Page 94 of 101 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1514

Thread: Race chassis

Bike
    Exercycle
    Rick Denoon - I came across his site a few years back and had a brief conversation with him about one or two things I didn't like on it. He took it very well.
    Nice guy.

EX ignitions - the 250 curve is too like the 500 one. No advantage using it. Locally made box coming with a much more agressive advance curve.
    The problem with the 500's of course is that you've got to lighten that end of the crank as much as possible...

Husa - That Honda was a 500/550 built by Steve ...... surname's gone sorry. He was George White's sidecar passenger. That chair used a similar small honda on big jolts of nitro and is well remembered for giving the visiting NI outfits some huge surprises...
    Russ Bleach has the outfit and told me he'd contacted Steve who was keen to help restore it. No signs of progress.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post

Husa - That Honda was a 500/550 built by Steve ...... surname's gone sorry. He was George White's sidecar passenger. That chair used a similar small honda on big jolts of nitro and is well remembered for giving the visiting NI outfits some huge surprises...
    Russ Bleach has the outfit and told me he'd contacted Steve who was keen to help restore it. No signs of progress.
    Any chance of Finding a pic of it or describing it, i was only a kid at the time. Be interesting to see what it actually was compared to what i think it might have been 30 years later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Any chance of Finding a pic of it or describing it, i was only a kid at the time. Be interesting to see what it actually was compared to what i think it might have been 30 years later.
    I think I looked at it seriously maybe 3 - 4 times - and most of those were when scrutineering it.
    Leading link forks, Honda front disc - single I think. Frame not sure if it was fully homebuilt or had bits of the CB one incorporated.
    Always remember it as having a very high front end. Tank was folded alloy. Wire wheels. Homemade 4:1 pipe - loud.
    It had it's good days but those were at club level F2. He rode it at a few nationals - usually where He and George had the chair running.
    I believe he's still got it so you may yet see it again.

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar
    Mole Grips are British/Welsh version of Vice Grips for those that do not know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wal Phillips Rim Disc Brake - CB-1.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	485.3 KB 
ID:	340458   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wal Phillips Rim Disc Brake - CB-2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	242.2 KB 
ID:	340459  

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by guyhockley View Post
    Mole Grips are British/Welsh version of Vice Grips for those that do not know.
    i couldn't see the mole grip correlation bit on thr initial look but second time glace there she is...... funny.
    I guess its a natural progression from Hondas earlier version from the RC1116s
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Yeah the brakes seemed a bit 'Grabby' until late we put a rubber band around the release lever
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    none
    i couldn't see the mole grip correlation bit on thr initial look but second time glace there she is...... funny.
    ..... Or maybe from this pincer version.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Disc brake.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	216.5 KB 
ID:	340486

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post

Nice i have seen the pic plenty of times yet never noticed it appears to be nail pliers. a mate modified my post driver with a motorbike disk pad honda cr125 and nut bolt with a teebar it works off the belt pulley, amazing something so simple works so effective prior to that the monkey weight was held up by controlling the belt to tension or slip with a lever or inserting a pin it was as dangerous as hell. it actually had a long since disconnected feature where it automatically dropped down when the weight reached the top of the mast.
    this is a flash version. all the bells and whistles but the safety shield removed as they always are. my old girl is all cable and pto drive none of this hydraulic modern tech
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar
    I had a very crude copy of that brake on my pushbike when I was a kid back in the 60s. Years later, V brakes became the latest thing in bicycling tech, probably someone was allowed a patent.
    Also had front suspension (rubber band leading links) on the same bicycle.

Bike
    husaberg
    I had a very crude copy of that brake on my pushbike when I was a kid back in the 60s. Years later, V brakes became the latest thing in bicycling tech, probably someone was allowed a patent.
    Also had front suspension (rubber band leading links) on the same bicycle.
    Funny how fashion goes full circle, i had old dungers pushbike set ups like that but they always wore at odd angles and never seemed to bite equally some i guess was due to buckled rims.
    it flasher set ups had additional lbrake inks to aplly the pads evenly.

I used to run a KTM50 for my son they have italian brand Formula brakes the calipers 2 piston opposed rear and 4 piston front are so light and small with tiny plastic pistons its amazing to hold them.
    I think the calipers were devloped for MTB bikes. they work bloody well into the bargain.
    The lil KTM's had Mazzocchi forks, it was said to read even with the MTB bikes money injections from Gabriel (who make the shocks etc for the Royal Endfeild) they have recently gone under.
    Fox was the other big player in the MTB suspension world but i guess they make their Dollars out of clothing and fashion.
    Mazzocchi were clearly also years ahead having used and having been ridiculed for using separate function forks way back in the 80's a good 30 years before ohlins and the Japanese discovered them.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post

Looks like someone cobbled on a set of pliers.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I've got an article in "Motorcycling Monthly" from September 1978. By Derek Picard (an aussie I think - in an English mag)

Which seems to be written at the end of play. Hanebrink talks about a Mark 2 using an OW31 engine and 18in wheels - but doesn't seem that keen on actually doing it. Action pics as published elsewhere, couple of workshop pics unique to this article. Hanebrink basically explaining the problems...

Re projects....I suspect it's an excess of christmas cheer, but there's been some discussion on other threads here about the CX Hondas....I have a newish mag here which has an article on the Dr John Guzzi following one on the CX650....Proximity leads to some dreadful ideas...I'll keep buying the lotto tickets....
    If it ever gets built I've got a name for it - The pox doctors maggot.....
    I assume this is that article but I can't see magazine or author.
    CXs have become a popular basis for customising in the UK, recently.

Name:	Monotrak Page 1.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	278.2 KB 
ID:	340515   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Monotrak Page 2.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	393.4 KB 
ID:	340516   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Monotrak Page 3.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	393.0 KB 
ID:	340517   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Monotrak Page 4.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	285.7 KB 
ID:	340518  

Bike
    whatever I can get running - dirt/track/
    One of the people on my chassis list is trying to find more information on this Ducati (851-916 he thinks) which has an FFE that appears similar to the ones Tony Foale used on his "Q" bikes. With the German caption and Metzler sticker it seems possible it was built in Germany.

Does anyone recognize it?

cheers,
    Michael

Name:	DucatiFFE_LikeTF.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	340780  

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Moore View Post
    One of the people on my chassis list is trying to find more information on this Ducati (851-916 he thinks) which has an FFE that appears similar to the ones Tony Foale used on his "Q" bikes. With the German caption and Metzler sticker it seems possible it was built in Germany.

Does anyone recognize it?

cheers,
    Michael
    looks 851 due to crankcase colour i have never seen it.
    As it Euro it might pay to ask on pitlane.FR
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Exercycle
    I assume this is that article but I can't see magazine or author.
    CXs have become a popular basis for customising in the UK, recently.
    Yes, that's the article.
    My Xmas indigestion has worn off - CX's revolt me again. I think you'd have to use a turbo one to get a reasonable power to weight ratio.

Thread Information