Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ICE mobile phone (In Case of Emergency)

Bike
    xxx

Repost or not

It's a good idea.

Just logged it in mine and my brothers phones. As long as we dont collide with each other on a ride - we'll be the first to know.
    "I have this really bad problem with not finishing my..."

Bike
    2005 FZS1000 "Tasha"
    Quote Originally Posted by mazz1972 View Post
    The original post that Joni found is from 2005. I tried the search and it gave me over 51 pages to scroll through....who has time for that?!
    ........................ To those who love to cry "repost" remember not all of us have been around for years and have had time to read every post!
    repost or no, it's useful info
    rest easy -
    some people have nothing better to do ..........
    ... ...

Grass wedges its way between the closest blocks of marble and it brings them down. This power of feeble life which can creep in anywhere is greater than that of the mighty behind their cannons....... - Honore de Balzac

Bike
    Suzuki A50
    Well this now be stickey. And may it be stickey for ever.

and ever.

and ever.

AND EVER!!!

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    Ive had the ICE in my phone for a year already. Plus that I wear army dogtags with my name, blood type, donor statur, next of kin and phone numbers. If anyone is interested in dogtags PM me, i'll give you the address where they make them custom.
    Don't Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly !!!

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    Loud and hoony
    The ICE campaign is a good idea.

But I suggest that the vehement proponents of this sites policy regarding the discussion of accidents think about whether getting a phone call really is that different from seeing it on the public forum. I.e. there will not be a support person, you'll expect the caller to be your partner/close mate/child and may have to shoulder the shock of the news by yourself.
    It is preferential to refrain from the utilisation of grandiose verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualisation can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexicological entities. (...such as the word fuck.)

Remember your humanity, and forget the rest. - Joseph Rotblat

Bike
    Buell Xb12x, SR500

great idea

hope mine never gets used.
    I am Jack's complete lack of remorse .

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikkel View Post
    The ICE campaign is a good idea.

But I suggest that the vehement proponents of this sites policy regarding the discussion of accidents think about whether getting a phone call really is that different from seeing it on the public forum. I.e. there will not be a support person, you'll expect the caller to be your partner/close mate/child and may have to shoulder the shock of the news by yourself.
    I.C.E. is for the emergency services to use , not for you if you are not comfourtable.
    Don't Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly !!!

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    Loud and hoony
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTO View Post
    I.C.E. is for the emergency services to use , not for you if you are not comfourtable.
    Wouldn't change the fact that you'd get the grim news right in your ear-piece in an undetermined environment.

Of course the emergency services could use your number to establish your address and dispatch a unit to relate the news in person.
    It is preferential to refrain from the utilisation of grandiose verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualisation can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexicological entities. (...such as the word fuck.)

Remember your humanity, and forget the rest. - Joseph Rotblat

Bike
    Suzuki A50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikkel View Post
    Wouldn't change the fact that you'd get the grim news right in your ear-piece in an undetermined environment.

Of course the emergency services could use your number to establish your address and dispatch a unit to relate the news in person.
    Yes or so and so has been involved in a crash, needs sugery meet us there.

Bike
    1999 RS250 Aprilia
    Step dad used to work in an A & M and told me bout this after my accident.

Aparantly I told people who to ring when i crashed but im buggered if i can remember doing it

Bike
    Tiger 800
    I use a BlackBerry which company policy locks up the device after 10 mins, so good to change security to allow outgoing calls while locked and add an emergency contact to home screen..

Bike
    red
    great idea!

Bike
    Kawasaki GT 750
    Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    Had this sent from a friend. Sounds like a good idea.
    What do you think?

I think this is a good idea everywhere! Not just the UK.

This was forwarded to me: I think it's a really good idea, especially given Thursdays events

East Anglian Ambulance Service have launched a national "In case of
    Emergency (ICE)" campaign with the support of Falklands war hero Simon
    Weston and in association with Vodafone's annual life savers award.

The idea is that you store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address book and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency". In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital staff will then be able to quickly find out who your next of kin are and be able to contact them.

It's so simple - everyone can do it. Please do. Please will you also forward this to everybody in your address book, it won't take too many forwards' before everybody will know about this.
    Have seen this before on the email circuit... Have worked on ambulance in the past generally it's not something that ambos would have anything to do with (people don't necessarily carry their own phone) - Ambulance don't call next of kin they are usually more focused on the job at hand, but I suppose it can't hurt. Better to make sure you have medic alert ID if you need it!

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    Repost....
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco Dan View Post
    First time ive seen it?

Important enough to be a valid repost in my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colapop View Post
    I realise it's a repost but I didn't bother looking for the original - for shame me!!

If it provides valuable information that helps somebody - I have no regrets. I have but one me to give....
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Good luck getting the keylock off my phone... better off rolling me into the chopper than dicking around with the phone imho. My wallet has my drivers license, they'll figure it out at the hospital. In fact, better yet, don't ring until they know what's wrong with me and how long to fix it
    Quote Originally Posted by Lias View Post
    I've got an ICE in mine but its kinda pointless considering my phone is locked with a security code :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by mstriumph View Post
    yes - i think it's prolly a repost

but it's such a sensible suggestion that who cares if it's posted twice?
    Quote Originally Posted by mstriumph View Post
    repost or no, it's useful info
    rest easy -
    some people have nothing better to do ..........
    I agree, repost or not, there have been a large number of new members of late, who are reposting a heap of stuff about lots of things. The fact there are posters here who haven't heard of it makes it acceptable in my book as a good reminder. I have both ICE and HOME and my phone isn't locked. I also have a wallet ID and Advance Medical Directive outlining my wishes.

Emergency services are no doubt aware of the cellphone number, but will also check wallet/purse, so having both is a good idea.
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    1997 Honda Fireblade, 1975 Suzuki RE5
    Another thing to consider, My wife put my number and her mothers number as "ICE" in her phone. But when either one of us called, her caller display showed up as "ICE" even though I was listed in her contacts seperatley.

So she renamed them "ICE - my name"

Thread Information