Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Race chassis

Bike
    1996 Buell S1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d'marge View Post
    They were the biz back then , mate had a 900ss with astros , , Me I went old school and went boranis

Stephen
    Boranis I could only dream about those

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    Fantastic!

You should have a yack to Cazy Man on here.
    not crazyman hes crazy! here is one of mine with a nc30 in it 125 size bike
    http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoser...27862_full.jpg

Bike
    1996 Buell S1
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    not crazyman hes crazy! here is one of mine with a nc30 in it 125 size bike
    http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoser...27862_full.jpg
    That's a thing of beauty and looks way more difficult than the Waddon to build

Bike
    Exercycle
    I'm pretty sure the Westoby's in timaru had a waddon/EMC/rotax similar to that one.

They built a yamaha 100 powered bucket with a copy frame too - a friend of mine bought it a few years back but had to wait to pick it up until they'd made a new seat/tank unit as they'd simply switched the 125 unit between bikes.
    They had access to a mould for that unit.

I do spine frames for the aermacchi replicas - not surprised that what was felt as front end chatter came from the rear...they are "different " to set up.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I do spine frames for the aermacchi replicas -
    Please tell us more ...

Bike
    I just lost count
    Man all of this talk has got me thinking about frames again, and a sudden desire to run out and buy a welder and start making a new frame for my FXR slug.

For the record Qkkid was in my bed, not the other way round

Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Pumba is a wise man.

Bike
    1996 Buell S1
    I do spine frames for the aermacchi replicas - not surprised that what was felt as front end chatter came from the rear...they are "different " to set up.[/QUOTE]

It took me and the builder ages to figure that out but it was a nice bike to ride after

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Westoby's in timaru had a waddon/EMC/rotax similar to that one.

They built a yamaha 100 powered bucket with a copy frame too - a friend of mine bought it a few years back but had to wait to pick it up until they'd made a new seat/tank unit as they'd simply switched the 125 unit between bikes.
    They had access to a mould for that unit.

I do spine frames for the aermacchi replicas - not surprised that what was felt as front end chatter came from the rear...they are "different " to set up.
    l glad you have said about front end chatter l made the frame for glen willams svr650 and have what he thinks front end chatter! at the back of mind l'v have thought it could be the rear so will need to talk to him about that now

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    Quote Originally Posted by cotswold View Post
    That's a thing of beauty and looks way more difficult than the Waddon to build
    it did take a 3-4 months to build but now sorted should get more sorted a lot faster. my brother cant wait to get it back on the track. handing like a dream now one little thing changed the bike big time

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by cotswold View Post
    I think I can still get the dimensions but no promises on that one.
    I'm all ears, dude. If there's a chance to build 3 or 4 you'd jig up for it, the cost to build wouldn't be too bad at all.

18swg Reynalds 531 would be good for all the tube there I take it? 2mm corten for the gussets?
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    what kind of things did you do to remove the chatter from what was thought to be the front end to the rear?

Bike
    Exercycle
    The Macchis - both original and replica frames are noted for front end patter if the rear spring rate is too high or the compression damping is too stiff. It's aggravated by the motors rotating "backwards"...to get them to put the (limited) power down we run a lot of swingarm droop.
    It's not frame flex - OE frames spines are 65mm OD X 6 mm wall ---yes, six millimeters.... My replicas are 3 inch OD 2 mm wall.
    Either are plenty stiff enough.
    frame weight is not bad either...one of mine was weighed at a Post Classic meet at Manfield a few years back - 215 lb with a gallon or so of fuel on board....not bad for a 350 pushrod single.

I can't post pics here - my internet is very basic. a number of the ChCh bucket guys know who i am. Could be interested in frames, maybe.

Materials - i use seamless MS same as Ray breingan and others in NZ - reynolds tube aint easy to get - or cheap.

Bike
    1996 Buell S1
    [QUOTE=Ocean1;1130221521]I'm all ears, dude. If there's a chance to build 3 or 4 you'd jig up for it, the cost to build wouldn't be too bad at all.

I have sent off a couple of e mails and if I hear anything will let you know. One was to Keith and I gave him the forum details so watch this space

Bike
    1996 Buell S1
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    what kind of things did you do to remove the chatter from what was thought to be the front end to the rear?
    In my case we had tried almost every thing else and it was only a throw away comment by another rider that started us looking at the rear

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    thanks guys pays to have a open mind on these matters. this case it chatters when you back of around fast corners. l know this it a diffient type of frame but worth a look

Thread Information