Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: ICE mobile phone (In Case of Emergency)

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedsv View Post
    Nice idea, I haven't heard of untill now. Simple but probably not practicle on a locked phone. You could probably set it up as the background of your lock screen though. Or personalised pet tag key ring with contact number, blood type and donor status?
    Love the pet tag key ring idea
    My phone is not locked, but the thought that everytime my ICE contact person calls me I will be greeted with ICE on the screen doesn't sound very inviting.

Bike
    2003 Suzuki SV650
    Turns out you need android 4.2 or higher so no go on my phone

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    I've got the ICE no. on my phone, but I do think that a card in your wallet with details on it is far more accessible. Or your ICE details on your bike key ring.

As an ex ambulance officer, I never mucked about wasting time checking anyones phone or wallet. I dealt with the patient first. The police are the ones to contact next of kin etc, and they can usually track your address from your car or bike rego no quicker than going through a cell ph. When a patient arrives at a hospital, the staff there can contact family members.

Suprising how many conscious patients dont want anyone contacted untill they knew how bad their injuries were and just what was wrong with them.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    2013 Honda CBR 250R
    Great idea, thanks for the thread. I have added ICE to those that I would wish to know, now I just hope that it never has to be actually used...

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    I've got the ICE no. on my phone, but I do think that a card in your wallet with details on it is far more accessible. Or your ICE details on your bike key ring.

As an ex ambulance officer, I never mucked about wasting time checking anyones phone or wallet. I dealt with the patient first. The police are the ones to contact next of kin etc, and they can usually track your address from your car or bike rego no quicker than going through a cell ph. When a patient arrives at a hospital, the staff there can contact family members.
    Hm, I live alone. So no one would be any wiser even if it takes them only 2 minutes to find out my address. So I really hope they will look for other things too. Got a an engraved tag now with emergency contacts on it. Not exactly sure where to put it though. The bike key ring is a possibility but I'm not sure anyone would check that. So far I just keep it in my jacket pocket as I'm not always carrying a wallet around.

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Live alone and don't always carry a wallet...that's living the life

Just a slight tangent on this....

How about letting someone know when you go out for a ride, where you're going and agree to txt them at intervals? That way if something happens someone can start looking (you could be over a fence, in a ditch, or up a gravel road in the boondocks). A bit like going tramping or sailing.

If you are commuting to work etc...then people would know you aren't where you should be and can try and contact you in the first place.

I've had one nasty crash; my phone was in the underseat compartment and was trashed. Had it been in my leathers it would have ben trashed. I was awake so I gave my details when I arrived at hospital. I assisted at a fatal bike crash; nobody was concerned with who he was, just focused on trying to save his life.
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    We have gps on are bikes .sure u chould add one easy enough.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    We have gps on are bikes .sure u chould add one easy enough.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk
    Not quite a 10 year dredge.

Thread Information