Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: ICE mobile phone (In Case of Emergency)

Bike
    2005 Repsol CBR1000RR
    I'm of mixed opinion...I have I.C.E programmed into my phone but my phone is the new Nokia touch phone and the general person wouldn't even be able to figure out how to get to it. Having read through here, I'm going to invest in some dogtags with blood type, donor, NOK, etc on them. I think that's a great idea. Although hopefully its never needed, whether you ride or not, when you have family it pays to be prepared. Ride safe everyone.

Bike
    05 CB1300
    well just added my i.c.e to my mobile also put home in my mobile. never thought bout that. Darn good idea mate. when i had my last bike accident i was lucky to be able to call home myself on way to hospital.
    "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

Bike
    2014 Ducati Diavel
    I cant believe that people on here are bothering with ICE on their phone. And I especially cant believe the memory stick idea... how many people have a computer at the scene of a crash and think "oh, i will just see if this memory stick works in my laptop cos it might have details on it"...?

OMG

The ICE card concept is a brilliant idea. Bright as, sits in your wallet where all ID is kept and to add ease for Emergency Services it has added extras that can be purchased such as visual aid keyrings etc that will alert those at the scene to the fact you have an ICE card in your wallet.

Seriously people... check out icecard.co.nz. Its worth every cent.

And no... I dont own the business.
    www.albeephoto.blogspot.com

DuuuuuCaaaaaaTiiiiiiiiiiii

Bike
    1998 Suzuki RF900
    I put in my parents home as ICE 1 and then their cells a mum - ICE 2 etc. Then the ambo's have more than 1 number to try

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    My I.C.E number would be 111.

Sod piss arse-ing around trying to call someone, Get me to a fricken hospital ASAP.
    Worry about telling my family and friends later. Either be good news or bad news but at
    least they aint sitting around worrying themselves.

Having a tag that says stuff like bloodtype alergies and such is probably the best one so far.
    Practical usefull information right of the bat for the ambo crew.
    White Trash Pearls of Wisdom #2654 - Refering to yourself in the 3rd person: The only thing gayer, would be being caught handcuffed around a public toilet bowl, an apple stuffed in your mouth and George Michael administering an epic caneing to your exposed cheeks while Boy George documents the event on a handicam.

Bike
    1998 Suzuki RF900
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyegasm View Post

Sod piss arse-ing around trying to call someone, Get me to a fricken hospital ASAP.
    Worry about telling my family and friends later. Either be good news or bad news but at

Having a tag that says stuff like bloodtype alergies and such is probably the best one so far.
    LOL. I kinda agree with you there eyegasm

Bike
    In between
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyegasm View Post

111 is a bit of a givin, of course people are going to ring 111 first, the idea of ICE is to notify your family and friends. Yeah they will contact them later - but how long is later..... on average it takes five hours to locate next of kin, you could be dead by then! If your not awake to tell them, and you dont have phone numbers or an address on you it all takes time to locate your family. What if their not at home and they can't find a alternative.

Anyways, people who see sense in ICE will use an ICE product.
    www.icecard.co.nz

I.C.E Card Letting people know!

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN250
    Done thanks! Ride safe

Bike
    A
    My solution is low tech. Sticker on top of helmet shows name, drivers licence number, blood group and ICE phone number.
    Oh, I've also done the hi-tech USB stick thingy attached to bike keyring, although that's a European idea and NZ might take a few years to catch up with that one....

Bike
    1999 Suzuki Bandit 600
    I think there are several other ways to find out the phone number of your family in a case of emergency. I also think that not a lot people are participating in that ICE stuff. The question is also if they would really look up in your phone the ICE number on the way to hospital... I'm not sure if that has first priority

Bike
    '09 Bandit
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    Had this sent from a friend. Sounds like a good idea.
    What do you think?

I think this is a good idea everywhere! Not just the UK.

This was forwarded to me: I think it's a really good idea, especially given Thursdays events

East Anglian Ambulance Service have launched a national "In case of
    Emergency (ICE)" campaign with the support of Falklands war hero Simon
    Weston and in association with Vodafone's annual life savers award.

The idea is that you store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address book and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency". In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital staff will then be able to quickly find out who your next of kin are and be able to contact them.

It's so simple - everyone can do it. Please do. Please will you also forward this to everybody in your address book, it won't take too many forwards' before everybody will know about this.
    It would be OK if someone could access the number without having to determine the PIN for the phone in the same way devices do it for the 111 number
    Nostalgia isn't what it used to be - (Anon)

Bike
    KTM 350 SX-F
    I can really appreciate why there is so much resistance to the concept of the ICE number, it is very hard to do and practically makes your phone unusable. In fact, due to the pin swipe systems on modern smart phones, it could actually put lives at danger, as the emergency services all stand around and try and figure out the pretty pattern they have to follow to unlock your Galaxy S2, rather than attending to the cut artery in your leg.

For fecks sake, considering how easy it is to do and how little impact will have on your daily life, is it really that hard to do? Who gives a toss if it's never used, in fact I hope it isn't. I have an ICE number in my phone, took me 10 seconds to do, 3 years ago. That's all the effort it took.

Bike
    07 kx250f
    when ever i ride i usually put my phone in my bag, seeing as my motorcross pants have no pockets. no phone. no ride. thats the way i put it. never had this ICE contact in my phone before. going to put it in my phone now.

Bike
    2003 Suzuki SV650
    Nice idea, I haven't heard of untill now. Simple but probably not practicle on a locked phone. You could probably set it up as the background of your lock screen though. Or personalised pet tag key ring with contact number, blood type and donor status?

Bike
    2003 Suzuki SV650
    Just had a look in the android app store, its there for $6 and can be accessed from your phone when locked, looks like it could give first responders quite a bit of info, I'll post if its shit once its downloaded.

Thread Information