Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TV1 TONITE -minibikes legality reviewed

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by SimJen
    As far as I know no-one races minichoppers, why would they, they don't exactly look like they can stop? Although a couple of guys race past my work every damn day. All this noise but no performance.
    Valentino Rossi still rides them for fun as do lots of other top racers. Riding a minimoto is no more gay than riding a bucket. The top bikes pump out 17hp+ from 50cc and can hit 110+ in only a few seconds. Highsides can be commonplace with riders being thrown a loooooong way.
    Most of the guys are big bike racers/riders and this is seen as a cheap form of motorsport.
    I suggest you don't knock it till you tried it, many a good road racer has been bitten by the bug. Its not as easy as it looks.
    Your welcome to come along and have a ride at one of our meetings.
    Mate I Feel for ya --especially as the item header had CHOPPER bikes on it then switched to your racing.
    They so need to focus on these guys with the 110cc BIKES illigaly registering em
    They need to look at the quality -or should I say lack of quality of the basic safety components on a lot of these darned choppers.
    Im not even thinking of how they sit on the road--Im more concerned about the bloody things falling to bits or parts not working -which quite honestly I predict as being something coming really soon
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    There are a couple of those chopper-style ones around Levin, ridden by morons. Thought the story was going to be about them, but no, it was the mini race bikes, something totally different.

And do you know what annoyed me the most? When the female reporter rode up on the bike, obviously to show how easy they are to ride - and SHE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE CHIN STRAP ON HER BLOODY HELMET DONE UP!!! I realise it wasn't hers because it was WAY too big, but the guy whose head it was on in the footage had it done up properly. I know she's on tv, but I thought it was only in programmes that they did dumb things like this, not news items!
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Maybe.

the small cheap minimoto's are fine for beginners, but the watercooled powerful beasts are the way to go. Get one on a track and they make perfect sense
    Top spec bikes will power wheelie at all speeds.....crazy stuff.
    But I think I'll get more enjoyment out of the RD250LC instead...
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    Ducati 996 '01, Yamaha '04 R6 Race
    yeah RD's are great fun, I still get greater enjoyment out of my Gixxer 600 but then Minimoto is a hobby and its about the people too.

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Saw a couple of these things race at Waipawa Buckets. One of them flipped, and broke a brake cable-the guy looked gutted. He picked it up and walked off the track with it under his arm. LMAO when I saw the cable hanging down looking for all the world like a broken rubber band.
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by yungatart
    Saw a couple of these things race at Waipawa Buckets. One of them flipped, and broke a brake cable-the guy looked gutted. He picked it up and walked off the track with it under his arm. LMAO when I saw the cable hanging down looking for all the world like a broken rubber band.
    Hehe saw this happen, i don't think he was too pleased with his new 'race bike'

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    As far as I know no-one races minichoppers, why would they, they don't exactly look like they can stop? Although a couple of guys race past my work every damn day. All this noise but no performance.
    I agree, i thought people would have figured that the physics behind choppers doesn't exactly favour turning or corners at speed. But suppose they just do it for some people.

Bike
    big black k6 GiX
    I for one think that mini choppers are fucken moronic there's a whole bunch of them that cruise up and down queen st sometimes and sit at lights revving up their engines. (if you can call them that) Spastics!!!!!

IF YOUR GONNA GET A BIKE DO A DECENT JOB OF IT

Bike
    none
    I still get a good laugh when the minichoppers that hang out at the gas station up the hill from me try and pretend they are one real bikes. I just laugh at them everytime I fill up. Pissed them off one day when I told them my weed eater is louder and has more power than thier bikes. (don't really know about the power but sure is louder)

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    big black k6 GiX
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander
    I still get a good laugh when the minichoppers that hang out at the gas station up the hill from me try and pretend they are one real bikes. I just laugh at them everytime I fill up. Pissed them off one day when I told them my weed eater is louder and has more power than thier bikes. (don't really know about the power but sure is louder)

Would not suprise me at all mate. My lil brother bought one i told him off then we put high octane fuel in it and burnt it out in about 5 mins, piece off shit

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Smorgen
    Would not suprise me at all mate. My lil brother bought one i told him off then we put high octane fuel in it and burnt it out in about 5 mins, piece off shit
    Lol should have just took it apart and used it for other things. Like a weedeater or you could make your lawn mower self propelled and never have to actually push it again. (I hate walk behind mowers, one day when I'm rich I'm gonna make a point to have a very large yard just so I can justify having a ride-on mower.)

Sever
    Now and forever

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander
    Lol should have just took it apart and used it for other things. Like a weedeater or you could make your lawn mower self propelled and never have to actually push it again. (I hate walk behind mowers, one day when I'm rich I'm gonna make a point to have a very large yard just so I can justify having a ride-on mower.)
    cmon m8 get on yer bike...

http://www.thefreewheelers.com/graph...ding_mower.jpg

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by markauckland
    BAHAHA How bout I just hook my pushie up to my Virago and ride all over my yard. Nah, The Beast is too good for that. Maybe the Rebel... nah still too good and would turn my yard to mud. minnichop it is lol.

No offence mate but come on, they are just silly. You've got areal bike now so I hope you're riding that as a comuter rather than the mini.

Sever
    Now and forever

Bike
    Real choppers are ghey let alone little ones
    What will these so called dealers do when LTNZ figures out that they are breaking the law re the 50-110cc thing. Probably just disappear and start up as some thing else. Read that a 4yo was killed on a minichopper in the UK. Think Bob posted it a while back. He was riding it on the road.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    Real choppers are ghey let alone little ones
    What will these so called dealers do when LTNZ figures out that they are breaking the law re the 50-110cc thing. Probably just disappear and start up as some thing else. Read that a 4yo was killed on a minichopper in the UK. Think Bob posted it a while back. He was riding it on the road.
    Carefull what you say about real choppers. Some of us on here actually do like them and atleast one plans on building them for a living. We don't go around calling your dream bike ghey.

sounds hipocrite like but what I don't like about the mini choppers is that they are barely visable on the road. Don't have that problem with real choppers. In fact having a chopper kinda draws attention to ya.

Sever
    Now and forever

Thread Information