laugh!

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
    Thank you for this one section here,
    It has truly made my week
    Took 4 months but I have a picture that proves I could stoppie without front brakes haha

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    It takes more skill to wheelie a dirt bike, than it does a road bike. Lots of people though, get put off by the speed of a road bike when they are learning.
    Thats true. I brought my Busa just to do wheelies. Love them! 4th gear at 230kms is like seeing God! Can't get enough of that shit!
    Love it on badly cambered road, the bitch just sways from side to side........... nothing feels better.
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Bike
    GSX11-tysomething, BMW K100 x2
    Quote Originally Posted by scrivy View Post
    Thats true. I brought my Busa just to do wheelies. Love them! 4th gear at 230kms is like seeing God! Can't get enough of that shit!
    Love it on badly cambered road, the bitch just sways from side to side........... nothing feels better.
    That's cos it doesn't ever point straight, just like a 3 wheeler! Nutter
    Jay Lawrence #37

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Learn that on a pitbike bro.
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    This is going to hurt.
    Why?

Every day above ground is a good day!:

Thread Information