Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ICE mobile phone (In Case of Emergency)

Bike
    I realise it's a repost but I didn't bother looking for the original - for shame me!!

If it provides valuable information that helps somebody - I have no regrets. I have but one me to give....
    They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old.
    Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the evening,
    we will remember them

Bike
    Bikes!
    Good luck getting the keylock off my phone... better off rolling me into the chopper than dicking around with the phone imho. My wallet has my drivers license, they'll figure it out at the hospital. In fact, better yet, don't ring until they know what's wrong with me and how long to fix it

Bike
    1995 Suzuki Volty (TU250)
    Blog Entries
    I had 'ICE' in my phone for a while with my partner's number against it. But every time he called me the caller ID showed up as 'ICE' and I didn't want to be reminded every time he called that he was the one to call in case of the Unthinkable so eventually I deleted it.

Bike
    A Cage
    I've got an ICE in mine but its kinda pointless considering my phone is locked with a security code :-P

Bike
    '07 RSVR1000
    My father had ICE in his cellphone and we had no idea what it meant. When I saw it, I said "who the hell is ICE?" (thinking it was another biker with an odd nickname).

Personally, I use names like "Husband - Reginald", "Mum - Karen" and "Dad - Mac" so anyone who picks up my phone can see their relationship to me.

Bike
    various
    As a busy taxi dispatcher I have had a heap of lost phones to deal with. First call I made is to "home" next to "Mum".
    Insert witticism.

Bike
    L1 GSXR 1000

In Case of Emergency

Not sure if this is a repost, yes i did do a search, Worth while one anyway.

ICE Campaign - "In Case of Emergency"

We all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in its memory but nobody, other than ourselves, knows which of these numbers belong to our closest family or friends.

If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call. Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency?

Hence this "ICE" (In Case of Emergency) Campaign
    The concept of "ICE" is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As cell phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is sto re the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name "ICE" ( In Case Of Emergency).

The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital Staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialing the number you have stored as "ICE."

For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc. A great idea that will make a difference!

Let's spread the concept of ICE by storing an ICE number in our Mobile phones today!

Bike
    2009 Yamaha XJ6S
    Yep.. tis a good idea for sure!! I first heard about it 3 years ago.. & have my olds phone number under ICE!
    GET ON
    SIT DOWN
    SHUT UP
    HANG ON

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Had it for a few years now

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    Brilliant idea!!! I'm ashamed to admit I'd never heard of it...

Have created the ICE number in my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Time to cut out the "holier/more enlightened than thou" bullshit and the "slut" comments and let people live honestly how they like providing they're not harming themselves or others in the process.

Bike
    2005 FZS1000 "Tasha"
    yes - i think it's prolly a repost

but it's such a sensible suggestion that who cares if it's posted twice?
    ... ...

Grass wedges its way between the closest blocks of marble and it brings them down. This power of feeble life which can creep in anywhere is greater than that of the mighty behind their cannons....... - Honore de Balzac

Bike
    L1 GSXR 1000
    Weird! I did do a search before posting..... honest!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Bleck View Post
    Weird! I did do a search before posting..... honest!
    its a good one for people to know anyway....

Will be honest and say I had to re enter the criteria twice... so I think I know why yours came up with nothing.

Bike
    Jackie Black
    The original post that Joni found is from 2005. I tried the search and it gave me over 51 pages to scroll through....who has time for that?!

What is the BIG DEAL if a thread is a repost? I'm quite happy when something is a repost, especially if I didn't see it first time around, as the new post may have updated information or different points of view. To those who love to cry "repost" remember not all of us have been around for years and have had time to read every post!

Thumbs up Cola
    Some days you are the bug , some days you are the windshield

Thread Information