Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hampton Downs Ride Day - Sunday 15 Jan

Bike
    Fleet of GSXR's

Hampton Downs Ride Day - Sunday 15 Jan

Hello again everyone! We've got another weekend ride day this Sunday.

Price is $199 for 6 x 20 minute sessions.

There will be 4 speed groups. Hire bikes and gear available.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Book online at www.hamptondownsridedays.co.nz or alternatively send an email to info@hamptondownsridedays.co.nz or call (09) 412 6266

Bike
    Sold it
    While driving south on Boxing Day I passed HD and I thought I saw work being done on the track up near the hump. Has that been smoothed off?

b.

Bike
    Harley
    I Will be there taking photos ,which i will put on my flickr if you guys are interested in any contact me

Bike
    Harley

Bike
    A fleet of GSX-Rs
    Quote Originally Posted by tbs View Post
    While driving south on Boxing Day I passed HD and I thought I saw work being done on the track up near the hump. Has that been smoothed off?

b.
    The official word is that they have shaved and resealed part of the front straight.
    I will be at Hampton Downs tomorrow to test ride the newly repaired circuit for them. They have resealed turns 2, 4 and 5 as well as doing work behind the garages to level it off etc.
    Every motorcycle handles perfectly. Then the rider gets on.

Bike
    empty garage )-:
    will be back this Sunday. Looking forward to it. See you there. Blue GSXR600
    "...New Zealanders, for all their faults, have virtues that are precious: an unwillingness to be intimidated by the new, the formidable, or class systems; trust in situations where there would otherwise be none; compassion for the underdog; a sense of responsibility for people in difficulty; not undertaking to do something without seeing it through - "
    Michael King

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by dubshack View Post
    The official word is that they have shaved and resealed part of the front straight.
    I will be at Hampton Downs tomorrow to test ride the newly repaired circuit for them. They have resealed turns 2, 4 and 5 as well as doing work behind the garages to level it off etc.
    Sounds good - let us know your opinion.

Bike
    Sold it
    Sounds like the hump has been removed then. Good idea. It was quite fun hitting it with the throttle pinned, but it could really be dangerous too. Last track day someone hit the wall after the hump after getting into a tank slapper. My brother reckoned he tank slappered there after missing a shift right before it.

Weather permitting I'll be there.

Bike
    GSX-R 750 K6
    So how was the offical word on the circuit?? Does it get the sign of approval?
    Manawatu Tag-o-rama score : LXV

DAVE MOSS "I'll BE BACK" WATCH THIS SPACE FOR MORE INFO OF DATES AND VENUES FOR 2015 VISIT, DM here from 18 Feb to 9 March, look on Meetings for info.

Quote "A closed mouth gathers no feet"

Bike
    kawasaki ZX10R 2005

Track Repairs

Front Straight bump is much smoother (still have trouble holding it wide open tho) and they have made a really nice patch to corner two.
    It was another great day, well done HDRD.

Bike
    Several
    yeah the "jump" is gone. There's still a small bump but nothing much. Turn 4 is improved. Turn 5 has had quite a lot of work. 2 big patches plus I think the inside kerb has been reshaped (I think). All good improvements.... Oh and they've leveled the area behind the pits with compacted gravel to bring it up level with the garage floor (no ramps needed now)

Bike
    Sold it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort View Post
    yeah the "jump" is gone. There's still a small bump but nothing much. Turn 4 is improved. Turn 5 has had quite a lot of work. 2 bit patches plus I thing the inside kerb has been reshaped (I think). All good improvements.... Oh and they've leveled the area behind the pits with compacted gravel to bring it up level with the garage floor (no ramps needed now)
    I never felt comfortable on turn 4 all day. Maybe they did improve it, but that oil spill and an early slide on it left my confidence leaning into it completely gone.... which was a shame because that has always been my favorite corner. I have mixed feelings about the removal of the jump. I know it was potentially dangerous, but I loved it.

I hope they can keep the ride days going....

Bike
    GSX-R 750 K6

What does this mean, HD is looking at stopping track days??
    Manawatu Tag-o-rama score : LXV

DAVE MOSS "I'll BE BACK" WATCH THIS SPACE FOR MORE INFO OF DATES AND VENUES FOR 2015 VISIT, DM here from 18 Feb to 9 March, look on Meetings for info.

Quote "A closed mouth gathers no feet"

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    I never felt comfortable on turn 4 all day. ...but that oil spill and an early slide on it left my confidence leaning into it completely gone....
    Yeah that spill really annoyed us as it should have been cleaned up the night before. We arrived to find it there and had to do one hell of a cleanup job. It was a big spill which is why we had to start late. Sorry bout that.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSonic View Post
    What does this mean, HD is looking at stopping track days??
    It means we dont have any more dates booked at this stage after our Wed Feb 8th Ride Day.

Cheers

Matt (Course Control).

Bike
    CB1000R
    Thats a real shame, hopefully something can be arranged to remedy this problem.

Thread Information