Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1514

Thread: Race chassis

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Pursang View Post
    Not sure about the rut theory?? Front wheel will tend to track around the rut, so long as you don't get the front wheel too light and climb out of it!
    But I agree you need to let the front end have its way. This looks more like a front knobby walking around on a hard, oiled, dirt track surface. Basically bouncing from knob to knob.

There is a LOT of different things happening before and around 20s. (The whole system, Bike & Rider, is a Quivering Mass, not derogatory, just an observation)
    I would expect that the mechanics/technicians know enough about suspension to have the springs and damping pretty close.
    Looks to me that the front tyre is oscillating on very edge of grip and side slip, producing weight transfer effects in the tyre itself, that the forks cant really monitor or keep up with.

Here's Mr. H looking for similar, in the days before HD SloMo Video.

Cheers, Daryl.
    You must really want that Lab
    the reason i think that the grip on the bike (and it is just a theory)makes a deference to chatter is when you have it the harder you try the worse it gets and others with the exact same set up can go just as fast as the guy suffering from chatter.
    I feel tensing up alters the spring rates and the damping and chatter is a mismatch in the total suspension damper spring and tyre and surface.you end up with a them almost resonating (likely wrong word)like the narrows bridge
    or if you have ever had a trailer get away from you.
    the more you fight the faster you go worse it gets.

if we only knew a physicist.........
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Vintage 2T
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    You must really want that Lab
    the reason i think that the grip on the bike (and it is just a theory)makes a deference to chatter is when you have it the harder you try the worse it gets and others with the exact same set up can go just as fast as the guy suffering from chatter.
    I feel tensing up alters the spring rates and the damping and chatter is a mismatch in the total suspension damper spring and tyre and surface.you end up with a them almost resonating (likely wrong word)like the narrows bridge
    or if you have ever had a trailer get away from you. The more you fight, the faster you go worse it gets.
    I don't need a dog, Thanks!

I did have a trailer get away, once. Tandem with a 1947 Desoto on it. Deflated a rear trailer tyre at 100kph..shook my Charger like a handkerchief.
    I suspect the deflated tyre shifted the COG rearward and off centre.
    Spinning the steering wheel lock to lock just to keep it somewhere in the centre of the highway. (No power steering). Girlfriend Squealing!
    Over-ride brake on the trailer coupling eventually bit and pulled it back in line.
    Not an experience I would like to repeat.

I think 'resonating' is a good word, there are a lot of things happening that added up to produce the 'incident'.
    Thank God for knee sliders!!

Cheers Daryl.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    The thing I can't get over is the camera car following the trailer sees it happening and doesn't brake like fuk to avoid the fallout which could have been a car in the face.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Vintage 2T
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    The thing I can't get over is the camera car following the trailer sees it happening and doesn't brake like fuk to avoid the fallout which could have been a car in the face.
    1: Old NASCAR trick! Aim for the crashing car, cos it won't be in that same spot when you get there! (Usually)

2: Never let your Personal Safety interrupt capturing a potential YouTube post. .

Cheers, Daryl.

Bike
    husaberg
    I don't need a dog, Thanks!

I did have a trailer get away, once. Tandem with a 1947 Desoto on it. Deflated a rear trailer tyre at 100kph..shook my Charger like a handkerchief.
    I suspect the deflated tyre shifted the COG rearward and off centre.
    Spinning the steering wheel lock to lock just to keep it somewhere in the centre of the highway. (No power steering). Girlfriend Squealing!
    Over-ride brake on the trailer coupling eventually bit and pulled it back in line.
    Not an experience I would like to repeat.

I think 'resonating' is a good word, there are a lot of things happening that added up to produce the 'incident'.
    Thank God for knee sliders!!

Cheers Daryl.
    with the trailers is normally to heavier a trailer or weight to far back the trick i understand is to ease off the throttle fighting it makes it worse as its sort of a pendulum effect
    i was using it as an example as the forces co-incide and amplify which is what i think happens with the chatter
    i could describe it better with the million dollars and the pitlane girls
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Blog Entries
    1: Old NASCAR trick! Aim for the crashing car, cos it won't be in that same spot when you get there! (Usually)

2: Never let your Personal Safety interrupt capturing a potential YouTube post. .

