Thread: GN250 rear wheel hub shock absorber

Bike
    1998 Suzuki GN250

GN250 rear wheel hub shock absorber

I have a rebuilt GN250 (c.1998) with spoke wheels.
    Most renewable components have now been replaced but I need to service the back wheel as the play in the hub negates the benefits of the new chain..

Anyway, the hub buffer / shock absorber OEM part number is 64651-07001 for a spoke wheel hub. The available off the shelf item OEM is 64651-38300, which is the part number for the cast wheel model. I am assured by the vendor that the two are identical, which I concede is possible, but usually interchangeable parts have the same OEM.

Can anybody confirm, from experience, that the hub shock absorber is the same for both spoke and cast wheel models.
    (Both part numbers are applicable for GN125 and 250 models).

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    I assume you are talking about the Cush drive rubbers. I'd suggest you take the ones you have and head into a wrecker, or take the wheel and Cush drive in and get some that fit. These seem to be pretty standard on a lot of suzukis, I know the collection I have built up from FXR150s, Impulses and GSXR250s through various bucket builds are interchangeable with the exception that some have the rubber retaining pins that poke into the hub and the FXR ones don't.

Bike
    Its yellow. Sometimes a green one
    Blog Entries

part numbers

Part numbers get supercieded all the times. they go to the newest part number not the oldest one. Yes it will fit.

Bike
    1998 Suzuki GN250

Cush drive OEM numbers

Today I fitted the new cush drive (OEM 64651-38300) into my older type spoke wheel hub. It's a perfect fit. As R1Madness suggested, the two different part numbers refer to the same cush drive rubber and the OEM for the newer cast wheel type supercedes that of the older spoke wheel (64651-07001).
    I thought it beneficial to open a thread on an issue that had not been previously addressed. Hopefully it might assist another contributor in the future.

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    Edit - I see you've solved the problem -
    Find out more at www.unluckyones.co.nz

Thread Information