Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcyclist's body found (Paekakariki Hill Road, 10 Jan 2012)

Bike
    Street Triple 09
    shesh, really dont enjoy hearing about moto deaths,
    RIP brother

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Jesus H this is sooo internet motorcycling at its worst,why not just post up RIP if thats how you felt when you read the thread title or leave it be.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Jesus H this is sooo internet motorcycling at its worst,why not just post up RIP if thats how you felt when you read the thread title or leave it be.
    I rest my case! Very sad shit indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Latest update - http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...kariki-Hill-Rd

58-year-old Waikanae man.
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
    I'd imagine the last few seconds wouldn't have been overly enjoyable......
    No i imagine you be think shit wished i slowed down , and worried about ones u leave behind. best to be alive thats for sure

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    FFS someone get a mod to edit this shit out. I made a perfectly legitimate comment stating the bleeding obvious, we did not know who it was at the fucking time. Yet people were ready to hand out the RIP's when it could've been a bike thief, someone who most here would like to fucking deal to, not offer RIP's. Is that my fellow biker? Is that your fellow biker?

Only after my comment was it established that someone knew them.
    From memory...you were only too happy to RIP the guy in CH CH before you knew who it was? Double standards anyone? Anyway...my bad. I say for now bad buzz...and stay safe out there.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I rest my case! Very sad shit indeed.
    yes think posting these rips not the best idea alot emotions strong ones get stirred up when you just have tohave i person reads something can be very hurtfull , i had 2 deaths in the family in last 6 months , just something you got work
    Though everone handles in there own way some may lash out get angry just let them be dont look symtoms more reason the causes
    am sorry that this person been lost in this fashion a waste of a life
    but most times things are out are human control thats the diffcult part . i understand this too well

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    From memory...you were only too happy to RIP the guy in CH CH before you knew who it was? Double standards anyone? Anyway...my bad. I say for now bad buzz...and stay safe out there.
    You know what Pete, good point. Double standards on my part. But I'm allowed to change my beliefs, and after Joe's funeral I did. I felt cheated and ripped by what he did, and me being cut up about his death, only to find it was through one of the most stupid acts on that street that I could think of. After we spent time together mentoring young riders at Ruapuna, reinforcing to them about not riding like that around town, after we spoke at length about time and place.

I've dealt with it, but I won't let myself be sucked into that again.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    You know what Pete, good point. Double standards on my part. But I'm allowed to change my beliefs, and after Joe's funeral I did. I felt cheated and ripped by what he did, and me being cut up about his death, only to find it was through one of the most stupid acts on that street that I could think of. After we spent time together mentoring young riders at Ruapuna, reinforcing to them about not riding like that around town, after we spoke at length about time and place.

I've dealt with it, but I won't let myself be sucked into that again.
    We're all allowed to change our minds and views mate. But sometimes (most of the time in my opinion) it's best we do it in a more appropriate place.

Bike
    bike
    Blog Entries
    I will also get slammed for saying RIP to the fallen rider, but I say it loud and mean it. No, we don't know who it was. No, I hopefully will not know them after the name is released. But as a rider who very nearly put her family through this very same situtaion I feel so heavy for them tonight. Of course people are dying in many tradgic ways every moment of every day. But my thoughts are with his family tonight. I think about my family each and every time I get on a bike now, and what my parents would go through if I were to make such a mistake again.

We all have our own opinions. That is just mine. Different from the next person, absued by another, supported by someone at some point. I just hold my breath until the name is released, as I fear I would not have the strength needed right now if it were a friend.

Bike
    1988 CBR250R (MC19)
    Damn that's scary. I actually rode over the hill at about 2.45pm today.

RIP

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    I hate that hill. TOO many times I have come across people on MY side of the road...I ride slow and careful but many many others on that road don't - that goes for cars and bikes.

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by Number One View Post
    I hate that hill. TOO many times I have come across people on MY side of the road...I ride slow and careful but many many others on that road don't - that goes for cars and bikes.
    I love that road myself. It's not a road to be disrespectful of at any time but the technical nature of it makes it one of my favourites.

Condolences to the friends & family left behind.

Bike
    None any more
    Biker Down threads are always problematic, as this one proves once again.

We don't have any details of what happened to cause this particular fatality. Presumably those details will be made public by investigating authorities in due course.

While people may wish to mourn a "fellow biker", they should realise that there are other members who see little value in offering condolences for somebody they do not know who died for unknown reasons.

People grieve in different ways. Those who have died are gone. Our thoughts and concerns are better directed to people who remain with us, including the friends, families and loved ones of those who have died. At the very least, comments should be respectful of those people and what they need to do as a consequence of what has happened.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Number One View Post
    I've only ridden over it once and that was enough for me!! I'm sure that no matter how many times someone rode that hill you could never consider the riding space predictable. Am I right in thinking that it's a road that you choose to ride (as opposed to having to use) i.e. a road you are more likely to use for recreational riding? (dorky Aucklander question here). Damn shame that someone has come to grief on it - "unforgiving" is the word used earlier to describe it, and it sure was today.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Thread Information