Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Race chassis

Bike
    husaberg
    Supposedly this one was from NZ as well any ideas?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4629_zps1f6b42ee.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	166.5 KB 
ID:	311503

Where is Dave, his mate had a Rotax powered tandem as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Supposedly this one was from NZ as well any ideas?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4629_zps1f6b42ee.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	166.5 KB 
ID:	311503

I think that's the bike ex christchurch the guy refers to in the letter husa. I've certainly seen it many times over the years at BEARS meetings etc.
    I think Graham Harris may have owned it at one point - He may have been the last ChCh owner.
    Don't know who built it, may have been the ex Tony Maxwell one which i always thought was framed by someone in Wgtn.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I think Graham Harris may have owned it at one point - He may have been the last ChCh owner
    Graeme owned it around the early to mid nineties because someone I knew was looking at buying it off him then, pretty sure Hugh Reynolds raced it at SOT around the same time but not sure who owned it at the time
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    husaberg
    I think that's the bike ex christchurch the guy refers to in the letter husa. I've certainly seen it many times over the years at BEARS meetings etc.
    I think Graham Harris may have owned it at one point - He may have been the last ChCh owner.
    Don't know who built it, may have been the ex Tony Maxwell one which i always thought was framed by someone in Wgtn.
    I should have been a little clearer it was the other bike mentioned in the other thread it takes ages to open so don't Greg.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    husaberg
    Bump

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    So I think Aussies run pre 80 rather than pre 82 like we do. I was investigating a mates bike & I think is was an Aussie P&R in square section ally, but I rang them & sadly it was 83. Originally designed for a TZ250/350 it was fitted with a 256 Rotax, pity, one year crosses the line from competitive in 82 to nowhere in 89 a less covered class.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Yeah yea I was going to visit him tonight to get out of the house, ended up at Katie's checking out the RS-GP125 build which is looking and sounding good.

Ex Maxwell I think and Dave Hicks perhaps. It was also ex Holden but reframed with an Aussie crowd called two letters like H&E or something like. They largely did TZ frames but I rang them and they remembered this one. Sadly it was made at best 83, maybe 84 so not pre82 eligible. I lost interest as we don't have a real bears club in the norf.
    Edit oh yeah just read the quote above, maybe P&R.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    razor scooter(pink)
    Lech Budniak owns this bike here in Australia now. Don't think he's raced it (too afraid it will go much faster than a Yamaha). With slicks,brakes and suspension the same as P6 bikes the Rotax will be faster. Back in the day 250 Armstrongs beat TZ350's at Bathurst many times

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by 2T Institute View Post
    Lech Budniak owns this bike here in Australia now. Don't think he's raced it (too afraid it will go much faster than a Yamaha). With slicks,brakes and suspension the same as P6 bikes the Rotax will be faster. Back in the day 250 Armstrongs beat TZ350's at Bathurst many times
    Tell him not to worry about beating Yamahas - unless someone who knows what they're doing has been into the motor, that one won't beat yams...
    It never managed it here in NZ despite having some very good riders. At least one owner here tuned it to a standstill so he may have decided to park it and look for standard barrels...

Bike
    husaberg
    Tell him not to worry about beating Yamahas - unless someone who knows what they're doing has been into the motor, that one won't beat yams...
    It never managed it here in NZ despite having some very good riders. At least one owner here tuned it to a standstill so he may have decided to park it and look for standard barrels...
    He can have Aprilia RSW cylinders that look like STD RSW Cylinders there is a guy that said he could make them on the pitlane thread in a question that Lozza asked.
    He had outer cores for rotax cylinders
    I think I know why now.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    RS125, TZ80, RS50, RS50, FXR
    Every so often my mind returns to the thought of building a motorcycle from scratch. Whilst this thread provides some good examples of frame design, there's generally not much talk about frame building technique and strategy.

Speaking particularly about building tube frames rather than monos or modern ali frames, does anyone have some good examples of jigs, stands, mock ups etc? I'm hoping you will pipe in with some gold from the archives Husa.

When my mind gets on the wondering path I can't help but think about an ideal bucket geometry. A RS125 is built to do 200km/hr+, hold shit loads of corner speed and really not function below 85km/hr. The ideal bucket would haul out of slow corners, be light, nimble and transition from slow corner to slow corner as fast as possible. On most kart tracks we don't even get over 100km/hr. What does this do to the so called ideal geometry of a bucket? Shorter trail for quicker turn in? Lower center of gravity for quicker weight change? More weight on the front wheel for grip in slow corners? What about swing arm squat characteristics with low powered bikes and lots of hard acceleration?

I have zero practical experience in building bikes or tuning handling, only reading and pondering time. If anyone has some worthwhile resources on this, I'm all ears! I spend most of my week dreaming of racing, I may as well cram as much learning in as I can.

Bike
    GPR150

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    Every so often my mind returns to the thought of building a motorcycle from scratch. Whilst this thread provides some good examples of frame design, there's generally not much talk about frame building technique and strategy.

Speaking particularly about building tube frames rather than monos or modern ali frames, does anyone have some good examples of jigs, stands, mock ups etc? I'm hoping you will pipe in with some gold from the archives Husa.

When my mind gets on the wondering path I can't help but think about an ideal bucket geometry. A RS125 is built to do 200km/hr+, hold shit loads of corner speed and really not function below 85km/hr. The ideal bucket would haul out of slow corners, be light, nimble and transition from slow corner to slow corner as fast as possible. On most kart tracks we don't even get over 100km/hr. What does this do to the so called ideal geometry of a bucket? Shorter trail for quicker turn in? Lower center of gravity for quicker weight change? More weight on the front wheel for grip in slow corners? What about swing arm squat characteristics with low powered bikes and lots of hard acceleration?

I have zero practical experience in building bikes or tuning handling, only reading and pondering time. If anyone has some worthwhile resources on this, I'm all ears! I spend most of my week dreaming of racing, I may as well cram as much learning in as I can.
    your light so part way there

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    your light so part way there
    Pretty sure the GPR's might have more racy geometry than a NX4........
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    GPR150
    Pretty sure the GPR's might have more racy geometry than a NX4........
    i should change the spring for my fat ass one day and it may work lol

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    i should change the spring for my fat ass one day and it may work lol
    That isn't what I asked Scott........
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    GPR150
    That isn't what I asked Scott........
    you would have to send me some hot drink to get that out of me lol , anyway have you got your engine in your frame or do i have to bring my welder back for a second go lol

Thread Information