Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: ICE mobile phone (In Case of Emergency)

Bike
    My Broomstick
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTO View Post
    Ive had the ICE in my phone for a year already. Plus that I wear army dogtags with my name, blood type, donor statur, next of kin and phone numbers. If anyone is interested in dogtags PM me, i'll give you the address where they make them custom.
    I think both the ICE number and the dog tags are a great idea, We had dog tags made for my daughter who each time we went out put them on just incase she got lost,It's good to know ya loved ones will be looked after in the case of an emergency

Bike
    GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by fergie View Post
    most phones nowadays are so high tech and hard to decipher most people would probably end up calling pizza hut or dial a driver by mistake.
    This I agree with!!!!! I thought it was just me being blonde - I stoked someone else has the same problem
    Burn the rubber not your soul baby!

Bike
    Red 2008 ninja 250r.
    good idea.
    I have all my details written on this card that cane with my wallet.
    ICEcard is a great idea, gives out more info that having ice saved into your phone.

Bike
    Honda VTR 250Y
    Good idea. Something I didn't think about.
    Stored and saved now though!

Bike
    In between
    Quote Originally Posted by prettybillie View Post
    This I agree with!!!!! I thought it was just me being blonde - I stoked someone else has the same problem
    Easy fix buy an I.C.E Card from www.icecard.co.nz for 12 measly bucks! sign up online and pay by credit card....easy as.

Quote Originally Posted by adam1194 View Post
    good idea.
    I have all my details written on this card that cane with my wallet.
    ICEcard is a great idea, gives out more info that having ice saved into your phone.
    Will it be recognis3ed by emergency services or just overlooked - makes you think> Check out the design of I.C.E Card at www.icecard.co.nz was purposfully designed to be recognised no matter which way you put it in your wallet. Take 10 minutes to buy one online - then you have it for ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarkist View Post
    Good idea. Something I didn't think about.
    Stored and saved now though!
    All good to your phone gets smashed or sepperated from you in a crash! or the battery dies or it gets wet!!
    www.icecard.co.nz

I.C.E Card Letting people know!

Bike
    2003 gsxr1300
    done. phone now reads A EST A (ICE)
    cant miss that.
    HOLDEN fan for life.

He's the greatest damn mechanic that you ever have seen,
    Rounding off bolts since the age of 14.

Police Tab to date $940
    Blinder X45 just fitted!!!
    Leveling the playing field

Bike
    SV1000

ICE 'In Case Of Emergency'

Got sent this by E-Mail today. Thought it was a good idea.
    Dunno if this has been up before so, if a 'repost' I don't care.

ICE - 'In Case of Emergency'
    We all carry our mobile phones with name s & numbers stored in its memory but nobody, other than ourselves, knows which of these numbers belong to our closest family or friends.

If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call. Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency? Hence this 'ICE' (In Case of Emergency) Campaign The concept of 'ICE' is catching on quickly. It is a method of co ntact during emergency situations. As cell(mobile) phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name 'ICE' ( In Case Of Emergency).
    The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital Staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialing the number you have stored as 'ICE.'
    For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc. A great idea that will make a difference!
    Let's spread the concept of ICE by storing an ICE number in ourMobile phones today!
    P lease forward this. It won't take too many 'forwards' before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest. ICE will speak for you when you are not able to.

Bike
    2013 BMW R1200 GSA
    Dont know????
    My daughters phone had "ICE" on it and not mum or dad, i have asked a lot of people and no one else knew what it meant, maybe the emergency service know but if i picked some kid up off the tarmac i would never had been able to find the right number to call and nether would anyone else i know.
    Reading all the messages on this thread a lot of us had never heard of it as well.
    Waste of time?? added confusion??
    Dunno
    but my daughter changed hers back to mum and dad.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Just save a number for 'Mum and Dad' as well as 'ICE'. I have Home, (Wife) and ICE all saved in my cell. All the same number.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    In between
    Okay, so the ICE concept is a great one - however there are inherant problems with phones! Reading through here people are confused about the whats, hows and wheres etc.

I am a former emergency service worker, I still have friends in EMS and ride a bike! Your phone can and most likely will get smashed in an off - its useless. If it gets sepperated from you in a crash ie falls out of your pocket or for the cagers among us stick it in the dash and it flies 1/2 a mile down the road - it can't be tied to you - its useless. If it has a PIN lock, or battery is flat - its useless.

I.C.E Card www.icecard.co.nz is a printed card you put in your wallet the first place they will look to ID you, it has the poeple YOU want contacted printed on it, not your ex, not your frail mother, not your crazy aunt. Think about how hard it is to find NOK when you have a blended family with different names?? Its bright - its designed for recognition and most importantly it was designed by a biker in light of a bike accident! I

Its not a scap of paper to be missed, get wet and crusty! Its simple and its cheap - but the biggest problem is....... no one will fork out $12 measly bucks because no one wants to believe "it" can happen to them, I understand that but reality bites then its too late! Get one stick it in your wallet then forget about it - it'll be there IF you need it. Just like insurance - people don't have a problem paying for that!
    www.icecard.co.nz

I.C.E Card Letting people know!

Bike
    2009 Suzuki DR650
    I've got one on my cell phone .... it dials my local Chinese Take-away!

If you're all busted up and damaged ..... there's no sense in being hungry as well !!!!

But seriously ... I.C.E. is a very good idea! (and no disrespect meant at all.)
    Last edited by Gizzit; 18th March 2009 at 08:53. Reason: qualifying statement ... agreeing totally with the idea!

Bike
    2021 Ducati Monster Plus
    Blog Entries

Cool

I put the missus in my phone under ICE, now ICE comes up when ever she calls me, quite appropriate really

Bike
    HD
    Hi
    It's a good idea.

Just logged it in mine and my brothers phones.

Bike
    1980 Suzuki GS1000 and 1983 Suzuki GR650
    saw on the net (ebay I think) dogtag/memory stick which had all particulars on, being marketed main part could be accessed by all on any computer only could be updated witha password!
    Boys can't ride broken toys.

Bike
    92 Yamaha FJ1430A
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wickle View Post
    saw on the net (ebay i think) dogtag/memory stick which had all particulars on, being marketed main part could be accessed by all on any computer only could be updated witha password!
    not waterproof though ..i looked at them myself.. I carry an sd card in my wallet instead now
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

SARGE
    represented by GCM

Thread Information