Cheers, Daryl.
    There was an article on Kilfies the other day which is apparently the name for people who got killed taking selfies. People are odd. And vain.

Bike
    Vintage 2T
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    i could describe it better with the million dollars and the pitlane girls
    When you secure the contract, the budget, and the girls, I will happily act as Consulting Devil's Advocate!
    Or, If you pay me enough, I think I could agree with (and technically justify) just about anything!

Cheers Daryl.

p.s. F5 Dave - "Kilfies"

Bike
    husaberg
    When you secure the contract, the budget, and the girls, I will happily act as Consulting Devil's Advocate!
    Or, If you pay me enough, I think I could agree with (and technically justify) just about anything!

Cheers Daryl.

p.s. F5 Dave - "Kilfies"
    there is one where a shot shot himself in the head taking a selfie with a gun and a phone.
    google there has been heaps who have done that.......
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    rgv250 vj22
    So I've got a dilema or at least i might have a dilema. . . here is my RGV with a Banshee engine swapped into it. So my question is, will the angle of the engine adversely effect the handling of the bike or will it be fine? (it will definitley effect the oil level).
    If its going to make the bike handle like a pig i guess I'll just have to cut out the mounts and re weld them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	427.5 KB 
ID:	343384Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	745.3 KB 
ID:	343385Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	717.6 KB 
ID:	343380Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	734.8 KB 
ID:	343381Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	756.2 KB 
ID:	343382Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	689.4 KB 
ID:	343383

Bike
    2001 zx9
    The most important thing is the front sprocket position in relation to the swingarm pivot - with a powerful engine it can have quite an effect. safe bet would be to copy the std rgv as close as possible. your dog looks like it needs a few decent feeds...

Bike
    rgv250 vj22
    the poor old girl, she struggles to hold any weight now days she gets feed quite a bit, she's a 12 year old greyhound cross.

The front sprocket position is the same as the original RGV as i just took measurements off of my VJ21. I'm just being a bit pedantic before i carry on and start fabricating pipes.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I was going to say the front sprocket looks low. If it's the same height but further forward it will be too low.

I'd run a chain on that and spin it. It should only just skim. Tie down compress to rider sag and it must be clear. That's a starting point and not the be all of squat induced effects. You can buy 17T, which may help. The RGV range of rear sprockets are quite limited. Actually I gave my offset 17 to someone using a VJ21 with a 421 RZ.

A VJ21 produces about 52 rwhp, but a banshee, maybe 45? A YPVS, 49 . 70 awaits with a serious tune of all those options but some considerably more peaky than others.

And watch those carbs have the solenoid controlled airjets are blocked off though think some jap models had them, nz 21s may not have.

Bike
    rgv250 vj22
    I have a 17 tooth 10mm offset sprocket to put on it. I also have some 38mm air strikers there I just don’t have manifolds for them yet, I’m going to knock some together for the final thing.
    It’s has a 4mm crank, v force 4 reeds, cool heads with 18mm domes, 130 transfer and 192 exhaust timing, a zeeltronic ecu and a banshee first gear with the rest rz350. So I’m aiming for something more like 75-80hp
    I am just using the free mota software to design the pipes, not sure how good it is but I have done a few two stroke exhausts for other bikes.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I just got some Chariot manifolds off Ebay, it was easier and they come with mikuni rubbers, think they do them for banshee as well (mine has CPU barrels which is CR250 reed). The kit rubber ones UPD or something both split.

Sounds like a fun project.

Bike
    rgv250 vj22
    In this case fun and expensive are interchangeable. I’ve seen the Mikuni oz website have manifold rubbers and all that kind of stuff so I might make my own so the carbs sit level.

The cylinders are a Chinese pair that were $200 new. I brought them to practice porting, although the cheetah cylinders look good but for $2000 to upgrade the ported Chinese will do for now.

Thread Information