Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool riding photos of KB Adv inmates

Bike
    GSXR1000
    You can attach files of almost any size, no dramas there. But embedded images are to be no larger than 640x480 and 100kb. Learn how to use the technology rather than abusing those that help run the site.

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    Um I got an infraction. I reckon if anyone mentions vegetables this thread is going stright to PD
    I mentioned vegtables once, but I think i got away with it
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    You can attach files of almost any size, no dramas there. But embedded images are to be no larger than 640x480 and 100kb. Learn how to use the technology rather than abusing those that help run the site.
    Thats a bit strong..I don't see anyone getting abused here? to clean out a thread like this along with issuing tickets the morning after christmas to be fair, is likely to attract some comment. There are alot worse things to worry about in the world at 6am boxing day morning, like when to put ya unwanted prezzies in TM for instance. Nevertheless rules are rules I spose
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    KLR650 WR450
    its funny how people who rarely post in this forum suddenly become opinionated experts

perhaps the website rules should reflect the needs/want of its users not stay buried in the 1990's

most of the long lived/interesting threads (ie - those with lots of photos which keep people like me who have a short attention span coming back again and again) end up over on advrider to the detriment of kiwibiker.

it somtimes seems this place actively tries to discourage long term participation by enforcing inappropriate rules that frustrate the very people the site was designed to cater to.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Technically, they're only strongly recommended to be no larger than 640x480 100kb.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by marks View Post
    its funny how people who rarely post in this forum suddenly become opinionated experts

perhaps the website rules should reflect the needs/want of its users not stay buried in the 1990's

most of the long lived/interesting threads (ie - those with lots of photos which keep people like me who have a short attention span coming back again and again) end up over on advrider to the detriment of kiwibiker.

it somtimes seems this place actively tries to discourage long term participation by enforcing inappropriate rules that frustrate the very people the site was designed to cater to.
    Opinionated experts? Been here since almost day one, been a moderator for years, senior moderator for about a year, now helping the senior moderator team behind the scenes for about the last two years whilst still having full moderator responsibilities. I think that makes me an expert on running this site. Now if you think the rules need to be looked at, voice your concerns to either mental_trousers or SpankMe. But don't get your panties in a twist when you get reminded of the current rules.

Like I said, embedded images are restricted to 640x480 and 100kb, attached images are almost restriction free.

Have a nice day.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Technically, they're only strongly recommended to be no larger than 640x480 100kb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Site Rules
    Embedded Images Size
    Many site members still use dialup connection and large images can take too long to load. It is strongly recommended that images be attachments rather than embedded. A URL can be used to attach an image to a post in the same way as attaching a file.
    Maximum Picture Size: 640 pixels x 480 pixels
    Maximum Picture File Size: 100kb
    Read it again. It is recommended that all images are attached rather than embedded, however if you want to embed an image there are restrictions on the size.

Bike
    1988 xrv650
    Here's one from 1989. Riding a DR600 in the Algerian Sahara.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sahara 1989 001.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	292.6 KB 
ID:	253534  

Bike
    KLR650 WR450
    Opinionated experts? Been here since almost day one, been a moderator for years, senior moderator for about a year, now helping the senior moderator team behind the scenes for about the last two years whilst still having full moderator responsibilities. I think that makes me an expert on running this site. Now if you think the rules need to be looked at, voice your concerns to either mental_trousers or SpankMe. But don't get your panties in a twist when you get reminded of the current rules.

Like I said, embedded images are restricted to 640x480 and 100kb, attached images are almost restriction free.

Have a nice day.
    please forgive me for expressing an opinion or starting a thread that may of been of interest to other adv riders

I'll try and not let it happen again

Bike
    GSXR1000
    My god man. The rules are there for a reason. Shall we just ignore them? You'd be ok with cruiser riders starting threads in the off-road section? How about cookie recipes?

Bike
    91 R80GS
    why do forums such as kiwibiker start?
    How do they start?
    Why do they continue?
    How do they pay for themselves?
    Do they make a profit?
    Are they a business as such?
    Are they run from a big room somewhere or a computor in someones back room?
    Why is it no problem for a site like advrider to have heaps of good pics & kiwibiker can't?

Not metaphorically gathering any ammo or loading any guns or anything but I'm genuinely interested.

BTW might as well move this to PD or rant & rave as it kinda taints the adv forum really
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    Might aswell be in P.D. now, what good is a photo thread with out pics

(waits for ADVrider vs. K.B. rant)
    There were so many oversize pics that I did consider moving the thread to PD. Instead, the pics were good ones so I've left the thread right here and anyone can edit their posts and upload the pics back into them, but at the correct size.
    Time to ride

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Are you such sad cunt that you have to stir shit in threads in which have no interest? Get a fucking life.
    It's not even a good photo. Far too much dead space up top.

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Did someone mention cookie recipes???

Thread Information