Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Race numbers at Nationals

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Quote Originally Posted by RDjase View Post
    Is the no 3 digit rule only for national Classes? and Ok of support classes?
    Not sure mate but that is the main reason I changed from #180. To comply.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    still counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Yes - I've raised this with MNZ and they don't want to interfere, despite their own rules not being complied with.

I havent heard from you Deano - who did you contact ?

Bike
    suzuki
    Hey Deano, maybe the 'other' guys from Gore and only got that amount of fingers eh?
    at the end of the day the whole first ten numbers thing is an effort to make the sport more profeesional and so the public can work a couple of things out themselves so lets try and make it work, folks.
    spyda

Bike
    All sorted !!

Should never have been an issue in the first place though

At least it seems to have prompted better communication between MNZ and clubs regarding race number allocations.

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    All sorted !!

Should never have been an issue in the first place though

At least it seems to have prompted better communication between MNZ and clubs regarding race number allocations.
    Awesome!!! So next year will we be sorting out No 1 for ya????

Regarding the communication between MNZ and the clubs,We shouldnt have too contact them on a matter like this,They have the same access to the rules everybody else does and if theyre organising a meeting run under an MNZ permit then those are the rules they need to know and abide by,We have enough to do without following them around making sure they do the job properly!!!!

If youve got a problem or a question dont hesitate too contact somebody from the relevant commission and we'll sort asap.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Awesome!!! So next year will we be sorting out No 1 for ya????

Regarding the communication between MNZ and the clubs,We shouldnt have too contact them on a matter like this,They have the same access to the rules everybody else does and if theyre organising a meeting run under an MNZ permit then those are the rules they need to know and abide by,We have enough to do without following them around making sure they do the job properly!!!!

If youve got a problem or a question dont hesitate too contact somebody from the relevant commission and we'll sort asap.
    Appreciate your support Billy.

Yeah I'm gunning for number 1 alright !!

Do you have a confirmed entry list (or know where I can access one ) for the first round so I can see who I am up against ?

I'm picking Nick Southerwood and Robbie Stokes to be up with the front runners.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Appreciate your support Billy.

Yeah I'm gunning for number 1 alright !!

Do you have a confirmed entry list (or know where I can access one ) for the first round so I can see who I am up against ?

I'm picking Nick Southerwood and Robbie Stokes to be up with the front runners.
    No I dont sorry,Only numbers entered,Try Ian at NZSBK Hes the series co ordinator

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Guess what fuckers, without competitors, the event doesn't exist either. They're supporting YOUR club, not vice versa. Do the fucking job you put your hand up to do and do it properly.
    Taken a double dose of arrogant pills that day Jimmy? Hope there's some good excuse as that's just bad sportsmanship that statement.
    These people are volunteers, doing it in their own time and doing the best that they can, true they can make mistakes but a man who never made mistakes is a man who never did anything, after all...
    As for the day if i'm commentating one will be number nine and the other will have and upside down six on their bike, just depends on who bribes me the best really.

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    Nevermind the size and font. There might be 2 #9's at the Nationals in the same class but one club doesn't think it is a big deal. I got a very condecending e-mail from them who said to take it up with MNZ.
    Thinking laterally, how do you feel about being 9a? Just add an extra letter ...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    Thinking laterally, how do you feel about being 9a? Just add an extra letter ...
    No need to think laterally thanks. Abiding by the rules is the way to go.

No need to amend my kids shirts then either.

Anyway - all sorted now.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Without looking to stir the pot up here. What actually is the rule regarding race numbers PERIOD?
    I was -perhaps incorrectly under the impression that if you recieve an MNZ issued race number for a race class then that number is yours in that class for the season. Regardless of the location nation wide or the club organising the event
    In essence any dispute regarding numbers is to be resolved by refering back to the simple question "who has been issued that number by MNZ?"
    Am I incorrect in believing that this is the case?
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Taken a double dose of arrogant pills that day Jimmy? Hope there's some good excuse as that's just bad sportsmanship that statement.
    These people are volunteers, doing it in their own time and doing the best that they can, true they can make mistakes but a man who never made mistakes is a man who never did anything, after all...
    Nah mate, just double Heinekin dose. The delivery was possibly a little blunt, and for that I apologise but stand by the underlying message.

For example, is a volunteer perfectly justified in telling a competitor to essentially piss off, he's got bigger problems than the competitors query to deal with, just because he's a volunteer?
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    A fast one
    Wrong thread i know.................BUT
    I started life as a Marshall at 15.....(yes..1981.......old f@*KER) i was trained / then re-embirshed (expenses) per meeting.
    I then became crew / racer / crew / racer / team financier...etc.......poor.
    Point is............. racing in NZ is probebly some of cheapest in the world......... dont start the economy thing! Motorsport is expensive..wherever you live.
    IMHO entries should be raised (and it wouldnt be much) to allow proper training and payment of raceday staff ( yes most do it for the "love" but lives are at risk )
    I would be more than happy to pay an increase in entries to have qualified marshalls/staff on board on all racedays (clerk of course/race directoir/cheif steward) are all MNZ accredited so why not flag point crews.
    NO dis-respect for current helpers as YOU are the "NUTS" and i applaud you ALL,
    Rant over.......... feel free to move this post (moderators) if its a little off topic.

Bike
    A fast one
    I'll be running number 1 next year anyway !![/QUOTE]

Like ya positive thinking Deano...
    Bryan Hil - Robbie Stokes - Camaron Moir - Ants Singer - to name some...... will be making it a well earned victory.

Bike
    still counting
    Quote Originally Posted by SWERVE View Post
    Wrong thread i know.................BUT
    I started life as a Marshall at 15.....(yes..1981.......old f@*KER) i was trained / then re-embirshed (expenses) per meeting.
    I then became crew / racer / crew / racer / team financier...etc.......poor.
    Point is............. racing in NZ is probebly some of cheapest in the world......... dont start the economy thing! Motorsport is expensive..wherever you live.
    IMHO entries should be raised (and it wouldnt be much) to allow proper training and payment of raceday staff ( yes most do it for the "love" but lives are at risk )
    I would be more than happy to pay an increase in entries to have qualified marshalls/staff on board on all racedays (clerk of course/race directoir/cheif steward) are all MNZ accredited so why not flag point crews.
    NO dis-respect for current helpers as YOU are the "NUTS" and i applaud you ALL,
    Rant over.......... feel free to move this post (moderators) if its a little off topic.
    Merv - MNZ HAS a Flag Marshall training course: a lot have availed themselves of the opportunity, but as yet, not all.
    The plan is for all Officials, be they Stewards, Clerk of Course, Flaggies etc etc to be singing from the same hymn book
    Anyone interested in training should ask at their next Club meeting when the next Training session in their area will be held

Cheers
    Buddha

Thread Information