Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Good service vs bad service. Stories?

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Got to give the guys at Town & Country Motorcycles in Kerikeri the big ups. Independents in a small town trying to stay afloat. They go above & beyond in their service trying to compete with bigger & cheaper suppliers. Always got good advice, time to take the p!$$ & stand by there work unless your a f-wit expecting miracles in which case you get diplomatic honesty. Used them happily for a long time now.

Can't say I've ever had "bad" service anywhere, just reticent or un-involved.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Arranged for a bike to be picked up at 2pm. Come 2:30 no one had arrived so we rang them up.

"Oh yeah here it is in the book 2PM. You still want it picked up? Ok we will send someone around now"

Annoying because I took time off work to be there when they were meant to arrive.

Bike
    Yamaha SRX400
    North Harbour Yamaha

Ian the spare parts man knows his stuff and it makes such a differerence when you go in with some half-arsed description of what you want.

Bike
    A
    Wellington Motorcycles

For me it's quite simple, professional service and I'm kept informed, whether it's about parts I've ordered or bike servicing. Some may say I can save money by going elsewhere, I say I don't care, got no reason to change.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Some may say I can save money by going elsewhere, I say I don't care, got no reason to change.
    Yep! Why would you go somewhere cheaper when you get excellent service at your regular workshop?

Bike
    The Griso
    Pitlane out country Darfield. Never been unhappy, totally awesome service everytime.

I loath bad service, and will do my very best never to return if it is given.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Crikey that's no good. Did you get hold of us to let us know about it?
    Nah. Easier to whinge.

Mind you, if I'm pissed off I sometimes cut my losses and change shops, but then I can't recall that happening with a bike shop.

Oh hang on, there was this one time in 1975..
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    None any more
    Bad story? Aprilia New Zealand Ltd (Triumph New Zealand Ltd in drag). Fuckers.

Good story? Too many to list. With few exceptions, most motorcycle retailers I've ever dealt with have given excellent service.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Nah. Easier to whinge.

Mind you, if I'm pissed off I sometimes cut my losses and change shops, but then I can't recall that happening with a bike shop.

Oh hang on, there was this one time in 1975..
    Are you calling me a winger?

I did have a chat with the workshop manager, one grumpy old engineer to a young engineer, if you know what I mean.
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    I did have a chat with the workshop manager, one grumpy old engineer to a young engineer, if you know what I mean.
    What was the outcome? Without wishing to sound rude...as an engineer, how did you manage to travel all the way home before realising your front axle was loose?

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    What was the outcome? Without wishing to sound rude...as an engineer, how did you manage to travel all the way home before realising your front axle was loose?
    Its a harly-how would you tell?!!!! Sorry..couldnt resist!

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Well i guess might just had a arugment or bad day who knows did they get bike fixed and you rode of
    whoudint just say from one experiece , and there also that thye did a good job and looked after the bike
    i had this from bike shops depends thye might had someone pushing to get there bike done first. the swearing in front of you no that flash but least wasint at you. give them another chance dude

Quote Originally Posted by Jabman View Post
    Christchurch - Booked in a tyre to get repaired at 2 pm.........Showed up at 2pm........guy said, "oh really, NOW? I was about to have my lunch". The other guy grumbled.... "Fuck, now I will have to do it....after I finish my lunch"... Thanks for your help guys

Where has the customer service gone?

Do you have some good and bad stories about customer service?

Bike
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Crikey that's no good. Did you get hold of us to let us know about it?
    id thought you should tell them this happned then can do someting about not happeing again as how esle can anyone learn
    saying that we all humans must been over looked you whoudint under do tighting a bolt unless it was damaged tread
    and worked loose or over tighted and semi striped impact worked in semi loose. well done hearing the sounds and working it out

Bike
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

i agree with you i did the same in christchurch in early 80s bike shop i brought from hollands i was please to be treated well
    they had biggish staff and there got pay there bills too but got exellent service from them
    in general i think motorcycle cummunity is small and people run the bike shops are there because like bikes
    so thats good thing in a way in boom times maybe 70s yeah guess where few people just after the bucks
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Wellington Motorcycles

For me it's quite simple, professional service and I'm kept informed, whether it's about parts I've ordered or bike servicing. Some may say I can save money by going elsewhere, I say I don't care, got no reason to change.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Good to hear lots of positive stories.

Thread Information