Page 14 of 101 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Race chassis

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    Well I thought I would do a little test with the scales. The FXR as it is now has exactly 50/50 weight distribution (bike only). With me on it, in a crouch it's 50/50. Siting up in the seat hands still on bars. The weight moves 5kg to the back. Not sure if this is good or bad but was interesting at the time.
    Go here and then into freeware

its a useful program , I recommend splashing out for the software , its cheap , and works well also , Tony is very "emailable " like every time I upgrade my software and need a new license from him ,,,,

Sorry off topic a bit , but there was an old fella , passed away a few years back , raced an Enfield at Ruapuna always midfield towards the front ( which was good ) anyway when he passed away I was lucky to buy a lot of his stock , at a good price , Thank you that man

anyway The one thing I find very interesting , is that the Enfield designed in the thirties with a pencil and slide rule ( still have mine somewhere ) even today, when I check using modern techniques and the super computers, the numbers come out without an ounce of fat ! bang on

for example I was looking at the cooling , Fins , end result just enough fins to do exactly what the bike was designed to do . all done back then with pencil and paper. amazing

What I WILL buy when I go to NZ for a holiday is a better drawing board , cant really get them here cheapish ....
    Carry on as you were

Stephen

and there is a crank balance calculator free, on tonys site as well
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    Exercycle
    The Enfield developer in ChCh was Bob Harris...one time sponsor to Dale Wylie amongst others,and a very good rider himself back in the day. From memory, Yamaha rods and big ends.....

Rich, with that weight distribution, if you can't get heat into the front, I'd try some meatier forks. The FXR forks are pretty wimpy and something a bit stiffer torsionally may help.

Can't open any link there Stephen but if it's Tony Foale, well generally you're either a fan or violently anti....I'm neutral.
    A customer of mine in Adelaide where TF grew up describes him as a weird bugger hanging round the racers and getting in the way.

Bike
    Several
    What is the static weight distribution? Would be interested to know. No rider.
    Let's try measure it at Tokaroa.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post

Rich, with that weight distribution, if you can't get heat into the front, I'd try some meatier forks. The FXR forks are pretty wimpy and something a bit stiffer torsionally may help.
    Well this should be a lot stiffer. Here are a couple of pics of the engine mocked up in the same position as it sits in the FXR frame give or take a couple of mm.

And some nice wheels to look at. Not for the bucket.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	010212_0037.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	471.2 KB 
ID:	256484Click image for larger version. 

Name:	010212_0039.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	662.0 KB 
ID:	256485Click image for larger version. 

Name:	010212_0041.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	609.8 KB 
ID:	256486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	010212_0042.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	526.0 KB 
ID:	256487

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    Let's try measure it at Tokaroa.
    I'll pack the bathroom scales.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d'marge View Post
    Go here and then into freeware
    Link doesn't seem to work. Hey what was the smart phone app you mentioned. I know there are a few the will tell you breaking forces and loads in corners and stuff. Almost of the option that the more I know the more I have to worry about.

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Link doesn't seem to work. Hey what was the smart phone app you mentioned. I know there are a few the will tell you breaking forces and loads in corners and stuff. Almost of the option that the more I know the more I have to worry about.
    sorry
    just type in Tony Foale .com
    ill repair it when I finish this meeting later on today
    the app is called vibrometer for android
    there are some very useful apps
    calculus
    Mohrs circle
    decibel

anyway back to the subject
    back soon
    stephen

Bike
    husaberg
    Well this should be a lot stiffer. Here are a couple of pics of the engine mocked up in the same position as it sits in the FXR frame give or take a couple of mm.

And some nice wheels to look at. Not for the bucket.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	010212_0037.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	471.2 KB 
ID:	256484Click image for larger version. 

Name:	010212_0039.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	662.0 KB 
ID:	256485Click image for larger version. 

Name:	010212_0041.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	609.8 KB 
ID:	256486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	010212_0042.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	526.0 KB 
ID:	256487
    Sits in there nice. Will you be able to remove the head in situ?
    Not that it really maters.

It actually fills the space better than i would have thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750

Thumbs up

nice job richban should look good once finshed

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    nice job richban should look good once finshed

Yeah cheers. I just chucked the frame over the 550 engine it will go in easy as. The NSR seems a good option for transplants. Lots of room. I am going to mock up some plywood engine mounts and get it proper mocked up. Just waiting on my new 15mm axels so I can get it rolling. Anyone got a spare NSR swing arm bolt? Perfect for a rear axel for the RS wheels. Also nex week will have the original sub frame. I will copy and shorten in in Ali. Once all that is sorted just the little things like gear linkage front breaks ......... the list gets longer. Good fun. Will be running the same body kit as Bert. RS250. Paint is going to be White base fluro orange graphic panels with rizzla blue pin striping.

Well thats the plan.

Bike
    depends
    Yeah cheers. I just chucked the frame over the 550 engine it will go in easy as. The NSR seems a good option for transplants. Lots of room. I am going to mock up some plywood engine mounts and get it proper mocked up. Just waiting on my new 15mm axels so I can get it rolling. Anyone got a spare NSR swing arm bolt? Perfect for a rear axel for the RS wheels. Also nex week will have the original sub frame. I will copy and shorten in in Ali. Once all that is sorted just the little things like gear linkage front breaks ......... the list gets longer. Good fun. Will be running the same body kit as Bert. RS250. Paint is going to be White base fluro orange graphic panels with rizzla blue pin striping.

Well thats the plan.
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-439270955.htm phone number there, give him a ring & see if he can help with the bolt.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchee View Post
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-439270955.htm phone number there, give him a ring & see if he can help with the bolt.
    Cheers for that. He's the man I got the sub frame from. Bolt I need is holding his frame together. I am calling in a favor with my bro and he is making one. Its just when he gets around to it. But he owes me big.

Well thats the plan.
    Pffft you and your complex build plans.
    I was thinking about buying the kit from Tyga. Not a bad price, especially the seat unit and sub frame to suit. Looks nice as too.
    They make a nice guard for my ZXR forks too. Don't know about running a full fairing. Feel like I might smash it up a bit too often.

http://tyga-performance.com/site/ind...0f24a5e02404dc

I am still a fair way off getting my project properly underway.

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Moooools View Post
    I was thinking about buying the kit from Tyga. Not a bad price, especially the seat unit and sub frame to suit.
    Chequebookracer.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Moooools View Post
    Pffft you and your complex build plans.
    I was thinking about buying the kit from Tyga. Not a bad price, especially the seat unit and sub frame to suit. Looks nice as too.
    They make a nice guard for my ZXR forks too. Don't know about running a full fairing. Feel like I might smash it up a bit too often.

http://tyga-performance.com/site/ind...0f24a5e02404dc

I am still a fair way off getting my project properly underway.
    I brought a complete r1 seat and fairing for $1
    best of all he was only 2kms way got to love no res auctions. I felt a little guilty and gave him $2 cause i am all heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information