Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ladies, how is your slow speed control?

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1

slow skills

Planning another slow speed session, on this Saturday, if anyone is interested.This will be a mixed session. Depending on numbers, it will either take place at Orewa, or Massey. This will include, but not necessarily limited to, approaching intersections, roundabouts, hill starts, U-turns, slalom.
    I had 3 ladies on the morning of the 28th, who found out that riding slowly is an art that takes concentration, and skill.

If anyone has anything else that they would like to see covered in a training session, then please let me know, and I am sure we can sort it out.
    Limited places on the ACC subsidised courses. First come first served..
    Tricia
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Next course is hopefully on the 7th January.. are you available??
    Tricia
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    Definitely interested in something like this. I thoroughly enjoyed the gymkhana organised by kiwifruit and katman a couple of months ago although completed it on a scooter rather than a motorbike. The low speed manouvering I found too tricky on a bike (which admittedly wasn't my own) - highlighted my need of improving this aspect of my riding. Got heaps better on the scooter as the morning progressed, but still wasn't game enough to take on the course on katman's katana. Am away until into the new year but would be interested to know more.
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

Bike
    Nothing at the moment :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia1000 View Post
    Planning another slow speed session, on this Saturday, if anyone is interested.This will be a mixed session. Depending on numbers, it will either take place at Orewa, or Massey. This will include, but not necessarily limited to, approaching intersections, roundabouts, hill starts, U-turns, slalom.
    Can't make this one either due to work I am still keen though. Will keep an eye on this thread for future sessions.

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Next session being held is tomorrow morning, 7th January at 11 am.
    If you are interested, please contact me ASAP, to reserve a place.
    May need to do another one for 9 am as well.
    Tricia
    021 2693246

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia1000 View Post
    I had 3 ladies on the morning of the 28th, who found out that riding slowly is an art that takes concentration, and skill.

If anyone has anything else that they would like to see covered in a training session, then please let me know, and I am sure we can sort it out.
    Limited places on the ACC subsidised courses. First come first served..
    Tricia

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Definitely keen. What if the weather is crap (as supposedly forecast)? If it's on regardless, I'll still be happy to come.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    If the weather isn't great, we will still go ahead, unless it is appalling weather.
    It is important that if the training is hard, then the rest is easy. Wear rain gear.......
    According to the forecast I saw earlier today, the wet weather is supposed to come tomorrow night, so fingers crossed....

Tricia1000
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    Definitely keen. What if the weather is crap (as supposedly forecast)? If it's on regardless, I'll still be happy to come.

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Haha, only got your text once I'd pulled up outside the office wondering why it all looked quiet! It's hard to tell just how bad the weather has to get before things are cancelled/postponed, and although the rain was pretty well set-in when I left Manurewa I thought it might still have been ok up your way.

Had a coffee at the Windmill shop then headed back home. The weather was a good test for my wet weather gear (kathmandu over- jacket and pants, which must be at least 5 years old already). Despite the over gear getting drenched my leathers were still pretty dry by the time I got home. Good to know my gear still has some life left in it!
    Not sure if I can make next weekend, will have to check.

p.s. got plenty of low-speed riding practice between going round a nose-to-tail in Orewa and the congested traffic on the motorway, especially approaching the harbour bridge southbound.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1

Sunday 15th, 2 different courses: Basic Handling skills and then slow speed control

Hi there,
    Having a BHS session at Massey in Albany on Sunday. Taking bookings for that.
    Whilst I am down there, I might as well do another slow speed controls session. this course is $50 for two hours, so well worth it. (Thanks ACC)Imagine being able to move away, and approach lights and intersections with absolute full control, and stability. Nothing worse than seeing a motorcyclist in slow moving traffic, doing a Fred Flinstone impersonation............ Plus, it will help sooo much with your execution of the dreaded U-Turn on the test.......

If interested, let me know ASAP. First come, first served.
    Tricia1000
    Roadcraft School of Motorcycling Ltd.,
    www.rcsom.co.nz
    021 2693246
    p.s. got plenty of low-speed riding practice between going round a nose-to-tail in Orewa and the congested traffic on the motorway, especially approaching the harbour bridge southbound.[/QUOTE]

Thread Information