Thread: bye bye SR250

Bike
    '90 GSXR250 in black

bye bye SR250

Just got payed for my sr250 and the guy is picking it up tommorow, so todays going to be my last day with it can't wait to get a quicker bike, so if anyones looking at selling there 250 sports bike for around 2 grand let me know! thanks

Bike
    1992, TOYOTA
    WAIT 1 YEAR. AND I'LL SELL YOU MY 4 CYLINDER. YOU CAN HAVE THE JOY OF TAKING THE KILMOG AND NORTHERN MOTORWAY AT 160. ( SPEED KILLS )

Bike
    88 Yamaha FZR 250
    i just started tuning my SR250, goes pretty good now:P
    happy i didnt sell it
    anything faster atm and id end up hurt or walking i think
    at 70+ when i hit 3rd gear so hm sports bike unnneccessary because that is already quite fast enough
    You are only coming through in waves. Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying...

Bike
    '90 GSXR250 in black
    i might be getting a cb400 off a friend of my dads, going to look at it on Sunday, and i can't go bikeless for a whole year, how many k's has your gsx done?

Bike
    86 GN250
    My mate just bought an RGV250 for $2000. 140km/h in 3rd gear, oh that's fun.
    There are deals out there, keep looking, my mate's been saving cash and looking for a sports bike since october and look what flopped into his lap. But I shall see, this may not have been the sale of the century in a few months.
    Good luck.

Bike
    '90 GSXR250 in black
    hmmm 2 stroke - no thanks i can't afford to have it in being repaired every second day

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by gamgee
    hmmm 2 stroke - no thanks i can't afford to have it in being repaired every second day
    Not always true, y'know. Not trying to persuade you, just pointing out that the idea that two smokers need constant repair isn't always valid.

In fact. 2 strokes can be much more reliable than 4 strokes, cos they don't have all that stuff that goes up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down and round 'n round 'n round 'n ...... *deep breath lad *, anyway they're simpler ain't they, so stands to reason must be more reliable.

Less to go wrong, means less goes wrong. Simple logic, innit.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    1992, TOYOTA
    My GSX250S katana has done high 33Ks will be mid 34Ks in about a week.

Had it since 6000kms. No engine issues. Reliable as. Except for the CDI transistor which poked out. Cost me $250 at a wrecker

I value it higher that $2000 though. But if you are away from bikes for a year. It could be yours for that much maybe. But the mileage then will probably be 50Ks

- In a year I might be getting a bike off a friend of my dads too :P But it's a mint CBX550.

Bike
    '90 GSXR250 in black
    I'm bikeless lucky i'm going out tonight or i'd probably be sitting at home all night thinking about what a stupid thing i've done, damn if that idiot who i actually lined a bike up with hadn't stuffed me around this would never have happened and i would have sold the sr250 and be riding a better bike, anyway time to go get drunk

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion
    Not always true, y'know. Not trying to persuade you, just pointing out that the idea that two smokers need constant repair isn't always valid.

In fact. 2 strokes can be much more reliable than 4 strokes, cos they don't have all that stuff that goes up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down and round 'n round 'n round 'n ...... *deep breath lad *, anyway they're simpler ain't they, so stands to reason must be more reliable.

Less to go wrong, means less goes wrong. Simple logic, innit.
    Don't forget it's cheaper if anything goes wrong. I tremble in fear of the costs involved in rebuilding my CBR when I finally blow it up

Bike
    Daytona 675
    Good luck blowing it up! I couldnt kill my one and I'm changing gear when the rev limiter cuts in!
    Taxi killed it for me tho, anything you walk (limp) away from isnt to bad I spose.
    We all have our little obsessions...

Bike
    1992, TOYOTA
    Quote Originally Posted by gamgee
    I'm bikeless lucky i'm going out tonight or i'd probably be sitting at home all night thinking about what a stupid thing i've done, damn if that idiot who i actually lined a bike up with hadn't stuffed me around this would never have happened and i would have sold the sr250 and be riding a better bike, anyway time to go get drunk
    Well. I only think that it's silly if you don't own a car. Wait patiently and you will get a good deal on a new bike though. Especially this side of the country.

Bike
    '90 GSXR250 in black
    yeah i do have a car but petrol is soooo expensive right now!! rode my mountain bike down to work today lol i can go just as fast down hills on that as i did on the sr anyway

Bike
    1992, TOYOTA
    Just spent a couple of hours riding around town today. Such a nice day. The SR can't be that bad. You are always welcome to ask for a test ride of my bike. Will be faster than the SR but won't be a handful for you.

Will be selling it next year. Have already had a couple of offers to take it off my hands. Comfortably over $2000 though.

Yeah I guess petrol is expensive. I put in $20 at north east valley bp and it was only about 15 litres or so. Oh well.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    tried trademe? :P

Thread Information